PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upending TV Sports, ESPN, Fox, Warner Bros. Discovery Form Joint Streaming Service

Since baseball started fracturing their broadcast rights - regional, streaming, cable, broadcasting, and whatever else is out there, I've completely stopped watching / following mlb... Never thought I would stop caring about the Sox, but it happened ...

The more hoops they make you jump thru to watch, the less compelling it becomes to follow along... But I don't think they care... It's all about the money, what they can sell / monetize (sp?)...

They are making money though, hand over fist... Friend of mine is a Yankee groundskeeper... You should see the house he just built... Oof... Elevators are now a thing in residential homes, apparently... Who knew...
I dropped MLB around 1999 and I haven't missed it all.

I remember having this type of money discussion in my days as an AOLe during the early part of the Pats dynasty. Someone claimed that the NYFL would be able to make a profit even if they had no people in the stands. We got there a few years ago.

Since baseball started fracturing their broadcast rights - regional, streaming, cable, broadcasting, and whatever else is out there, I've completely stopped watching / following mlb... Never thought I would stop caring about the Sox, but it happened ...

The more hoops they make you jump thru to watch, the less compelling it becomes to follow along... But I don't think they care... It's all about the money, what they can sell / monetize (sp?)...

They are making money though, hand over fist... Friend of mine is a Yankee groundskeeper... You should see the house he just built... Oof... Elevators are now a thing in residential homes, apparently... Who knew...
I really want to watch the Red Sox, but ownership thinks I am an idiot and just wants to pander to the Sweet Carolina Pink Hat club. Pass.

Get a 4k firestick, there's a guy in town here that will load up every channel available for $300, it lasts a year and then he'll reload it again for you. Some of my friends have it and they get every channel that has sports. You can even get the XXX channels if you want.

I won’t pay to watch the Sox. Why pay for a team that won’t go ”full throttle” and then also lies about it? I am grateful for all that Henry did but he can have the “Fenway Experience.”

Pats since Brady have been trending the same way. They don’t have to go to the SB but this is a make or break year for the trajectory to change. You can’t monetize a declining asset. Fortunately, I think the Krafts, who run an actual, physical business, understand that better than the Sox ownership crew.
100% with you. John Henry runs the team like a mutual fund. I am boycotting the sox

Probably the first step to some sort of pay per view
Bingo. This is their goal. Even though they already essentially have been given a printing press for money and are taking it in handover fist they still need to make more. Even at a time when a lot of Americans are struggling. Pure unadulterated, corrupt greed. I hope the Congress takes away their antitrust exemption.

Amazon fire stick best $30 I spent last year, unlimited movies and all the sports I can watch. Look into Apollo TV.

I dropped MLB around 1999 and I haven't missed it all.

I remember having this type of money discussion in my days as an AOLe during the early part of the Pats dynasty. Someone claimed that the NYFL would be able to make a profit even if they had no people in the stands. We got there a few years ago.
cities and states pony up hundreds of millions of dollars in cash and tax breaks for stadiums... broadcasters pony up billions for the rights to stream/broadcast games... companies pay millions for naming rights to tax payer funded stadiums... and the players are only entitled to half the proceeds...

they don't need the regular fan... that why super bowl tickets cost 11k ... they don't care.

Bingo. This is their goal. Even though they already essentially have been given a printing press for money and are taking it in handover fist they still need to make more. Even at a time when a lot of Americans are struggling. Pure unadulterated, corrupt greed. I hope the Congress takes away their antitrust exemption.
you hear goodells answer about the super bowl being on a streaming platform? "not during my tenure" yeah... i'll buy that... but its sure as **** its going to happen under the next fellas watch...

you hear goodells answer about the super bowl being on a streaming platform? "not during my tenure" yeah... i'll buy that... but its sure as **** its going to happen under the next fellas watch...
Yep. Thats where everything is headed.

However Goodell is a lying sack of **** because with Amazon and Paramount + it's already started

NFL and Goodell are so greedy. Pretty soon you will have to have 10 different streaming services to watch football.
I find myself watching less and less. Haven't watched the sox in yrs. They'll try to invent ways to get more money but their alienating alot of customers. Question is their gaining more versus losing.

The I Phone generation... The ones who grew up with a phone in their pocket and instant access to just about everything...

It's the encyclopedia generation that balks...
Their parents pay their cell phone bill haha

I find myself watching less and less. Haven't watched the sox in yrs. They'll try to invent ways to get more money but their alienating alot of customers. Question is their gaining more versus losing.
I am on this program. I'll be dropping Fubo this weekend and adding NESN 360 for remainder of hockey season. That's a $60 per month net savings. I will figure out what I am doing with football in August.

This service is a non starter for NFL fans. What real NFL fan is going to subscribe to have access to Fox games but not CBS games? Until they offer all games, YouTube TV, Hulu, etc will be the way to go.

Unless the point of this service is to carry NFL games exclusively - something they can’t do without the NFL’s permission - then I don’t see what the big deal is.

I remember the good ol days of watching out of market games through streams on reddit - before reddit became corporatist and communist.

I was able to get every game last season including the Peacock one with Gamepass International.

Is the US version of Gamepass different in that sense? Did people who paid for what was advertised as "every game" end up not getting every game?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back