PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots' preseason opponents announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEM's gonna be pissed that the Cardinal game is in New England. I would be upset about the risk of injury in the turf game @ Atlanta but with so many of our injuries coming on Pittsburgh's grass recently, it probably makes little difference.

Good we get to stuff Edgrin again like always. And Mr. Patton returns home should be good.

C.Fauria back to Foxboro

Fantastic. I'll be glad to see my boys again down here at the Dome.

Why would Arizona travel across the country for a preseason game? That is bizarre.

AndyJohnson said:
Why would Arizona travel across the country for a preseason game? That is bizarre.

So they can get used to traveling across the country for regular season games?

Not exactly teams I'm dying to see, but it should be intersting facing Manning, part deux.

Based on the past, Edge might not even play. Doesn't he usually play like one half the entire preseason?

Redskins? Meh, I don't mind them.

Atlanta? Boring. At least Vick may still be walking by the time we play them.

JJDChE said:
Not exactly teams I'm dying to see
Two of the games are on Nationally (one of those on NFLN) - that's all I care about :)

nescott said:
Good we get to stuff Edgrin again like always. And Mr. Patton returns home should be good.
Isn't there a chance that Patten gets cut after June 1st? If so, he could be back in a Pats uniform. I doubt they'd cut him after one year but this is the Skins we're talking about, even if they have Gibbs as HC. What's his cap number anyway?

Is the Card's new stadium going to be ready by the preseason games?

As a STH, I'm glad we finally get the two middle games. It'll be nice to finally see the starters for more than a series!

When was the last time the Pats were not home for the 1st and last games?

nescott said:
Patten will be in Silver and Blue for this game.

BelichickFan said:
Two of the games are on Nationally (one of those on NFLN) - that's all I care about :)

So, you get good weather AND Pat's games? This isn't fair.

borisman said:
Isn't there a chance that Patten gets cut after June 1st? If so, he could be back in a Pats uniform. I doubt they'd cut him after one year but this is the Skins we're talking about, even if they have Gibbs as HC. What's his cap number anyway?

I'm not sure Patten is a possible cap casualty. After the Randle-El signing it's pretty obvious that they don't see Patten their #2, plus with Cooley coming on last year Patten will be relegated to the #4 option, at best. He would be a solid #3 WR though and they aren't on the hook for too much for him.

He had a 3.5MM signing bonus on a 5-yr contract and his salary is 1.08MM this year, so his cap hit is probably around 1.9MM. I believe he also has a 1MM roster bonus due at some point, if that occurs this year it would up his cap number, but still not overly expensive.

EDIT: Ooops, I just realized the Skins signed Brandon Lloyd as well. Maybe they don't see Patten in their plans, but it woud still cost more to cut him than keep him so I don't know.

Last edited:
What happened to St Louis????? INteresting schedule..I LIKE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back