PatsFans.com Menu

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

REPORT: Patriots LB Cox Suffered Broken Leg In Loss to Broncos

Ian Logue
Ian Logue on Twitter
21 years ago at 6:03 pm ET
Posted Under: Uncategorized

The Boston Globe reported on Monday that linebacker Brian Cox broke his leg in two places during Sunday’s 31-20 loss to the Broncos.

Cox left the game after taking a shot from Denver offensive lineman Dan Neil, who according to Cox, administered a cut block. Cox felt it was a cheap shot and told the newspaper, “To be honest, I don’t care if it takes the rest of my career, if I ever play that guy [again] he’s gonna have a blown-out knee and I don’t care who knows it because he just does that sort of [expletive] all the time.”

“He cuts me like that and then he has the [expletive] audacity to ask me if I’m all right. No, I’m not [expletive] all right!”

As a result, it’s very likely Cox may be out for the remainder of the season.

If that’s the case the Patriots defense may have lost the leader they have been lacking for the past couple of seasons. Cox was voted as captain of the team and has been the heart and soul of a New England defensive unit that has played with great intensity. With him out of the line-up they’re definitely going to miss him.

Posted Under: Uncategorized

• Subscribe For Patriots Content Delivered by 6:30am Each Day

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

Patriots News 01—29, Shrine Bowl, Disorder In Patriots Place?

Patriots News 01—29, Shrine Bowl, Disorder In Patriots Place?

“A lot of guys were getting worried because when we were in the middle of camp, we were wondering what the plan was for our…
    12 hours ago
    MORSE: Who to watch at the East-West Shrine practices and game

MORSE: Who to watch at the East-West Shrine practices and game

By: Mark Morse
    Practices for the East-West Shrine games are getting started. Here are prospects that you should look for during the week leading up to the game…
    1 day ago
    PHOTOS: Julian Edelman Remembers The 2018 AFC Championship

PHOTOS: Julian Edelman Remembers The 2018 AFC Championship

By: Robert Alvarez
    Julian Edelman shares photos from the 2018 AFC Championship game in a 'throwback Thursday" post on Instagram.
    Julian Edelman Addresses NFL Future, Bill O’Brien Hiring On “Pardon My Take” Podcast

By: Robert Alvarez
    Julian Edelman appears on the Barstool Sports "Pardon My Take" podcast, reacts to Bill O'Brien's hiring, and more.
    WATCH: Bill O’Brien’s First Interview Since Rejoining Patriots

WATCH: Bill O’Brien’s First Interview Since Rejoining Patriots

By: Robert Alvarez
    Bill O'Brien shares his first comments and reaction in his first interview since becoming the Patriots' new offensive coordinator.

• Search For Links: - CLOSE