PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they put the entire team on tamiflu.

Can't afford to have any other players getting sick, and this flu is a real nasty strain. I came down with it before Christmas and I'm still trying to shake the last symptoms.

Tim Jernigan also missed the last practice with an "illness." Barner had previously been out Thursday with an illness but returned on Friday.

Maybe this will be an equal-opportunity virus across both teams, but it certainly scares me. The (egg-based) flu vaccine didn't work well this year because of antigenic drift when they were growing it. The cell-based vaccine (Flucelvax) which is only about 10% of US production did work well however.

Flu can lay low the strongest of people with full recovery sometime taking weeks. I assume Butler was on the flight with the others.

Let's just hope it's not catching

ArnoldWRONG.gif

If it's the stomach bug, I'm less concerned, as those usually clear within 24-48 hours. But if it's a classic flu, that may take up to a week to clear.

The flu is a respiratory illness and, while nausea may be a symptom, vomiting and the runs are not. Flu-like symptoms could be anything from influenza itself to the common cold to bronchitis but it's almost certainly a respiratory infection.

This makes is sound so much worse that what happened. He had flu-like symptoms and went to the hospital yesterday for treatment but by all accounts is still with the team. This makes it sound like they admitted him and he's laying in a hospital bed right now

Hope they put the entire team on tamiflu.

Can't afford to have any other players getting sick, and this flu is a real nasty strain. I came down with it before Christmas and I'm still trying to shake the last symptoms.

Why did you get a dislike for this?

He probably was throwing up and having the runs. Yourself and I would let it run it’s course. Athletes getting ready for a SB go to the hospital to get IV’s and antibiotic to speed the healing and keep hydrated properly
Those aren't "flu-like symptoms". Those are gastroenteritis symptoms. When a hospital or doctor talks about "flu-like symptoms" they mean potential symptoms of influenza.

Hope to god influenza isn't about to go/going around the team. That would be a complete disaster. It can put even the fittest people literally on their back for literally a week.

Those aren't "flu-like symptoms". Those are gastroenteritis symptoms. When a hospital or doctor talks about "flu-like symptoms" they mean potential symptoms of influenza.

Hope to god influenza isn't about to go/going around the team. That would be a complete disaster. It can put even the fittest people literally on their back for literally a week.

I just got over having vertigo and a stomach bug for the last week and a half.

Here's what Howe says:

Butler was treated at the hospital Sunday night for flu-like symptoms, and he was still recovering Monday night from the illness, but he is expected to be fine for the Super Bowl, according to sources.

(If he's "expected to be fine" for Sunday, that at least is an indication it isn't influenza.)

If Butler was a!lowed on the plane for 3 plus hours going there today, I'm guessing there's not much fear of him infecting others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes