PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Anyone see the new Cardinals Stadium on Discovery Channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTPatsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
They did a feature on their Extreme Engineering show. If you're into architecture you should check it out, whether you actually like the actual design or not. It is pretty impressive. Retractable roof and a retractable field which slides out of the stadium on a system of rails. Really is an impressive project. Don't know any of the financial details but I'm sure the numbers have to be crazy. I wonder if it's publically financed.

Just a note, seats similar to my S137/R13 ones ($89 per game) go for $55 per game. Only problem is that you're stuck watching the Cards.

view4_dayaerial.jpg

Seymour93 said:
http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/ArizonaCardinals/newindex.htm

I'm not a fan of the retractable-roof stadium, however this one looks great.

Me neither. I love going to games in the "elements" and I think that teams should use their particular regional weather to their advantage. But I suppose trying to get fans to watch a Cards game is hard enough, getting them to tolerate the desert heat & sun and come to a Cards game is near impossible.

Gotta say I'm somewhat surprised at the $370.6 million price tag. Seems low to me. But I suppose when you have a migrant workforce that close by it cuts your costs considerably.

Last edited:
Is it true that they have made a special luxury suite for the NEMster? I hear that Cardinals' fans love him!

CTPatsFan said:
Me neither. I love going to games in the "elements" and I think that teams should use their particular regional weather to their advantage.

Same here. It looks like we're in the minority though. Now they even wanna f--- up Arrowhead! :barf:

Last edited:
Interesting. They have seats in only one end zone. And the upper-deck corners go for only $10/game for season tickets!

That's interesting, why would one need to move the entire football field out into the parking lot? :confused:

Wow $75.00 seats in the 100 section at the 50 yard line.

Instead of making it so they can pull the field out of the stadium they should have put the whole field sans the end zones on a conveyor belt. This way whenever the visitors get into scoring position they could just 'roll' them back to their own 20. They could do the opposite on the rare occaisions when that high-powered Card offense breaks down.

It would be parity taken to the next level.

huskeralk said:
That's interesting, why would one need to move the entire football field out into the parking lot? :confused:

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm guessing to hold conventions?

Or to promote the growth of natural turf, if that is what they plan to use. Easier to get sunlight to it, etc.

huskeralk said:

There are actually at least 2 good reasons.

1) To be able to hold events such as concerts, and conventions at the stadium without having the grass torn to shreds by all the equipment.

2) They can close the roof and protect the seating from the rain, but move the field outside so that it gets all the water it needs.

I'm sure that there are other reasons as well.

DaBruinz said:
There are actually at least 2 good reasons.

1) To be able to hold events such as concerts, and conventions at the stadium without having the grass torn to shreds by all the equipment.

2) They can close the roof and protect the seating from the rain, but move the field outside so that it gets all the water it needs.

I'm sure that there are other reasons as well.

Those both make alot of sense actually but me being the idiot I am I associated a domed stadium with astroturf.

Future NCAA Final Fours will have to play there. It would be a bit difficult to dribble a bball on the turf. Unless you were at Veterans Stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents