PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Europe - anybody following?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Been away from the board a bit lately so appologies if this has already been discussed. Who did the Pats send to Europe this year? Any reports or players sending diaries like before? Seems very quiet on that front this year.

Been away from the board a bit lately so appologies if this has already been discussed. Who did the Pats send to Europe this year? Any reports or players sending diaries like before? Seems very quiet on that front this year.

Just enough to know that it's now called "NFL Europa". That's about it from me.

I know we sent two punters, Baugher and Malone. From what I've heard Malone is doing very well and Baugher is not.

I just can't get into this. 99.9% of the players will not make an NFL roster. I remember Kitna looking very good over there. That's about it. Everyone else is marginal talent. Kaufman and Ken Simonton looked pretty good, too. Nobody wants a 4' 11" 130lb runningback, though.

After realizing that the BEST players over there aren't good enough over here, I lost interest.

They also sent OL...Brian Bartholmes.... Haven't at all followed..I kow if the Pats had MORE players I would..but?? not the vase..PLUS the draft is more important...Malone and Baugher are both doing about the same..although Baugher had a punt blocked...and JT O'Sullivan QB from PSqd last year is doing quite good...as it Casey Bramlet another UFA from last year's Pats TC

Last edited:
Teams used to send their practice players. Now they send players
they sign off the street to go.

Barthelmes played well in week one. Though his team lost, he did a fine Dan Koppen imitation.

Tom Malone had a nice average on his punts, but he was critiqued during the game by the former coach doing color because he has trouble with his drops and demonstrated that on one punt. I thought he overkicked his coverage on his long boot out of the end zone, though that may have been a called play to get the ball as deep as possible. He's kicked a couple this week as I watch the recording I made of the game, he's got a nice leg and didn't outkick his gunners this time, but the coverage unit is rough as you'd expect.

For week one with Baugher, I managed to confuse which team he kicked for and had deleted that game before going back to watch him. Reiss reported a pedestrian average, but I don't think the article noted any situational qualifiers. I haven't watched his game yet this week.

Former Pat Rich Musinski muffed a punt, but was the go to guy for his team in crunch time. As I write this and monitor the Berlin/Hamburg game, the Berlin QB killed a 2 minute drill by putting the ball too high for Rich, leading to a tip drill interception.

P.K. Sam did a nice job blocking last week, but he didn't impress me otherwise.

Scott MacReady was NFL Europa non-American player of the week in week one - I don't have his title right, but he's a fixture in the European games since his education as a Pat.

Decori Birmingham was so-so. There are a few others but I don't remember who, I'll see if watching the games this week refreshes my memory.

Barthelmes played well in week one. Though his team lost, he did a fine Dan Koppen imitation.

Tom Malone had a nice average on his punts, but he was critiqued during the game by the former coach doing color because he has trouble with his drops and demonstrated that on one punt. I thought he overkicked his coverage on his long boot out of the end zone, though that may have been a called play to get the ball as deep as possible. He's kicked a couple this week as I watch the recording I made of the game, he's got a nice leg and didn't outkick his gunners this time, but the coverage unit is rough as you'd expect.

For week one with Baugher, I managed to confuse which team he kicked for and had deleted that game before going back to watch him. Reiss reported a pedestrian average, but I don't think the article noted any situational qualifiers. I haven't watched his game yet this week.

Former Pat Rich Musinski muffed a punt, but was the go to guy for his team in crunch time. As I write this and monitor the Berlin/Hamburg game, the Berlin QB killed a 2 minute drill by putting the ball too high for Rich, leading to a tip drill interception.

P.K. Sam did a nice job blocking last week, but he didn't impress me otherwise.

Scott MacReady was NFL Europa non-American player of the week in week one - I don't have his title right, but he's a fixture in the European games since his education as a Pat.

Decori Birmingham was so-so. There are a few others but I don't remember who, I'll see if watching the games this week refreshes my memory.
didnt PK have a nice day? 3 catches 81 yards or something?

didnt PK have a nice day? 3 catches 81 yards or something?
Numbers. Watching him on the field he looks stiff and slow, and I was also left wondering about his mental make-up while watching him in week one. We'll see if week two changes my perceptions.

Tom Malone had one other punt in the second half of week two, he appeared to be going for hang time and got lucky when the PR hesitated and let the ball bounce, Malone's gunners were taken out by the blockers so the ball bouncing away down the field gave him almost 20 more yards. Musinski is definitely a Pats' possession alumnus, they are using him to block Defensive Ends in the run game, cut blocks, but he took them out of the play very nicely. He also scored Berlin's only TD on 3rd and goal with a nice grab in traffic, breaking tackles to power into the end zone.

Baugher had a couple good looking punts in week two, though he looks slow in his run up, which may explain the blocked kick the announcers reported from last week.

Barthelmes got called for two holding penalties, but the flags were flying liberally this week. Richie (spelling) who was doing the color talked about how much the OC (a former OL himself) liked Barthelmes, telling a story about Barthelmes making up line calls to make adjustments on blocking assignments before the coach had even implemented the calls.

I watched a bit just outta sheer boredom (and it didnt help the cause), but one thing that stood out is that the uniforms dont have the allocated team logos anymore.

Did I just miss it, or are the unis now absent the allocating team logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes