PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Springboks V British and Irish Lions

Ciara's Dad

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
First Test. King's Park, Durban, South Africa

BBC SPORT | Rugby Union | Lions fired up for huge challenge

Every 4 years, a combination of the best rugby players from Scotland, England, Ireland and Wales, get together and try to beat one of the Southern Hemisphere teams. This time it is South Africa who welcome their Northern Hemisphere opponents for 3 test matches.
It is right up there with the best of sporting occasions, Superbowl, World Cup Final, etc.
The Lions have already won their 6 warm up games against provincial S.A teams, a couple of them going close. Tomorrow is a whole different ball game.
I'm sorry to say that there is not one Scottish player good enough to be in the team. :mad: Although, the coach is one. :D
The atmosphere should be electric in King's Park tomorrow. It is not very often the Afrikaners will be outsung on their own ground. There are tens of thousands of Lions supporters travelling down for these games. Fanatastic stuff!!

It is not very often you'll get a mixture of Scots, English, Welsh and Irish in pubs up and down the country all supporting the same team, and no punch ups between them!!

Springboks 26-21 Lions

BBC SPORT | Rugby Union | South Africa 26-21 Lions

What a terrific match and a wonderful occasion! :D
The sun shone on a great rugby stadium and the colours and costumes worn by the fans added to the spectacle. There were 2 Lions fans dressed as Michael Caine in the film Zulu. :eek: I'm not sure what the Afrikaners thought of it!
At one time I thought the Boks were going to score at will, but give them their due, the Lions fought back in the last 20mins, and were very unlucky not to win it.
On to Pretoria for next week's encounter. Hopefully the Lions will not give away too many penalties this time, and also take their chances when they come.

Sat 27th June, Pretoria, South Africa

BBC SPORT | Rugby Union | South Africa 28-25 Lions

Springboks 28-25 Lions
What a fantastic game! An absolute emotional rollercoaster.
Unfortunately, the Boks win the game with the last kick of ball. :(
The Lion's Ronan O'Gara makes a monumental error in giving away a stupid penalty in the final minute of the game, and from 53metres, Morne Steyn slots it over. What a kick!
SA now 2-0 in the 3 game Test series and now the Lions have only pride to play for in the remaining game.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back