PatsFans.com

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog > Uncategorized

REPORT: Patriots LB Cox Suffered Broken Leg In Loss to Broncos

Ian Logue
Ian Logue on Twitter
21 years ago at 6:03 pm ET
Posted Under: Uncategorized

The Boston Globe reported on Monday that linebacker Brian Cox broke his leg in two places during Sunday’s 31-20 loss to the Broncos.

Cox left the game after taking a shot from Denver offensive lineman Dan Neil, who according to Cox, administered a cut block. Cox felt it was a cheap shot and told the newspaper, “To be honest, I don’t care if it takes the rest of my career, if I ever play that guy [again] he’s gonna have a blown-out knee and I don’t care who knows it because he just does that sort of [expletive] all the time.”

“He cuts me like that and then he has the [expletive] audacity to ask me if I’m all right. No, I’m not [expletive] all right!”

As a result, it’s very likely Cox may be out for the remainder of the season.

If that’s the case the Patriots defense may have lost the leader they have been lacking for the past couple of seasons. Cox was voted as captain of the team and has been the heart and soul of a New England defensive unit that has played with great intensity. With him out of the line-up they’re definitely going to miss him.

How Was This Article?