PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Were you part of history Monday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
More people watched Monday's Cowboys-Giants game than any television show in the history of cable TV. Terrell Owens is being credited as being the big draw, since the Cowboys have become the biggest ratings mover of any team in the league.

Yup I was part of it. But I didn't watch because of TO. I watched because I thought it would be a good game and because I watch every Monday night game.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
More people watched Monday's Cowboys-Giants game than any television show in the history of cable TV. Terrell Owens is being credited as being the big draw, since the Cowboys have become the biggest ratings mover of any team in the league.
Oh no, TO will be even more obnoxious/sickening. Good source on that?

My guess the ratings were so high was because a lot of "non-football" fans watched. Kind of like when "fans" go to a Superbowl. As a side note, I figured TO would be on his best behavior in his first year, and implode later. He's ticking and may have a rookie throwing to him, or in his direction.....tick...tick...tick.............

I didn't watch because of TO. That's for sure.
Fatcells should have benched TO instead of Drew.
Did you see that WIDE OPEN 4th down drop? There was nobody within 10 feet of TO. Losing that drive killed any chance of a Cowboys momentum swing or comeback! All he had to do was hold on to the damn ball and it was a 1st down and who knows what would have happened then.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Good source on that?

Dave Meltzer who's the editor of a Mixed Martial Arts/Wrestling newsletter. Been covering sports on cable TV since it began. Used to work for the Sac Bee before he went into business himself in the early 80's. If I had to guess, he talked to higher ups at ESPN and the folks at Nielsen who conduct surveys.

MNF will always have its core audience. Adding a compelling drama like TO will attract the non-fan like a poster said above me. It also helps to have 2 major TV markets going head to head.

Last edited:
I was watching.... but I was there to see Romo, not T.O.

:D

I think Bledsoe is the draw.

VJCPatriot said:
Fatcells should have benched TO instead of Drew.
Did you see that WIDE OPEN 4th down drop? There was nobody within 10 feet of TO. Losing that drive killed any chance of a Cowboys momentum swing or comeback! All he had to do was hold on to the damn ball and it was a 1st down and who knows what would have happened then.

THEN ... just moments later,
there was Owens,
laughing and smirking
on the sideline.

What a teammate!

Well, at least Owens contributed to SOMETHING Monday night. He sure didn't contribute to a win.

I watched it (but it wasn't for TO)

I thought everyone watched so they could come here and see what NEM thought of the OC's for the Cowboys and Giants... :rofl:

Just teasing you NEMMY!!!! :rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back