PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots one of 5 Teams on Moulds' wish list

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
From todays Philadelphia Daily News

According to a source from one of the five teams on Moulds' wish list, which also includes New Eng-land, Seattle, Kansas City and Denver, the wide receiver is looking for a contract similar to the one Isaac Bruce signed with the St. Louis Rams 2 weeks ago.

Personally, I would rather the Pats go after Javon Walker hard.

If we get Moulds we tell the whole kicker-obsessed football world to STFU.

According to NFLfans.com this morning, Moulds first choice is the Eagles. He wants $5mil a year. Buffalo is holdng firm, for now, that it will take a 2nd round choice in thin years draft.

I don't think we are going to give that much for him. Neither are the Eagles from wha was said in that article.

PATSNUTme said:
According to NFLfans.com this morning, Moulds first choice is the Eagles. He wants $5mil a year. Buffalo is holdng firm, for now, that it will take a 2nd round choice in thin years draft.

I don't think we are going to give that much for him. Neither are the Eagles from wha was said in that article.
Actually according to PFTalk...it's more Houston right now..and they are talking about a 4th rounder..FAR from a 2nd.

Pats726 said:
Actually according to PFTalk...it's more Houston right now..and they are talking about a 4th rounder..FAR from a 2nd.

Well, theres probably 2 more atricles out there giving different teams, different draft choices, and different $ that he wants.

Such is the off-season rumor mills.

PATSNUTme said:
Well, theres probably 2 more atricles out there giving different teams, different draft choices, and different $ that he wants.

Such is the off-season rumor mills.
I am sure there are....I wonder what else is circulating??

It would be insane to give a 2nd rounder for Moulds. Sure, he's a good receiver - but his career is almost over.

big mike said:
It would be insane to give a 2nd rounder for Moulds. Sure, he's a good receiver - but his career is almost over.

And there's no way we're signing him a multi-year deal at 5 mil annually. Zero chance.

If they are going to pay a WR 5 million let it be Walker with incentives protecting the team in case his injury lingers.

KFFL reports that Moulds is looking for Issac Bruce money. I don't recall the exact figures of Bruce's contract, but I think he's making in the $3 million range.

stinkypete said:
KFFL reports that Moulds is looking for Issac Bruce money. I don't recall the exact figures of Bruce's contract, but I think he's making in the $3 million range.

It was reported that Bruce got a 3 million, $15 million deal. According to the NFLPA.org site. Bruce's salaries are 5M in 2006;2.5M in 2007;3M in 2008.

If $3 mil a year is what he wants, the Pats would be crazy not to pony that up. I hope they get in a position to do it.

It was reported that Bruce got a 3 million, $15 million deal.

Ah. That makes more sense than $3 mil a season. Can't see them paying that much considering Branch is waiting in the wings.

We reportedly offered Mason 4/$20M (same deal he took with the Ravens) last year. But he was 2 years younger than Moulds at the time.

Of course we had more options, on and off the roster, last year. One of the problems with playing value hardball with everyone else is sometimes you are left with the choice of overpaying the last man standing, or making due without. We saw what can happen with that strategy last season as we came up short even with both Branch and Givens on the roster. We ended up auditioning career rehabs and other than Dwight in the return game nothing really panned out.

It's shaping up that we'll be waiting on the June 1 cap cut market for WR - but the problem there is we won't be alone.

There is absolutely NO CHANCE the Patriots are going to get Moulds. NONE. And I've been on the bandwagon for him for awhile. But now that there are so many suitors, why on EARTH would Buffalo trade him inside the division? They wouldn't, and they won't. At most they would take less from a Philly or a Houston, and charge us more in compensation. Forget it. The only way we were going to get him was if he got released. That's a no-go now. Focus elsewhere.

patsox23 said:
There is absolutely NO CHANCE the Patriots are going to get Moulds. NONE. And I've been on the bandwagon for him for awhile. But now that there are so many suitors, why on EARTH would Buffalo trade him inside the division? They wouldn't, and they won't. At most they would take less from a Philly or a Houston, and charge us more in compensation. Forget it. The only way we were going to get him was if he got released. That's a no-go now. Focus elsewhere.

If the Pats are willing to pay more than the others the Bills will have no choice in the matter. You have to take Moulds' contract into account. Essentially, he has veto power over any trade because he could simply refuse to renegotiate. If Moulds believes the Patriots will pay him more than other teams (wink wink) then the Bills won't have a choice to send him elsewhere. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:
even though I like him, and we do have a need at the reciever position.. Just dont want him... ,trade for Walker...

upstater1 said:
If the Pats are willing to pay more than the others the Bills will have no choice in the matter. You have to take Moulds' contract into account. Essentially, he has veto power over any trade because he could simply refuse to renegotiate. If Moulds believes the Patriots will pay him more than other teams (wink wink) then the Bills won't have a choice to send him elsewhere. It's as simple as that.
Yeah, Buffalo has zero power in this. None.

He'd be a great pick-up, and the pats have plenty of cap room.

A 3rd or 4th for him might work. Pats need receivers and he has tons of experience and ability. Without a good vet (and he's been great) it's Branch, Johnson, Troy Brown, and Bam Childress. Which equals one good player, though small and somewhat fragile, one poor player with seeming potential, one slow and aged vet, and one promising practice squad player.

I don't think you can count on rookies coming in right away. They need a good vet.

Bills want a 4th for him. Fortunatley, we have two 4th rounders. Unfortunatley, Bills hate us and would likel trade him elsewhere with a very similar offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes