Today in Patriots History
Malcolm Butler!!!

Sunday February 1, 2015 at 6:30
Super Bowl 49 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona
New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24
Head Coaches: Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll
Quarterbacks: Tom Brady, Russell Wilson
Odds: Pick'em

Pats finish 15-4 after a 2-2 start, and moving on to Cincinnati.
Seattle's 8-game losing streak ends as they finish 14-5; the dull roar of talk about the next dynasty is muted with this failed quest for back-to-back super bowl championships.

MVP: Tom Brady
TB12 completed 74% of his passes for 328 yards, four touchdowns, and a 101.1 passer rating.

Super Bowl XLIX Mic'd Up Second Half Highlights

Butler picks off Wilson to seal Patriots Super Bowl XLIX Victory

Super Bowl XLIX - 4th Quarter

Best Fan Reactions to the Interception [NOTE: Audio NSFW]

Patriots win Super Bowl XLIX beat Seattle on Malcolm Butler interception | Boston Herald

'Worst play-call in Super Bowl history' (or was it greatest defensive preparation and execution?) will forever alter perception of Seahawks, Patriots | Washington Post

Who would have ever guessed that Kyle Arrington's inability to defend against Seattle's receivers
would have led to the most memorable play in the history of the Super Bowl?

super-bowl-49-ending-oral-history-seahawks-patriots.jpg

B8zsHxwCYAAjiPd.0.0.jpg

super-bowl-xlix_1soaaytwche8610oheqvtardkf.jpg

Clutch CB play...Sure could've used somebody like him in SB52...

Never, Ever, EVAH should've been that close...Should've beaten those happy-to-just-be-theres by double-digits, if not by double-touchdowns...
If I recall correctly the final Carolina TD happened after Eugene Wilson was injured, and Rodney Harrison was playing with a broken arm. In retrospect it was amazing that the Pats were able to win with the secondary that they were forced to use on the field for the 4th quarter. They had guys that had no business being out there at the end like Shawn Mayer and Chris Akins. The miscommunication between Law and Wilson that allowed Muhammed to get wide open for the 85 yard TD didn't help either. But yeah, even with all that it was still a lot closer than it should have been.

Malcolm Butler!!!

Sunday February 1, 2015 at 6:30
Super Bowl 49 at University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona
New England Patriots 28, Seattle Seahawks 24
Head Coaches: Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll
Quarterbacks: Tom Brady, Russell Wilson
Odds: Pick'em

Pats finish 15-4 after a 2-2 start, and moving on to Cincinnati.
Seattle's 8-game losing streak ends as they finish 14-5; the dull roar of talk about the next dynasty is muted with this failed quest for back-to-back super bowl championships.

MVP: Tom Brady
TB12 completed 74% of his passes for 328 yards, four touchdowns, and a 101.1 passer rating.

Super Bowl XLIX Mic'd Up Second Half Highlights

Butler picks off Wilson to seal Patriots Super Bowl XLIX Victory

Super Bowl XLIX - 4th Quarter

Best Fan Reactions to the Interception [NOTE: Audio NSFW]

Patriots win Super Bowl XLIX beat Seattle on Malcolm Butler interception | Boston Herald

'Worst play-call in Super Bowl history' (or was it greatest defensive preparation and execution?) will forever alter perception of Seahawks, Patriots | Washington Post

Who would have ever guessed that Kyle Arrington's inability to defend against Seattle's receivers
would have led to the most memorable play in the history of the Super Bowl?

super-bowl-49-ending-oral-history-seahawks-patriots.jpg

B8zsHxwCYAAjiPd.0.0.jpg

super-bowl-xlix_1soaaytwche8610oheqvtardkf.jpg

I had just lost my cool and blown a gasket in front of a bunch of people at a party I was at after the Kearse play. A few minutes later, a completely different reaction. What a roller coaster that game was.

I had just lost my cool and blown a gasket in front of a bunch of people at a party I was at after the Kearse play. A few minutes later, a completely different reaction. What a roller coaster that game was.
Funny, I did the same exact thing. Threw something down on the floor. Had to go walk outside. Almost missed the Butler pick. Went from manically insane to manically insane in the opposite direction in a manner of about two plays.

Malcolm will go down in my mind as one of the most important patriots there was. Until that int we were completely snake bitten in the playoffs/ sb for 10 years. Tyree, welker, the 06 afcc blown lead in indy due to illnesses, gronks being injured 3 straight years for the biggest game, and then that kearse catch. The int changed our fortunes and we ran with it.

I spent most of the game in somewhat of a fetal position. Knees pulled up to my chest, sitting my my chair. I remember not talking for a big swath of the game, until the D made a stop and I turned to my buddy and said "that's big" in a low voice. They scored on the next drive.

Funny, I did the same exact thing. Threw something down on the floor. Had to go walk outside. Almost missed the Butler pick. Went from manically insane to manically insane in the opposite direction in a manner of about two plays.
I watched it in a house full of Seahawks fans, and my father in law that happens to be a 49ers fan. After that catch I said "no f***ing way, not again." Then the pick happened and my head almost hit the ceiling celebrating. An in law took my pats football and ran Into the backyard and launched it half a dozen houses down.

Doesn't get better than that.

One of the rare times that I scared the crap out of my wife. Vividly remember running and screaming in the house.

Didn't realize it was #21 on 2/1 (not the first to note that I'm sure).

As wonderful as the Malcolm Butler play was, and it was AMAZING, and I was screaming for joy louder than after any other play in my LIFE,

some of the replays need to cut off sooner.

I have to hit stop on the Chris Collinsworth call, when he has nothing to say about what a great play it was and instead whines incessantly, on and on and on, about the play call, and about Lynch being unstoppable.

That awful analysis prompted every Pats hater to claim that Pete Carrol was the MVP and it was a gift. It wasn't

Rob Ninkovich

Happy 37th birthday to Rob Ninkovich
Born February 1, 1984; from Joliet, Illinois
Patriot LB/DE, 2009-2016; uniform #50
Signed as a veteran free agent on August 2, 2009

After spending parts of three seasons with New Orleans and Miami, the Pats signed Nink as a free agent just after the start of the 2009 training camp. Over eight seasons in New England he played in 123 regular season games, with 101 starts. Ninkovich totaled 469 tackles (279 solo), 55 tackles for a loss, 88 quarterback hits and 46 sacks in those games. In addition he had five interceptions, 12 passes defensed, 12 forced fumbles, 14 fumble recoveries and two touchdowns with the Pats. What does not show up in the stat sheet is how well he did his job of setting the edge and taking away an outside option from opposing offenses.

Ninkovich also performed a vital part in 17 playoff games; the Pats went 11-6 in those contests. He earned two Super Bowl rings for the victories over Seattle and Atlanta. In the postseason Nink had 66 tackles (36 solo), 9 tackles for a loss, six sacks, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, an interception and a touchdown.

Do. Your. Job. — The Ninkovich Sack No One Will Remember | Inside The Pylon

Ninkovich, aligned pre-snap in a three-point stance on the outside shoulder of the right tackle, immediately drops back behind his fellow linemen at the snap, mirroring the movements of Wilson in the pocket. Lined up over the right guard, Chris Jones slants toward the B-gap, drawing two blockers. Meanwhile, Chandler Jones ‒ positioned pre-snap between the left tackle and guard ‒ slants into the A-gap, also occupying two blockers.
Taking the cue from Chandler Jones’s rush toward the center, Ninkovich loops around his teammate. Ayers delivers a chip on Lynch at the snap and pushes into the backfield against the left tackle, causing the nearby left guard to shuffle over and help on the block. This seemingly unrelated combination of movements creates an opening for Ninkovich to burst upfield unimpeded and take down the QB for a sack.
After the ensuing punt, New England quarterback Tom Brady and his offense would go on to score a touchdown to cut the deficit to 24-21. The Patriots defense would follow-up by forcing another quick three-and-out, allowing Brady and company to once again drive downfield for what would end up being a game-winning touchdown. And only then did Malcolm Butler step up when the defense needed it most.

There’s never been any quit in Rob Ninkovich | The Boston Globe

11 things we learned from Rob Ninkovich’s retirement news conference | Boston.com

2. Ninkovich thought the Patriots would draft him in 2006. They scouted him, but the Saints had pick 135 to the Patriots’ 136, and picked up Ninkovich at that spot. “When I was coming out for the draft, I thought I was coming to the Patriots,’’ Ninkovich said. “That’s what I thought. Pick 135. 136 was you guys, 136 was the Saints. I thought the phone ringing was New England, but it was New Orleans. That was the path that I had to go to to meet my beautiful wife and now I have two beautiful children and I’m grateful for that. That’s a part of my life that really was a true blessing for me to learn those life lessons.’’

Belichick congratulates 'tough Croatian' Rob Ninkovich on tremendous career | Sporting News

"Rob is one of the most unselfish players I’ve ever coached," Belichick said Sunday. "Like a lot of guys, he came in here very unheralded; [Tom] Brady, Malcolm Butler, guys like that and the guy he replaced, No. 50 Mike Vrabel. [He] didn’t come in with a lot of fanfare but just came in and worked hard and became a very, very versatile player for us."
Ninkovich played every linebacker position and defensive end and was even the backup long snapper. But what Belichick loved the most out of Ninkovich, originally a fifth-round pick from Purdue by the Saints in the 2006 NFL Draft, was his toughness.
"But after New Orleans, Miami, back to New Orleans, we’re sitting there in training camp in 2009 lacking a little depth at the outside linebacker position. Nick [Caserio] said ‘There’s a guy, Rob, he should be on a roster, he should be in a camp and he’s available so let’s get him.’ Really, it’s just history after that."

Former Patriots star Rob Ninkovich gives pep talk on eve of Lowell game | Chicago Tribune

His final game was the epic 2017 Super Bowl, which the Patriots won 34-28 in overtime. New England trailed the Atlanta Falcons 28-3 in the third quarter. It’s the largest comeback in Super Bowl history.
Ninkovich said it was an “amazing game. The way the Patriots prepare and practice, there was just no panic. You could feel the momentum switch. Then it was Tom (Brady) making big play after big play. It was surreal.”
Ninkovich walked away after the win because he could still walk.
“Sometimes, I get the itch,” he said. “How many people can say that their last game was an NFL championship? The walk-off was a home run.”

Patriots.com: Photo Gallery - Best of Rob Ninkovich

Patriots.com: Video - Rob Ninkovich career highlights

Rob Ninkovich Career Highlights:

The 1972 Draft

After two super bowl championships and the birth date of Rob Ninkovich, these other Patriots February 1 events are a bit underwhelming.

February 1, 2020:
Stephon Gilmore is named 2019 NFL Defensive Player of the Year.

Stephon Gilmore becomes the first New England Patriot to win DPOY, an accolade that has been awarded at the end of every season since 1971.

Gilmore tied for the NFL lead with a career-high six interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns (Week 2 at Miami & Week 15 at Cincinnati) for a defense that finished No. 1 in the NFL in total defense (275.9 yards per game) and points allowed per game (14.1). He also tied for the NFL lead with 20 passes defensed, matching his single-season high from 2018. Gilmore joined Ty Law (27 in 1998 & 23 in 2003) as the only New England Patriots with multiple seasons of 20-plus passes defensed in franchise history. He also posted a career-high 53 tackles and recovered one fumble.

February 1, 2001:
Romeo Crennel is hired as defensive coordinator. He and Bill Belichick worked together for the Giants from 1981-90, with the Pats in '96 and with the Jets from 1997-99.

February 1, 2000:
New head coach Bill Belichick begins assembling his staff. Charlie Weis hired to be the offensive coordinator, and Eric Mangini will be a defensive assistant coach. Two other coaches are re-signed: Ivan Fears as wide receivers coach, and Jeff Davidson as assistant offensive line coach.

February 1, 1972:
Day One of the 1972 NFL Draft is held at the Essex House in New York, consisting of rounds one through seven. Buffalo selects Notre Dame defensive end Walt Patulski with the first pick.

As for what transpired with New England's draft picks, be warned - this ride has many strange twists and turns.

The Patriots had no first round draft pick thanks to trades involving a few bizarre chapters of early franchise history. In 1970 the Patriots signed QB Joe Kapp as a free agent. Free agency then was not what it is now, with the signing team having to compensate the team that lost a player. In this case the Pats sent Minnesota their 1972 first round pick (which turned out to be 10th overall), plus safety John Charles and cash. Not a good value, as Kapp lasted one 1-9 season while throwing 17 interceptions versus three touchdowns.

