PatsFans.com
PatsFans.com

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

PHOTO: Danny Shelton Reunited With His Father Following Trade To Patriots

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
4 years ago at 8:50 pm ET

PHOTO: Danny Shelton Reunited With His Father Following Trade To PatriotsScott R. Galvin - USA TODAY Sports

Danny Shelton’s trade to the New England Patriots had some extra meaning.

On Instagram this weekend, Shelton shared a photograph of himself at his fathers grave in Massachusetts that provided a reunion between the two for the first time in seven years.

His father, Gaston Shelton, passed away in 2008 when Danny was just 15 years old.

In an interview with CLNS Media’s Mike Petraglia, Danny provided some backstory to his Instagram posting.

“The last time I was out here in Boston was 2011 for a family reunion,” Shelton recalled. “My dad’s side of my family is Peruvian and we haven’t really been in touch with them during my childhood. In 2011 we had the opportunity to have a family reunion and we also had the opportunity to go up to his gravesite, so that was the last time I had seen my dad’s gravesite.

“It was really just heartwarming to be there. It was a crazy story because all of the cemeteries were closed and I couldn’t get a hold of anyone to help me find my dad’s grave. Luckily, my oldest brother has great memory and all I had to do was use FaceTime and show him where I was and he got me to my dad’s gravesite and we were able to take photos and take him flowers.”

How Was This Article?

Tags: Danny Shelton

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

Patriots News 6/24: Daily Team Notebook and NFL Notes

Patriots News 6/24: Daily Team Notebook and NFL Notes

By: Ian Logue
    New England Patriots news for 6/24 along with NFL notes.
    4 hours ago
    Patriots Get Draft Picks Strange, Thornton, and Zappe All Under Contract

Patriots Get Draft Picks Strange, Thornton, and Zappe All Under Contract

By: Ian Logue
    The Patriots tied up some loose ends after getting Cole Strange, Tyquan Thornton, and Bailey Zappe each under contract on Thursday.
    19 hours ago
    Best Of Social Media: The Patriots Reveal Throwback Uniforms For 2022

Best Of Social Media: The Patriots Reveal Throwback Uniforms For 2022

By: Robert Alvarez
    The New England Patriots reveal their "Pat Patriot" classic red throwback uniforms for 2022 and social media reacts.
    24 hours ago
    PHOTO: Tyquan Thorton Signs Rookie Contract With Patriots

PHOTO: Tyquan Thorton Signs Rookie Contract With Patriots

By: Robert Alvarez
    Rookie receiver Tyquan Thornton shares a photo over Instagram confirming he has signed a contract with the Patriots
    1 day ago
    Social Media Reacts To Rob Gronkowski’s Retirement

Social Media Reacts To Rob Gronkowski’s Retirement

By: Robert Alvarez
    The best social media posts and reactions to Rob Gronkowski's decision to retire from the NFL for a second time.
    1 day ago