Steelers fans bash Patriots SB celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Funny how since their lame owner decided against a banner celebration what the Patriots did was considered Wal Mart like.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6247

"I'm not saying they can't do something and have some fun with it for the fans, I just don't want to see a repeat of the chessy uber-glorified Wal-Mart opening the Pats pulled last year."

Since when is U2 lame?

Ozzy would not know where Pittsburgh is. Same ass arrigant fans and Owner. No class just jealous of or 3 TV celebrations over the past years. Hope they enjoy the night it will be the last one for another 25 years.

thanks for the link. It would appear that many Steeler fans are indeed dissapointed.
Plus, does'nt the league dictate how much hoopla is going to be present on opening night? They will most likely get a concert wether they like it or not.

MrTibbs said:
Since when is U2 lame?

U2 performed at haltime of the super bowl in 2001, I don't recall them performing at our banner unveiling. Ozzy did though and I'll admit, I was embarrased for him. We could have done alot better.

MrTibbs said:
Funny how since their lame owner decided against a banner celebration what the Patriots did was considered Wal Mart like.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=6247

"I'm not saying they can't do something and have some fun with it for the fans, I just don't want to see a repeat of the chessy uber-glorified Wal-Mart opening the Pats pulled last year."

Since when is U2 lame?

IMO They are just trying to make themselves feel better about not getting a banner celebration, plus didn't the Bronc's jilt them for their opening game? Not a lot of love going down in Steel town. :snob:

they may say they dont do it because humility... some others may say its because they're CHEAP...

that depends on the eye of the beholder.

Cheap bastards... ;)

The thing is, I think U2 and a lot of the entertainment around Gillette opening night was out of the Pats control anway. The NFL has been trying to make the Thursday opener an event the past few years. I think Steelers fans are going to be surprised by the kind of carnival-like atmosphere there will be at Heinz Field their opening night.

maxhagen said:
they may say they dont do it because humility... some others may say its because they're CHEAP...

that depends on the eye of the beholder.

Cheap bastards... ;)

This from an organization that bashed a rival ("who dey" rip on the Bengals)
at a victory parade?????? I think they forfeited the right to dis anybody for being WalMArt-like.....

PatsAddict said:
The thing is, I think U2 and a lot of the entertainment around Gillette opening night was out of the Pats control anway. The NFL has been trying to make the Thursday opener an event the past few years. I think Steelers fans are going to be surprised by the kind of carnival-like atmosphere there will be at Heinz Field their opening night.
Would I be wrong in saying...

Bingo!
If i'm wrong, and the league does not arrange these things, let me know.

Steeler's shouldn't have a banner celeration
... considering how they won their SB. :)

MrTibbs said:

Since when is U2 lame?

It's pathetic how most of the fans are defending the move as "classy" and "humble" when you know that they are just dying for a chance to see a banner revealed on national television.

I actually respect the fans that admit they are disappointed and that there is nothing wrong with what NE did.

well

huskeralk said:
U2 performed at haltime of the super bowl in 2001, I don't recall them performing at our banner unveiling. Ozzy did though and I'll admit, I was embarrased for him. We could have done alot better.

I disagree, I thought it was great having Ozzy doing "crazy train"! I mean, the pats come out to that song every week ( i am pretty sure), so it was unique keeping that, and doing it live!

huskeralk said:

Oh ok I stand corrected then.

PatsAddict said:

If the Steelers lose it would be so sweet, LMAO. Culpepper won't be ready so I don't see it happening unfortunately.

Damn, you fellas do like to go fishing. I've never even heard of that messageboard.
But anways, to address the point. Steelers are old-fashioned. I'm sure Rooney and Cowher considered it to be at be at best superfluous, at worst an added distraction for their team and possibly disrepectful to Miami. Not saying I see it that way but that's how I believe the Steelers brass see it. Cowher has reiterated over and over thatthis is a new season, they aren't thinking about trying to repeat, or how they are going to be approached with a 'target' on their back.
Ronney knows the banenr thing would be for the fans but that didn't bother him. Hell, the Steelers don't have cheerleaders either and I'm sure most fans would like a little eye candy.
Let the jackasses on messageboards (including yours truly) say what they want but if you guys think this was a dig at what other teams have done in the past, you're delusional.
With that said, I am going to cherrypick some threads on this board and post them on the Steelers board I frequent so we can all mock your stupidity without incurring a rebuttal.
What's even funnier about this is that most of the reponses to the subject over there said they either wished there was a ceremony or that they didn't mind there not being one. There was one, and only one reference to the Pats.
Damn this disrespect thing must be in the tap water up there.

Last edited:
mtbykr said:
I disagree, I thought it was great having Ozzy doing "crazy train"! I mean, the pats come out to that song every week ( i am pretty sure), so it was unique keeping that, and doing it live!

If it was Ozzy from 20 years ago it would have been great. The man barely even remembers the words anymore.

mtbykr said:

I agree. My only wish is that we could have gotten Black Sabath together to do it with him.

Didn't only ~250,000 fans show up for the Steelers' SB40 parade? Crap, even Arizona could muster a better turnout than that. Methinks Steelers fans should keep their judgemental mouths shut.

Regards,
Chris

PatsAddict said:

Bingo... that's why any spin by Steelers fans based on the concert stuff is offbase & well... kind of lame.

ClosingTime said:
Damn, you fellas do like to go fishing. I've never even heard of that messageboard.

So you have never heard of that message board? Do you know every single Steelers message board around? Does the fact that you don't know of it take away from the authenticity of the message posted there?

ClosingTime said:
But anways, to address the point. Steelers are old-fashioned. I'm sure Rooney and Cowher considered it to be at be at best superfluous, at worst an added distraction for their team and possibly disrepectful to Miami. Not saying I see it that way but that's how I believe the Steelers brass see it. Cowher has reiterated over and over that this is a new season, they aren't thinking about trying to repeat, or how they are going to be approached with a 'target' on their back.
Ronney knows the banenr thing would be for the fans but that didn't bother him. Hell, the Steelers don't have cheerleaders either and I'm sure most fans would like a little eye candy.
Let the jackasses on messageboards (including yours truly) say what they want but if you guys think this was a dig at what other teams have done in the past, you're delusional.
With that said, I am going to cherrypick some threads on this board and post them on the Steelers board I frequent so we can all mock your stupidity without incurring a rebuttal.
What's even funnier about this is that most of the reponses to the subject over there said they either wished there was a ceremony or that they didn't mind there not being one. There was one, and only one reference to the Pats.
Damn this disrespect thing must be in the tap water up there.

Cry me a river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back