PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quinton Porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This kid is a BC QB who comes from Maine. I remember seeing him play HS football in a few games.

He went to BC and had his chance this season. He got hurt and Ryan took the job. They thought that he had a high ankle sprain. When he came back, he wasn't the same. They then discovered that he had ligiment damage. He's noe OK and working out in FLA.

He's big, smart (MBA from BC), fairly mobile and has a good arm. I don't know if he has "it".

He could be a guy for the Patriots might want to look at with a 6th, 7th or UDFA.

What do you BC guys have to say about him?

PATSNUTme said:
This kid is a BC QB who comes from Maine. I remember seeing him play HS football in a few games.

He went to BC and had his chance this season. He got hurt and Ryan took the job. They thought that he had a high ankle sprain. When he came back, he wasn't the same. They then discovered that he had ligiment damage. He's noe OK and working out in FLA.

He's big, smart (MBA from BC), fairly mobile and has a good arm. I don't know if he has "it".

He could be a guy for the Patriots might want to look at with a 6th, 7th or UDFA.

i cant really see him actually getting drafted....i dont even know if he'll get picked up as a free agent. even when he was healthy, he wasnt that great

I'm a BC guy, and I'd be floored if anyone drafted Porter. He just isn't very good. Matt Ryan looked better than him, and Ryan's not even much of a QB. It's pretty sad that a program as good as BC's can't find a half decent QB.

I saw Porter play enough to know he's not that good. he lost his job to two different qb's in 2 years.

primetime said:
I'm a BC guy, and I'd be floored if anyone drafted Porter. He just isn't very good. Matt Ryan looked better than him, and Ryan's not even much of a QB. It's pretty sad that a program as good as BC's can't find a half decent QB.

I think matt ryan is pretty good, i think next season he will seriously break out, but at WR they dont have a lot of great options as their starters will be leaving...

….But anyways….Porter was good at the end of 2004, but got hurt in the 'Cuse game i want to say...i think if you are a team short two or three QBs he could be a solid TC guy...

Porter is not good. He has the size and a decent (but not great) arm. But he just never performed well. Remember, he got beaten out 3 years ago by Paul Peterson late in the 2003 season when he was a starter. Then they redshirted Porter last year because they knew Peterson was better. This year he was basically handed the job and, yes he got hurt, but wasn't that great prior to that and Ryan was simply better. It was obvious. I mean the team just started performing better. Ryan actually made reads.

Porter is camp fodder. He may kick around a few years in NFL Europe or the Arena League or something and he'll probably get a shot in an NFL camp this year, but I can't see him actually ever playing in the NFL unless he improves by leaps and bounds somehow. He won't be drafted.

J D Sal

PATSNUTme said:

Porter is not an NFL quarterback, he was barely a D1 quarterback. I'll never forget his pathetic effort vs. UNC and Wake Forest last year. Go BC, but no thanks.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Eagles| Team held private workout Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:53:35 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the Philadelphia Eagles held a private, pre-draft workout with Boston College QB Quinton Porter. His agent is Kristen Kuliga, who also represents free agent QB Doug Flutie (Patriots).

Browns | Team showing interest in Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:52:11 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the Cleveland Browns are interested in Boston College QB Quinton Porter, sending a letter expressing that to his Portland, Maine, address not long ago.

Giants | Team showing interest in Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:51:47 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the New York Giants contacted Boston College QB Quinton Porter about a potential free agent contract, if he goes undrafted in next week's NFL Draft.

pats1 said:
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Eagles| Team held private workout Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:53:35 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the Philadelphia Eagles held a private, pre-draft workout with Boston College QB Quinton Porter. His agent is Kristen Kuliga, who also represents free agent QB Doug Flutie (Patriots).

Browns | Team showing interest in Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:52:11 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the Cleveland Browns are interested in Boston College QB Quinton Porter, sending a letter expressing that to his Portland, Maine, address not long ago.

Giants | Team showing interest in Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:51:47 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the New York Giants contacted Boston College QB Quinton Porter about a potential free agent contract, if he goes undrafted in next week's NFL Draft.

Good for Quinton. I hope someone gives him a chance. Maybe he'll be a better pro than college QB a la Matt Hasselbeck.

Pats1 made a nice find of those obscure reports.

In camp we'll want at least 4 QBs. The 3rd should be the REAL 3rd-QB-designate.
I read Quinton Porter the same way as y'all ... but he would serve fine as the 4th (or 5th) arm.

flutie2phelan said:
Pats1 made a nice find of those obscure reports.

In camp we'll want at least 4 QBs. The 3rd should be the REAL 3rd-QB-designate.
I read Quinton Porter the same way as y'all ... but he would serve fine as the 4th (or 5th) arm.

As would any scrub D1 QB who doesn't get drafted. Heck, they brought in a guy from RPI last year, which is a D3 school. Porter's fine as a warm body but if his future is in football (which I doubt), it's in the Arena league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back