PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Video of Shefter's ESPN report

hwc

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Here ya go:

Shefter's source had to be the Patriots.

Not sure about the source, but here is a typed transcript of this video (great find).

Adam Shefter on ESPN's Outside the Lines (OTL):
There are a few different league officials, according to people I spoke with today, at the game who handled the footballs -league employees. League employee one, league employee two and league employee three, we'll call them for a lack of better phrases whose jobs are to handle the balls on game days. League official one is also supposed to take the balls out of play and send them off to a charitable endeavor and raise money... but on this day and since that day the league has fired that employee for allegedly selling some of those footballs on the side. So that employee, official one, has been fired since the AFC championship game. Employee two noticed that one of the balls is missing from the league official one and he went to get a different one. So when league official two came, he tried to replace that football. League official one noticed that the ball was missing and people knew, he brought the ball back into the game. So there were then two different league officials handing footballs to Jim McNally for use of the game. So this sounds like a very unique, murky, cloudy situations. All of this information is captured on video tape that has been turned over to the NFL and will be documented in the Wells report, according to the people I've spoken with. Essentially Jim McNally was given these footballs by the league officials who were assigned to work the game that day.[/quote]

Adam Shefter when asked about the fired official:
That extended beyond the AFC Championship game. That was part of a pattern of behavior that exists in this particular individual that culminated in him working that game and trying to get another football.[/quote]

Source:
Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 10m10 minutes ago
What a mess RT @MarkDanielsPJ: Here's what @AdamSchefter said today about the fired official on Outside the Lines
B-J_4SLCAAAtj11.png

Did you notice how quickly they got him off the phone?

ESPN's NFL articles stinks. End of story.:eek:

I want to see Outside the Lines in full so I can appreciate the sudden turn of events. When's the replay?

I want to see Outside the Lines in full so I can appreciate the sudden turn of events. When's the replay?

Haven't found it in full. Just have Schefter's part here:

AtomicBomb.gif

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes