PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential new trick play for BB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now I can't find a reason why the Pats won't score six every offensive possession.

"Wrong ball"? Unless someone gave them a basketball under center then WTF?

Hilarious nonetheless.

I think that would go under unsportsmanship.

15 yard penalty. :p

The Pats could never run this. Even with a 10 yard head start Brady would easily get caught from behind.

i remember in 7th or 8th grade we ran something a little similar

the QB is under center..he gets up and seems like he is complaining to coach saying we have the wrong people and the center snaps to the RB and RB runs it.

caught them off guard the 1 time we ran it :)

i remember in 7th or 8th grade we ran something a little similar

the QB is under center..he gets up and seems like he is complaining to coach saying we have the wrong people and the center snaps to the RB and RB runs it.

caught them off guard the 1 time we ran it :)

The Colts tried to pull that one on us during the 20-3 playoff game, but they did something wrong and a penalty was called.

Last edited:
The Pats could never run this. Even with a 10 yard head start Brady would easily get caught from behind.
OK, so make it a direct snap to Kevin. :bricks:

The Colts tried to pull that one on us during the 20-3 playoff game, but they did something wrong and a penalty was called.
I believe it was because Manning briefly went under center, so that when he started walking away from center, it was consdiered motion.

What about the O-Line? They set themselves and then get up. That should be some sort of illegal motion.

Very unsportsmanlike for little kids.

And the moms screaming their approval in the background are pathetic.

I wonder what the kid's mom would have felt like if a defender had come down the line and plastered her unsuspecting son from behind as he was trotting toward the sideline.

I believe it was because Manning briefly went under center, so that when he started walking away from center, it was consdiered motion.

The explanation was that once the QB goes under center, he must receive the snap. Since he didn't receive the snap, it was a 5 yard penalty for illegal procedure.

Last edited:
saw this on fark yesterday.

it is illegal. there's a rule which covers tricking the other team into thinking a snap will not occur or something like that. there's also a rule which gives referees the power to say "not in my game" about just about anything.

it's really sad because it's simply an adult outsmarting children. it's also bad sportsmanship and isn't any fun for the kids who are victimized. this is part of the reason why i'm going to have to fight with my wife to let my kids play organized sports (a fight I will not lose).

what's even more sad is that the only way to defend against this is to hit any kid with the ball during a moment of confusion. that's what we want to teach our kids.

The explanation was that once the QB goes under center, he must receive the snap. Since he didn't receive the snap, it was a 5 yard penalty for illegal procedure.

This is NOT it.

Peyton had to come to a full stop prior to the snap. He was called for illegal motion because he was still moving when the ball was snapped to Edge.

OK, so make it a direct snap to Kevin. :bricks:

Probably the most reliable trick lay in football.

Remember the Faulk pass to Brady? I hope they buried that deep in the earth's crust.

All time favorite? Vinatieri to the almost off the field Troy.

Hated all the whiners on that one. That's a free touchdown in a competitive game!!! Up yours!!

I get that it's unethical etc, and that maybe rules were broken blah blah

But for all that it was pretty funny.

Remember the Faulk pass to Brady? I hope they buried that deep in the earth's crust.

Why? That play was awesome. I wish it hadn't been called back. Then Tom could say he has a receiving touchdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes