PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady First to Beat 31 Other Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
From TMQ:

Stat of the Week No. 5: The past two Sundays, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Brett Favre have become the only quarterbacks in NFL history to defeat 31 other teams.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071106&sportCat=nfl

Note to Manningacs - Think before you respond, if you can!

I don't get your Note at the end, if you want to really get technical Manning did it "first" since his game verse Carolina was at 1 whereas Brady's didn't start till 4.

I don't get your Note at the end, if you want to really get technical Manning did it "first" since his game verse Carolina was at 1 whereas Brady's didn't start till 4.

That's why I said think. Peyton (isn't that a girl's name) Manning and Brett Favre have been in the league longer. Brady achieved this distinction earlier in his career - hence, he's first!

Are you suggesting that perhaps before he tries posting, our newest member think...:rolleyes:

That's why I said think. Peyton (isn't that a girl's name) Manning...

Imagine how many kids in Indy are going to be starting kindergarten this year with the first name Peyton....:rolleyes:

That's why I said think. Peyton (isn't that a girl's name) Manning and Brett Favre have been in the league longer. Brady achieved this distinction earlier in his career - hence, he's first!

No that would be fastest...

If this is all you can bring, maybe you should just lurk for a while.

He who is fastest, is first.

Does Mo know English?

You are a hoot. What grade are you in?

If I start running right now and get to Foxboro next Sunday morning, and you start next Sunday morning and get there by evening, who gets there first... No wait, don't even answer.

He who is fastest, is first.

Man, are you wrong.

Brady's the fastest or the youngest, but not first. First means happening or accomplishing something before all others, hence Manning was first by a couple of hours.

To put it another way, let's say that Vince Young gets hot and ends up beating all of the other 31 teams by October of 2011. Is he then first, surpassing Brady?

Manning was the first to do it purely thanks to a scheduling issue (1pm vs. 4pm game). I don't think Tom should be penalized for his game starting later, so in my book they both did it first on the exact same day. ETA: Using this logic, one can argue that Favre doesn't deserve to be the third QB because it's not like he scheduled the Chiefs a week too late to match Brady and Manning's feat. I'm okay in saying all three did it in the same season and leaving it at that.

There have been 32 teams only since 2002 and that's the same year the fixed schedule rotation was set. If there's a team in another division within the conference you have yet to beat, odds are you will only get once chance every three years, at home once every 6. In the other conference, it will be once every four years, at home once every 8. That it took only 5 1/2 full seasons for three QBs to accomplish this feat is pretty good.

And since when does fastest = first? I guess Ben Roethlisberger is the first QB to win the Super Bowl because he was the youngest, hence the "fastest" from birth to win it. If Brady wins his fourth Lombardi, I guess he'll be the first QB to do that since he'll have done it faster than Bradshaw and Montana.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Brett Favre have all been in the league an equal amount of time since the 32nd team in the NFL, The Houston Texans, were added in 2002. Thanks for underlining think though, it makes you look extra smart.

Yes but Brady has accomplished this feat in 3 less seasons than Manning

How about we all just agree that Bradys accomplishment is the most impressive?

Imagine how many kids in Indy are going to be starting kindergarten this year with the first name Peyton....:rolleyes:

GOOD GOD!!! An entire generation of Frankenstien heads..... It's like a horror movie unfolding before our eyes.

Who the hell wants to name their kid after Gaykunt Manning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes