PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

Jeremy Hill Thanks Supporters Following Season Ending ACL Injury

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
4 years ago at 9:48 pm ET
Posted Under: Patriots News

The New England Patriots were hit with tough injury news following their 27-20 week one victory over the Houston Texans.

Running back Jeremy Hill, who had an impressive training camp and preseason, beating out Mike Gillislee for a roster spot, was placed on season ending injured reserve with a torn ACL in his right knee.

Before sustaining the injury in the third quarter, Hill played 12 offensive snaps and had 25 rushing yards off four carries, sharing time with Rex Burkhead and James White.

Hill also made an impact on special teams, partially blocking a Houston punt.

On Instagram Tuesday, Hill posted an Instagram message thanking supporters during his difficult time.

“Why me Why now is what I’ve been asking myself since Sunday but in actuality WHY NOT me. Adversity and hurdles have been my whole life this just seems to be another one in my journey. God doesn’t make mistakes and I know I’m being put through this for a reason. Thanks for all your prayers I truly appreciate them. Only the Beginning for me.”

With Hill lost for the season, the Patriots running back depth consists of Burkhead, White, Sony Michel and newly signed Kenjan Barner.

Posted Under: Patriots News
Tags: James White Jeremy Hill Kenjan Barner Rex Burkhead

• Subscribe For Patriots Content Delivered by 6:30am Each Day

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

Patriots News 01—29, Shrine Bowl, Disorder In Patriots Place?

Patriots News 01—29, Shrine Bowl, Disorder In Patriots Place?

“A lot of guys were getting worried because when we were in the middle of camp, we were wondering what the plan was for our…
    19 hours ago
    MORSE: Who to watch at the East-West Shrine practices and game

MORSE: Who to watch at the East-West Shrine practices and game

By: Mark Morse
    Practices for the East-West Shrine games are getting started. Here are prospects that you should look for during the week leading up to the game…
    PHOTOS: Julian Edelman Remembers The 2018 AFC Championship

PHOTOS: Julian Edelman Remembers The 2018 AFC Championship

By: Robert Alvarez
    Julian Edelman shares photos from the 2018 AFC Championship game in a 'throwback Thursday" post on Instagram.
    Julian Edelman Addresses NFL Future, Bill O’Brien Hiring On “Pardon My Take” Podcast

By: Robert Alvarez
    Julian Edelman appears on the Barstool Sports "Pardon My Take" podcast, reacts to Bill O'Brien's hiring, and more.
    WATCH: Bill O’Brien’s First Interview Since Rejoining Patriots

WATCH: Bill O’Brien’s First Interview Since Rejoining Patriots

By: Robert Alvarez
    Bill O'Brien shares his first comments and reaction in his first interview since becoming the Patriots' new offensive coordinator.

• Search For Links: - CLOSE