PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your sentiments on AV's return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hey gang, just wanted to get your sentiments on Adam coming back. I think it will be a pretty big storyline this weekend as both teams will be scoring prolly and the game may be close. He performed pretty sweet while he was here, I hope the fans remember that and do not grease him...a nice round of applause would be acceptable, and then on to the game, you have to respect what he has accomplished, I have not ever seen clutch kicking like that in the NFL b4 on such a consistent basis. I do wish AV well, just not against us...

Game of the year this Sunday...

As long as he's on the losing team, I couldn't care less.

Sorry....duplicate post. (Friggin' slow computer and early morning...)

Last edited:
I had a dream last night.

The game was tied, and Indy drove down to the Pats 20. A minute remained. We had a big stop on 3rd and 1, and they sent out the traitor. The NBC announcers were singing his praises, threw up the "12 for 12" graphic, and replayed last week's winning kick. He then hooked a 37 yarder wide right.

Brady takes over with 55 seconds left, drives down to the 30. 2 seconds left. Ghost wins it from 47.

Exactly.

As long as adam v is on the losing team I don't care.

The worst thing that could happen would be to have adam kick the game winning FG

If it's close, the best thing would be to have the Ghost kick the GW FG!! :rocker:

Michigan Dave said:
I had a dream last night.

The game was tied, and Indy drove down to the Pats 20. A minute remained. We had a big stop on 3rd and 1, and they sent out the traitor. The NBC announcers were singing his praises, threw up the "12 for 12" graphic, and replayed last week's winning kick. He then hooked a 37 yarder wide right.

Brady takes over with 55 seconds left, drives down to the 30. 2 seconds left. Ghost wins it from 47.

I had a dream that your dream was wrong.

I dreamt the fans booed adam for leaving us for more money, then the pats beat the colts by 10 points and adam wasn't involved at the end.
Gostkowski made his kicks cleanly.
I woke up quite satisfied and had an omlet and some coffee.

I'll be at the game. I'll cheer him the first time to show him appreciation for what he did here, but from there on out the money-grubbing-whore gets booed.

If it he went to any team other than the Colts, I'd say he deserves a warm reception. But he went to the Colts, so to hell with him. I hope the fans boo him - maybe it can get inside his head (yes, it is possible to get inside Adam's head, he does make mistakes in the clutch - he did miss 2 kicks in the Carolina SB, and his missed field goal in Denver last season blew our comeback shot).

I've been a life long fan of the Patriots. Some may say I'm a fan of laundry because I root for the team not for individual players. But, for me it's a game of what have you done for me lately. That doesn't mean I forget what they did in the past or the great victories they achieved but, as players they need to do what it takes to bring a Pats victory this game. If Adam does that (by missing) then sure I'll still cheer him. :D

Last edited:
F' him. I fart in his general direction.

Vinatraitor. Benedict Adam. < insert your derogatory pet name here>

With all due respect for disagree with some of you... I hope he burns in hell... or boo him, whatever come first... ;)

Willie55 said:
I'll be at the game. I'll cheer him the first time to show him appreciation for what he did here, but from there on out the money-grubbing-whore gets booed.

I'll be at the game too, and will not cheer AV under any circumstances. He knows he was appreciated here, no need to pump his shallow-assed ego any further. I'd love to see one of his kicks blocked and see him put on his can during a kickoff return.

hmm, site is much fater lately, cool..

...so no love or appreciation from many, not even a little..interesting...

lucky b@#tards going to the game...

i have a feeling a LOT of "how can they forget what adam V has done for them" talk will be there on monday.

Screw Vinatieri. I am going to boo him badly on Sunday.

His funeral was in march- he is now 'dead to me". When he stops wearing that blue uni and retires as a Patriot, he will rise from the dead.

I will turn my back on him whenever he is on the field.

desi-patsfan said:
i have a feeling a LOT of "how can they forget what adam V has done for them" talk will be there on monday.

I'm just enjoying a 6-1 season thus far and AV couldn't be further from my mind

JoeSixPat said:
I'm just enjoying a 6-1 season thus far and AV couldn't be further from my mind

Couldn't agree more. Of all the ex pats who've left this past season, his post pats performance is of the least concern to me. However, following the scenario's posted above, it would be sweet to see him short his kickoff to the 10-15yd line, have Maroney gather it in, and dance upfield, stiff arming, and planting Adam's face on our new grass!

If I had the fortune to be at the game, I'd do nothing when Adam first shows up. He's no longer a Pat, and he was shown plenty of appreciation and respect when he was here, but that was the past and now he plays for another team. Simple really!

I like the idea that as he runs in to take his kicks, he is met not by respectful applause, not with booing, but with an entire crowd rising to their feet and turning their backs on him. And silence. Not the silence of willing him to hit the three points, but the silence of contempt for a player who turned his back on the team that made him the best paid kicker in the game and went to play for our most hated rivals.
Won't happen that way; he'll be booed all night, which will just pump him up even more. If he has the chance, he'll kick the winning points. He's still Automatic Adam, he just isn't our Automatic Adam.

You are very right this will be a huge story this weekend (the questions were already starting during BB's press conference and it was...stilted, to say the least). Me personally, I don't want him to have ANY impact on the game at all. If he blew a FG and Gost made one, I wouldn't complain, but it would be a media firestorm. I'd prefer the reality of it to be far less exciting and "storybook". I'd love a solid win with Adam barely noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes