PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts While Dining on Crow, 1st Quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain stone

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Yummy.

I love to eat crow, because that means that the pats are winning. Late-season crow is especialy tasty.

This is the first time since Saturday night that I've had a chance to pound the keyboard. Here are some observations I made during the broadcast, and while re-watching the game on videotape:

1st Quarter

- 1st drive; bad playcall on 3rd/3, bad throw to a double-covered Watson. This was 4-down territory; I would have called for a run, then another if neccessary.

- Cinci drive; terrible angle by Poteat on a TJ catch. Just rust, I hope.

- Dirty block by Cinci C v. Bruschi, on very next play. Tedy was pi$$ed, and I don't blame him. Just another example of the zebras more concerned over the "stars" than the real football players.

- Nice blitz by Poteat to force an incompletion. Too bad he didn't follow through and send Palmer to the ground, though a late hit flag may have been thrown. Poor, defenseless qb, you know.

- Nice catch by TBC on the kickoff. If he could only catch the qb as well as he catches the football.

- Nice slant route by Faulk; almost another fumble, though. I love the slant passes; I wish they were used more often. Faulk scares me in the middle of the field.

- Bad pass by TB to a wide-open Gabriel. The INT was definitely the qb's fault. Overall, not an all-pro 1st quarter by Our Tom.

2nd Quarter thoughts in my next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft