PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Upending TV Sports, ESPN, Fox, Warner Bros. Discovery Form Joint Streaming Service

Get a 4k firestick, there's a guy in town here that will load up every channel available for $300, it lasts a year and then he'll reload it again for you. Some of my friends have it and they get every channel that has sports. You can even get the XXX channels if you want.

Amazon fire stick best $30 I spent last year, unlimited movies and all the sports I can watch. Look into Apollo TV.

Although the cost is skyrocketing, there's peace of mind that comes with doing things legally.

Maybe
Maybe not

Pirating is one of the reasons the prices are high.

No?
No they definitely have bigger problems than people pirating football games once a week for a few months.

Maybe, I’d attribute it to corporate greed more than anything else.

Call me Captain Jack Sparrow of pirating football games.

Probably the first step to some sort of pay per view
I guarantee within the next 10 years there will be a pay per view Super Bowl. I don't know if it will be the only way to watch it but it's coming.

I guarantee within the next 10 years there will be a pay per view Super Bowl. I don't know if it will be the only way to watch it but it's coming.
Agreed it's only a matter of time.....certain sports in the UK were free to view so everyone could enjoy them but one by one they are gradually moving to satellite / cable etc

Heres my issue with all these streamimg services and TV in general has been going this way as well. Things used to be "free" because the companies that sponsored them were basically paying you in football to watch thier ads and buy thier ****. Social contract that makes sense for both sides. Thats why i hate hearing people biotch about having to watch ads, its your half of the contract, do your job. You dont have to buy anything but you do have to watch it. If you dont want to watch them then tv shows cost money to produce and you have to pay out the *** for it.

The NFL isnt the worst but it sure is getting up there in that they want to double dip. They want the ad money AND the subscriber money. Thats BS and should be illegal but its gotten to be so expected and we are so addicted that they will continue to do it until consumers bleed out thier wallets. Its why i LOATH the 32, how many billions a year is enough when the common man is struggling to keep a roof over thier head and food on the table? Worst part is how short sighted it is, the best way to quell civil unrest? Give the sheep something that distracts them from how awful thier everyday life is, like idk gladiator games of men knocking out other men for money.

Arguably this process started decades ago when they started airing Sunday night games on TNT/ESPN and continued with the move of Monday Night games to ESPN. It sucked then and sucked now.

Although what a previous poster mentioned about just streaming Sox games sounds close to my idea of what should happen in the NFL.... that is, the ability to watch your team's whole season. I'd be pretty tempted to do that and guarantee I can watch the Patriots, no matter what station they're on.

Right now, I make do with a fairly strong over-the-air antenna, but it's still VERY subject to random sources of interference.

The NFL is a monopoly. Government should take away their anti trust exemption

Their greed knows no bounds

I remember the good ol days of watching out of market games through streams on reddit - before reddit became corporatist and communist.
Your non-capitalist opinion on this is noted. Seriously the NFL has enough Benjamins. Those “good ol days” are streaming elsewhere. Not too hard to find if you look.

As long as I have my preferred streaming site I’m good.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back