Senior Bowl Public Relations sent out the practice film late Tuesday Night so any reports have been delayed by a day. This is what I have been able to put together so far.
1) The importance of the Senior Bowl week for Georgia QB Jamie Newman cannot be understated. He opted out of the season and he needs a big week. Several reports had him playing surprising well (ie; no rust). Another player that opted out was Washington DT Levi Onwuzurike. Early reports had him dominating. However he came up lame with a hip injury. Don’t know how much he will play the rest of the week.
2) Florida QB Kyle Trask dropped out due to an ankle injury. That was unfortunate for him. He needed a big week to get back into the top QB discussions.
3) Most scouts are very suspicious of what we will call one year wonders. In some cases like Alabama’s Mac Jones, he had to wait his turn behind two excellent QB’s. He performed magnificently for the National Champs. However, many scouts attribute that to the outstanding cast of players around him. I for one don’t think that was the case. His decision making, quick release, touch on the pass and completion percentage was terrific. On Day one QB’s are usually very conservative, finding their groove. They are throwing to unfamiliar WR’s from other teams. This was evident by a big pass play downfield to Georgia TE Tre McKitty.
4) Cincinnati OT James Hudson is making a name for himself down at the Senior Bowl. He is a player to watch. He transferred from Michigan and had to sit out a year by NCCA rule. Another unheralded OL is Grambling’s David Jones, the 6’3” 350 lb behemoth. He is described as nasty with an “F-U” attitude. He is quite nimble for his size.
5) Every single report I have seen raves about Dwayne Eskeridge WR from Western Michigan. He is 5’9” 190 converted RB. He has only played WR for one season. Even the CB’s are talking about him. Not only is he quick off the line but strong as well.
6) Another player I noticed on the limited video I have seen is UCLA’s RB Demetric Felton. He has practiced with the WR’s so far this week. He can’t be touched off the line and has great moves in his route running. Daniel Jeremiah thinks he could go from an unknown to a late day one pick.
Most of the Day one picks will come from the Junior class. Only a few 4 year players will be taken on round one. Underclassmen cannot play in this game.
I will have more tomorrow and Saturday leading up to the game.
Posted Under: 2021 Patriots Draft
Tags: 2021 NFL Draft 2021 Patriots Offseason Senior Bowl