Similarly the Pats received compensation when due to a front office oversight DT Phil Olsen (the team's fourth overall pick from the 1970 draft) signed with the Rams. The Patriots received LA's 1972 first round pick and more - then traded that pick to the Giants for a player that refused to report to the Pats, Fred Dryer.

New England also traded away their second round pick in the trade that brought RB Duane Thomas to Foxboro for a few strange days in 1971. The Pats were finally able to draft a player near the end of the second round, WR Tom Reynolds; he lasted just one season for the Pats, with eight receptions and two touchdowns.

The Pats original third round pick was also lost in the Duane Thomas trade, but the club did have another third from Los Angeles via the Phil Olsen signing. New England used that selection on Colorado State defensive end Jim White; he too lasted only one year with the Patriots.

New England had traded their own fourth round pick the previous year to Dallas for LB Steve Kiner, and their fifth to Baltimore for PR Ron Gardin. One hit, one miss.

The Pats had also picked up another fifth from Oakland in '71, and used it on Ron Bolton; he would start at corner for the Pats through 1975.

The Patriots own sixth round pick went to the Giants as part of the Fred Dryer trade, and then they used their seventh on a tight end named Clark Hoss who was traded to Cleveland at the start of training camp. The Pats had the very next pick via a trade with the Chargers for Eddie Ray; the running back never did anything with the Patriots but he proceeded to play for six more years in the NFL. The Pats used that draft pick on RB John Tarver, who scored eight touchdowns over the next three seasons for the Patriots.

February 1, 1970:
The AFL and NFL announce a merger, forming a combined league with 26 teams. Thirteen will compete in the American Football Conference and 13 in the National Football Conference.

The Patriots would play in the AFC East, which was similar to their AFL East. The AFL's Houston Oilers would no longer be in the East, but the Patriots, Bills, Jets and Dolphins would remain in the same division. Three teams from the NFL would move to the new AFC - including the Baltimore Colts, who would also play in the AFC East.

Happy 32nd birthday to Travaris Cadet
Born Feb 1, 1989 in Miami
Patriot RB, 2015; uniform #39
Signed as a free agent on March 17, 2015

Many Pats fans had high hopes for the former New Orleans Saint from Appalachian State, but he was waived on Sept 29, 2015. Cadet played in 73 NFL games from 2013-2018, with seven touchdowns.

Happy birthday to Alvin Richardson, who would have been 86 today
Born Feb 1, 1935 in New Orleans
Patriot DE, 1960; uniform #79

A 26th round draft pick by the Eagles in 1957, the Grambling State alum played in three games with two starts for the Patriots in their inaugural 1960 season.

Other pro football players born on this date with a New England connection:

Amara Darboh, 27 (1994)
A Patriot WR for all of four days in 2018; he was a third round pick by Seattle in 2017.

Tim Mazzetti, 65 (1956)
Born and raised in Old Greenwich CT
Penn kicker played for the Falcons for three seasons. He also scored the first points in USFL history for the Boston Breakers, where he was an All-USFL kicker.

Larry Swider, 66 (1955)
Born and raised in Limestone, Maine
Punter from 1977-82 was a Broncos draft pick from Pitt.

Dave Graham, 82 (1939)
Born in Bridgeport, raised in Fairfield CT
Left tackle played in 83 games for the Eagles in the sixties. Graham later became a grade school principal and then his town's executive director of school administration in 2017.

Roger Ellis (1938-2008)
Native of Westwood, Massachusetts; University of Maine
After being drafted by the Giants in 1959 the middle linebacker would play for the Titans/Jets for four seasons in the AFL. He later became a secret service agent for Spiro Agnew.

Johnny Miller (1934-2015)
Born and raised in Lowell; Keith Academy; Boston College
OT and DT for Washington and Green Bay, 1955-60. He was an All-American and enshrined to the BC Hall of Fame and later the Hall of Fame at St. Mary’s High School in Lynn where he had coached football.

Lou Koplow (1904-1988)
Born in Malden; Boston English High School; Boston University
Had a cup of coffee as a tackle for the Providence Steam Roller in the twenties.

As wonderful as the Malcolm Butler play was, and it was AMAZING, and I was screaming for joy louder than after any other play in my LIFE,

some of the replays need to cut off sooner.

I have to hit stop on the Chris Collinsworth call, when he has nothing to say about what a great play it was and instead whines incessantly, on and on and on, about the play call, and about Lynch being unstoppable.

That awful analysis prompted every Pats hater to claim that Pete Carrol was the MVP and it was a gift. It wasn't
It was an amazing play, one that very few NFL CBs would have made. And yes, Collinsworth’s commentary was annoying as hell, because it diminished the greatness of Butler’s play. Butler did exactly what he was told to, not realizing how hard it was.

When the NFL did a video on the greatest SB plays of all time, Butler’s was #1. An analyst concluded saying “You might call it a stupid play, but 99 times out of 100, that’s a TD.”

There aren’t many plays I remember EXACTLY where I was sitting, who I was with, and how I reacted.

probably my favorite sports play of all time

Love Malcolm Butler forever because of this. Pats had the 2 Giants losses and the Kearse catch was deja vu.

Some you never forget.
- Malcolm INT.
- Ty Law INT.
- Dave Roberts stealing 2nd base , for me.

There aren’t many plays I remember EXACTLY where I was sitting, who I was with, and how I reacted.

probably my favorite sports play of all time
The great thing about that victory was that it finally shut up sports mediots and fans of other teams repeating the worn out 'can't win without cheating' and 'haven't won anything since spygate' BS.

Malcom Brown

February 2, 1972:
The Patriots select ten players on Day Two of the 1972 Draft, from legendary college football programs such as NW Oklahoma State, Angelo State, Colorado Mesa, Eastern Michigan and San Jose State. None of those ten draftees would ever play a single game in the NFL.

February 2, 1980:
The Patriots hire Fritz Shurmur to be their defensive coordinator, and Bill Parcells as linebackers coach.

February 2, 1983:
New England releases running backs Sam Cunningham and Andy Johnson, marking the end of an era.

Happy 27th birthday to Malcom Brown
Born February 2, 1994 in Brenham, Texas
Patriot DT, 2015-2018; uniform #90
Pats 1st round (32nd overall) selection of the 2015 draft, from Texas

Malcom Brown was a solid but not spectacular player for the Patriots, not quite playing up to his draft status. He played in 60 games with 51 starts with the Pats, as well as in all 11 playoff games - and earned two Super Bowl rings. Brown was typically used on first and second downs and was effective against the run. His annual percentage of playing time was 47%, 57%, 51% and 44%.

The Pats declined his fifth year option and did not appear to make an attempt to re-sign him as a free agent. As a rookie he had been signed to a four year contract worth $7.6 million, with $6.1 million guaranteed and a $3.8 million signing bonus. In 2019 the Saints signed Brown to a three year, $15 million deal; he has been their starting right defensive tackle for the last two seasons.

Malcom-Brown-Rob-Carr-2.jpg

Saints sign Malcom Brown | NBC Sports Boston

The 25-year-old didn't record a sack last season for the first time in his career but was a solid run stuffer for the Super Bowl champions.​
Brown follows defensive end Trey Flowers and cornerback Eric Rowe among the Patriots' free-agent departures on defense. New England landed Michael Bennett in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles but still has plenty more holes to fill on the defensive line entering free agency.​

Malcom Brown signs with New Orleans | boston.com

Brown had a good sense as free agency approached that there was likely to be more money available if he left New England. The Patriots drafted the 6-2, 320-pounder in the first round in 2015, but declined to pick up his fifth-year option last offseason. Brown was still a big piece of the defensive line, playing 44 percent of the defensive snaps, mostly as a space eater on first and second downs.​
Brown does have some pass-rushing ability for a big guy, with 8.5 sacks over his four seasons in the NFL, and may get better production in a different scheme.​
His departure isn’t a surprise, but leaves the Patriots with work to do on their defensive line with Danny Shelton still a free agent. Lawrence Guy and Adam Butler are the top defensive tackles currently on the roster, with Ufomba Kamalu, Frank Herron, and David Parry filling out New England’s depth.​

Patriots sign multiple free agents, lose Malcom Brown | 92.9

The 6-2, 320-pounder was a big piece of the Patriots' defensive line, playing 44 percent of the defensive snaps.​
The Patriots helped fill the void left by Brown's departure by agreeing on a two-year deal with Mike Pennel, a run-stuffing defensive tackle. The 6-foot-4, 330-pounder spent the last two seasons with the New York Jets. He made 27 tackles while starting 7 of 16 games last season.​

Happy 72nd birthday to Ray Jarvis
Born February 2, 1949 in Chesapeake, Virginia
Patriot WR, 1979; uniform #87
Signed as a free agent on April 25, 1979

Leon Raeminton Jarvis was originally a fifth round draft pick by Atlanta in 1971, from NAIA Norfolk State. His best season came in 1976 with Detroit when he had 822 yards receiving and five touchdowns, averaging 21.1 yards per catch.

