PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

VIDEO: Rob Gronkowski Reveals Concussion History In New Interview

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
September 12, 2019 at 8:15 pm ET

VIDEO: Rob Gronkowski Reveals Concussion History In New Interview(PHOTO: Winslow Townson - USA TODAY Sports)
Posted: Sep 12, 2019 08:15
🕑 Read Time: 1 minutes

On Wednesdary, retired tight end Rob Gronkowski continued his television promotional tour for CBD company Abacus Health.

“Former New England Patriot Rob Gronkowski joined CBSN to discuss his life after retiring from football. He spoke with Reena Ninan about the state of the NFL, his push for the league to embrace the cannabis industry, and his new CBD business venture.”

In the interview, Gronkowski also revealed new information about his health and the toll football had on his body towards the end of his career.

Gronkowski was asked how he felt about letting his kids play football one day.

“I would let my son play football, but first I’d educate him on the game,” Gronkowski told CBS News. “[I would] educate him on what I went through, and I truly believe that any injury you receive is fixable, though. I mean, I went through it. I had nine surgeries and probably had, like, 20 concussions in my life — no lie. I remember five blackout ones.”

These latest revelations continue provide more clarity into Gronk’s decision to retire and the dark,disturbing effects concussions continue to have on the human body.

Since his official retirement announcement in March, Gronk continues to stress how unhappy he was towards the end playing football.

“I want to be clear to my fans,” Gronk said, per ESPN.com’s Mike Reiss. “I needed to recover. I was not in a good place. Football was bringing me down, and I didn’t like it. I was losing that joy in life.”

Check out more of Gronk’s thoughts in the full interview below.

Posted Under: Patriots Video
Tags: Rob Gronkowski

• Subscribe For Patriots Content Delivered by 6:30am Each Day

• Comments are closed.

• More Patriots News Headlines:

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons

Patriots Slater Calling It Quits After 16 Seasons

By: Ian Logue
    There's no question that things will look different on the field for the New England Patriots in 2024, but there will be one notable absence…
    1 day ago
    Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”

Patriots News 2-18, The Draft, Free Agency, and “The Dynasty”

Maye has a prototypical build for a QB at 6’4, 229, possesses a cannon for an arm, and has above-average athleticism, 9 rushing TDs in…
    MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches

MORSE: The Young Guns Patriots New Defensive Coaches

By: Mark Morse
    Before breaking into the NFL, Montgomery worked in several college programs, mostly bouncing around Iowa.
    MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office

MORSE: Introducing the New Patriots Front Office

By: Mark Morse
    The Wolf Pack - that's what this new group in the New England Patriots' front office will be known as.
    1 week ago
    49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs

49ers Had a Chance, But Questionable Decisions Cost Them in Loss to Chiefs

By: Ian Logue
    Raise your hand if you'd love to know what's going through 49ers GM John Lynch's mind this morning.
    1 week ago