PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

17 Almost Locks On Offense

There is the possibility that we keep both Jenkins and Jones in case both rookies need time for development.

Of course, Edelman could stay healthy and be our #2 receiver. We would then be depending on Amendola, Edelman and Jenkins.

The stuff I have read on Jenkins has all been positive, he's come off like a high character guy who would be very helpful to our younger receivers.

Am I correct in assuming if at least one of our rookie WR's don't pan out this season we're in for a long year?

OK, thanks for clarifying. What are your thoughts on Boynce, Bounce and Breeze and Beans? Locks or not?

You must mean Beyonce, and I think she's absolutely gorgeous ;)

Definitely a very solid lock.

I do think should they decide to move away from a the two TE offense they'd keep 6 true WR's.

It's definitely debatable that they may turn away from the 2 TE sets and go back to the 3 WR sets, at least on passing downs anyway. No one knows how Belichick will adapt to the loss, so it'll be something of major interest. The reason why I don't see a total shift away from 2 TE sets as much as you may is due to being able to take advantage of mismatches in personnel, as well as having the capacity to keep the same players on the field in run/pass situations--which also allows us to run more hurry up.

Taking advantage of those mismatches is huge, and by going to a 3 WR set you now lose that ability to play vs LB/S. It also would affect the ability to run as much hurry up, although we don't know what the big picture of that will be or how much they'll be using it.

I do see more 3 WR sets than last year (just my opinion), but I don't see quite as many changes on offense as some others may, despite the loss of AH.

Either way if they keep 6 true WR's it will definitely improve the chances of keeping Donald Jones, who I am definitely pulling for. Hearing about his limited opportunities in OTA's and mini camp doesn't make me feel as optimistic as I had hoped though, that's for sure, and as the numbers point out he may be of a more limited talent than some of us initially felt.

Pats will probably use the PUP list with Gronk, they use it like a mid-season taxi squad lately. Mallett might get traded too depending on the needs in Cleveland. Brandon Weeden? Really?? Connolly could be traded as well to a center needy team.

QB: Brady, Tebow
RB: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington
WR: Amendola, Dobson, Jenkins, Boyce, Edelman, Slater
TE: Ballard, Sudfeld, Hooman, Fells
OL: Solder, Vollmer, Svitek, Cannon, Mankins, Wendell, McDonald, Stankiewicz

PUP: Gronkowski

Pats will probably use the PUP list with Gronk, they use it like a mid-season taxi squad lately. Mallett might get traded too depending on the needs in Cleveland. Brandon Weeden? Really?? Connolly could be traded as well to a center needy team.

QB: Brady, Tebow
RB: Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, Blount, Washington
WR: Amendola, Dobson, Jenkins, Boyce, Edelman, Slater
TE: Ballard, Sudfeld, Hooman, Fells
OL: Solder, Vollmer, Svitek, Cannon, Mankins, Wendell, McDonald, Stankiewicz

PUP: Gronkowski

Without Hernandez on the roster I think they'll opt not to place Gronkowski on PUP. His timeline should have him back in plenty of time for the Falcons game in week 4. Also if he has a setback they can always use the in season IR spot.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back