Jarvis was 30 years old when the Pats signed him, and 1979 would be the final season of his nine year NFL career. He appeared in seven games for the Patriots, with one touchdown.

3229-467Fr.jpg
3229-467Bk.jpg

Happy 59th birthday to Mel Black
Born February 2, 1962 in New Haven
Patriot LB, 1986-1987; uniform #94, #51
Signed as an undrafted rookie on May 10, 1986

After graduating from West Haven High School Melvin Black headed west, going to Eastern Illinois University. He was teammates with a surprisingly high number of EIU football players that made it to the NFL, including future head coaches Sean Payton and Brad Childress.

Black did not make the Patriot roster out of training camp in 1986, but was re-signed late in the season and appeared in three games. He was waived again near the end of the 1987 camp, then re-signed to play in the three replacement player games. Black was with the Raiders the following offseason but was waived early, ending his pro football career.

Happy 47th birthday to J.R. Conrad
Born February 2, 1974 in Fairland, Oklahoma
Patriot tackle and guard, 1974 (practice squad)
Pats 7th round (247th overall) selection of the 1974 draft, from Oklahoma

A crash course at center is just weird for Jets' Conrad | New York Times

Conrad was the last player drafted by the Patriots last year. Playing tackle and guard, Conrad didn't make the team, but hung on with the practice squad.​
''I made a mistake last March,'' he admits. ''I should have come here when Coach Parcells came. Instead I went back to New England, went to camp, and then was cut just before the season.''​
By then it was too late to return to school. He needs nine credits to graduate. So he just hung out at home in Fairland, Okla. The Jets found him a job, though, and hired him for their practice squad, converting him to center.​

After football, Conrad remains involved in athletics

In 1996, Conrad was selected in the seventh round (247th overall pick) by the New England Patriots as an offensive lineman under legendary coach Bill Parcells, who won two Super Bowls as head coach of the New York Giants.​
“It was nice there, but the people were a little different,” Conrad said.
Before the 1997 season started under new coach Pete Carroll, Conrad was cut from New England, but was picked up by New York Jets under Parcells — who had just taken over as head coach.​
In Oct. 16, 1997, Conrad made his debut as a starter when he played center against the Miami Dolphins.​
“He (Parcells) was awesome,” Conrad said. “It was easy because I am a country boy. Be early, be quiet and do extra.”​
Conrad said he remains in contact with Parcells.​
Since his days at OU and the NFL, Conrad has coached at several Oklahoma high schools. In 2009, Conrad joined Dibble (and former Sooner) coach Charley North’s staff in 2009.​
Conrad later became head coach at Dibble High School in 2011 and coached there until 2014.​
Today the 6-foot-5 Conrad makes his home in the Oklahoma City area and works as a senior territory sales representative for Power-Lift, a company that manufactures athletic performance strength training equipment for athletics and sports performance facilities such as high schools, colleges, pro sports teams and athletic performance facilities.​

In addition to Mel Black there are two other pro football players with New England connections born on this date:

James Nixon, 33 (1988)
Born and raised in New Haven; Hyde Leadership High School in New Haven; Bridgton Academy in Maine
Packer CB, 2012-2013

Wayne Fontes, 81 (1940)
Born in New Bedford; Wareham High School
Wayne Fontes was a defensive back for the 1962 New York Titans. He went on to be a defensive coordinator with the Bucs (1982-84) and Lions ('85-'88). Fontes was the Detroit head coach from 1988 to 1996, going to the playoffs four times. He was also the head coach the last time the Lions won a postseason game. That happened on January 5, 1992 when the Lions defeated Dallas 38-6 in a divisional round game - beating a Cowboys team that was coached by Jimmy Johnson and included Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin. Among those on Fontes' staff were former Patriot coaches Raymond Berry (quarterbacks coach) and Hank Bullough (defensive coordinator).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST