PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schedule for next weeks game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldogg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
NFL.com has the schedule posted for the games next week.

If Pitt wins, we play Sat night in Denver, if the Bengals win, we play Sunday 1 PM in Indy. I am shocked, I thought for sure indy would be the sat night game, seeing how the media would be drooling for a potential Manning vs Brady battle.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules#post

I guess the thought is - Indy is one of the smallest markets in the NFL, whereas the Broncos are the more storied franchise with the larger fan base. They're also probably betting on a Pitt win, which sets up a ratings winner, Pats-Broncos.

Belichick knew this last night when he suggested they'd do more prep work for Denver last night/this morning, as that game would be earlier. Then he was careful to say he didn't know the schedule ;)

"Do you also have eight hours where you work on both teams?
"We will break it up somehow, yes, that is right. We will break it up. We will somehow cross over. I mean the sense of it is if we go to Denver, that might be the earlier game; so if that is the case, then we might, I am going to get on that one Saturday. If it's a Saturday game. I don't have any facts on that. That is just a wild guess."

The reason Indy plays Sunday is simple. CBS is locked into Sat night 8PM and Sunday afternoon 1PM for their two games. if Indy played Saturday night, then Denver would have to play at 11AM local time, which is too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST