PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upending TV Sports, ESPN, Fox, Warner Bros. Discovery Form Joint Streaming Service

They will probably get a late-season Saturday exclusive (like Peacock had this past December) but it seems to me they will mostly just be streaming the games already on their respective TV stations.

Probably the first step to some sort of pay per view
We arguably already have that with Peacock and Prime. I doubt this will be straight up PPV but, like those other streaming services, will require a paid subscription.

It is good for out of town fans like me finding the games every week is a problem. Hopefully they can get the cbs games in too

Is it Fox or Fox sports? Major difference as Fox carries NFL. I think it's Fox Sports.

We arguably already have that with Peacock and Prime. I doubt this will be straight up PPV but, like those other streaming services, will require a paid subscription.
Or many out of town games. I already pay to watch the Pats. And I won’t pay to watch the Sox.

Doesn't Disney own espn and fox?

This isn't going to end well for the football consumer...

Disney owns Fox TV and movie side but they don't own Fox sports or the Fox channels.

Disney owns Fox TV and movie side but they don't own Fox sports or the Fox channels.
Thanks for the clarification Festy...

Still going to be bad ... When rights packages of the NFL alone are in the billions, it's going to be expensive...

Sure the cost will start out on the lower end, but it will increase, as sure as the sun rises in the east ...

*Starts looking around for that old Pirate flag* ... Aarrr matey, Piracy is still a thing, right?

NFL and Goodell are so greedy. Pretty soon you will have to have 10 different streaming services to watch football.
I always thought the NYFL was greedy and I've been finding out that the product on the field has become less sportsand more entertainment, only it doesn't entertain me as much. I don't watch nearly as many non-Pats game as I used to and I'm not even sure I'll watch the SB this year.

I always thought the NYFL was greedy and I've been finding out that the product on the field has become less sportsand more entertainment, only it doesn't entertain me as much. I don't watch nearly as many non-Pats game as I used to and I'm not even sure I'll watch the SB this year.
Since baseball started fracturing their broadcast rights - regional, streaming, cable, broadcasting, and whatever else is out there, I've completely stopped watching / following mlb... Never thought I would stop caring about the Sox, but it happened ...

The more hoops they make you jump thru to watch, the less compelling it becomes to follow along... But I don't think they care... It's all about the money, what they can sell / monetize (sp?)...

They are making money though, hand over fist... Friend of mine is a Yankee groundskeeper... You should see the house he just built... Oof... Elevators are now a thing in residential homes, apparently... Who knew...

If it was structured right and cost was reasonable, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'm in NH and can only get CBS games with an HD antenna.

I'm shelling out $70 a month for YouTube TV and the only thing I use it for is football.

Doesn't Disney own espn and fox?

This isn't going to end well for the football consumer...
I am not giving these people any more money for another service.
Thats It Star Trek GIF by Goldmaster

Since baseball started fracturing their broadcast rights - regional, streaming, cable, broadcasting, and whatever else is out there, I've completely stopped watching / following mlb... Never thought I would stop caring about the Sox, but it happened ...

The more hoops they make you jump thru to watch, the less compelling it becomes to follow along... But I don't think they care... It's all about the money, what they can sell / monetize (sp?)..

I won’t pay to watch the Sox. Why pay for a team that won’t go ”full throttle” and then also lies about it? I am grateful for all that Henry did but he can have the “Fenway Experience.”

Pats since Brady have been trending the same way. They don’t have to go to the SB but this is a make or break year for the trajectory to change. You can’t monetize a declining asset. Fortunately, I think the Krafts, who run an actual, physical business, understand that better than the Sox ownership crew.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back