PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1985 AFC/NFC Championship (Pats vs. Dolphins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I echo most of the sentiments already given. I watched that game in Miami and felt compelled to go to NO. Got on the phone within 10 minutes after the game and got my tickets and motel. I think the motel was in Mississippi somewhere. I never got to actually see it, since I crashed with friends at THEIR hotel on Burbon street. It was one of the best times I've ever had. It lasted right up until Stanely Morgan dropped a TD pass, and it soon became clear that the Pats were overmatched.

I take some satisfaction that although the 85 bears where one of the greatest teams ever..they were a one and done team. By 87 they were no longer concidered one of the elite teams in the league. That is especially satisfying given our consistant excellence over the last 6 years.

i agree - what a run it was...

it as the first moment of real success - i was excited

and, at that times, only able to read and not see...

i saw only the Super Bowl (sigh...)

22 years ago...

Fgssand: you should send me too the VCR of the games... (just jocking)

When I convert them to DVD's - I'll make extras for ya!!

When I convert them to DVD's - I'll make extras for ya!!

wonderfull !!!

do you have also something in the 1976-1978 hera ?

I have old VCR tapes of that entire run...time to break them out over this raw, rainy weekend - I think I have the song on there...will get back to you all.

I haven't watched them in years.
i have all the playoff games from that year on tape in the old beta format.i have a sony beta machine that still works if you can believe it.

Last edited:
was that year too, the last game of the regular season probably against CIN, when we reached the play-offs and there were...some...celebrations...?

Last edited:
I was at the game in the Orange Bowl; my friend has an uncle who is a Doofins season ticket holder and he was able to get us ten tickets for the game. We all flew down Friday night and had great seats for the game; there were thousands of Patriots fans there, mostly in the endzone and in the upper deck on the Patriots side of the field.

We tail gated next to Mosi's mooses, unreal that they were parked right next to us at the "stadium" (it was actually some guys yard).

Doofin fans were total *******s towards us before during and especially after the game; have hated the Doofins ever since as a result........

was that year too, the last game of the regular season probably against CIN, when we reached the play-offs and there were...some...celebrations...?

I was at both the Cincy game and the Miami game - what a year that was. After the Miami game we got on the bus back to the hotel. The host said, "Why are you guys so quiet?" I could barely talk, we were yelling all game long. We left it all back in the Stadium, so to speak. Toward the end of the game, it was all Pats Fans and it was beautiful.

The Super Bowl did sour the experience for me and I couldn't think of that Miami game outside of the context of the Super Bowl. It all changed so quickly.
One week, I'm feeling the joy of three great wins on the road. Then shortly after that - my team is forgotten to the nation and is now just the team that was a joke in the Super Blow and had drug problems. The last chapter was cruel and ruined what was great story up until then.

what a beauty if that year we were able to win the Super Bowl...

but the game with CHI was an 'impossible mission'

that Bears team was awesome imho

I've been looking for some games from the 1993 and 1994 seasons...I got a pretty large collection of Patriots games myself and if somebody would like to trade some, just let me know.

yeah please squish the fish i dont' like that team at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes