PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Young lauds Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vince is a good guy and great player

he also said Harrison is 1 of the best safeties..mentioned our LBs...line..said Asante makes plays

he also said Harrison is 1 of the best safeties..mentioned our LBs...line..said Asante makes plays

sounds like a BB press conf about any team ;)

Time will telll - but I clearly underestimated him, and thought his Vick like play, combined with low draft intelligence tests, would see him be an NFL flop.

Clearly he's not - I was wrong about that - and in fact he shows great football poise, intelligence and leadership - especially for a rookie.

Time will telll - but I clearly underestimated him, and thought his Vick like play, combined with low draft intelligence tests, would see him be an NFL flop.

Clearly he's not - I was wrong about that - and in fact he shows great football poise, intelligence and leadership - especially for a rookie.
I'd give him a year or two or six or seven before reserving his bust space at Canton. They were ready to crown Tony Romo a few weeks ago, then he returned to mediocrity.

VY has great charisma and leadership qualities. People respond to him. He makes his teammates play harder and better. That is a quality that can't be measured except in wins and losses. Maybe he won't end up in Canton (I think he will), but he's very easy to root for. It's tough to have everybody making fun of you for being stupid, like Terry Bradshaw had to go through, especially when it isn't true. He handles himself with class and dignity.

I'd give him a year or two or six or seven before reserving his bust space at Canton. They were ready to crown Tony Romo a few weeks ago, then he returned to mediocrity.

And where exactly did that poster mention anything about Canton? Oh he didn't, and you're just trying to down him for no reason? Gotcha.

And where exactly did that poster mention anything about Canton? Oh he didn't, and you're just trying to down him for no reason? Gotcha.
It's called exaggerating or overstating, which I thought were appropriate in response to these equally overstated words: great football poise, intelligence and leadership. The guy doesn't even have a full season of starts under his belt and his QB rating is 69.7.

It's called exaggerating or overstating, which I thought were appropriate in response to these equally overstated words: great football poise, intelligence and leadership. The guy doesn't even have a full season of starts under his belt and his QB rating is 69.7.

So when I said "time will tell" you took that as a prediction he'd be inducted in the Hall of Fame?
:rolleyes:

Everyone knows that QB rating means nothing - unless you think that JP Losman is better than Tom Brady.

After losing their first 5 games the Titans have won 8 of the last 10 - including six straight games. Young deserves a great deal of credit for that. Not bad for a rookie - let's not underestimate him.

So when I said "time will tell" you took that as a prediction he'd be inducted in the Hall of Fame?

:rolleyes:
You did say time will tell, but the words great football poise, intelligence and leadership trump that in spades. So far I'd say the guy has had some fantastic finishes but how many "complete games" has he played, especially considering his QB rating?

Winners attract winners.

Young is still playing by the seat of his pants. That won't work forever, but it's been entertaining to watch so far. The real test will be this offseason and how hard he works to pick up more of the game so he can go to the next level. He def has the "it" factor and can go a long way,,,but time will tell.

Agreed. Very impressive interview. I like his attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes