PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Major Mismath- Colts guaranteed to wear down by 2nd half

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Check out the size of the Colts front 7

If the Pats spread them out and run at them the O-line will get a push on the Colt D-line.

By the end of the 3rd quarter after having a 300lb O-lineman leaning on them I think they are going to wear down.

If McFarland is so good, why was he traded?

But I believe the Pats need to spread the Colts out and get them in favorable one on one matchups.

Major Mismatch

Defensive Line

Dwight Freeney 6’1 268
Anthony McFarland 6’0 300
Raheem Brock 6’4 274
Robert Mathis 6’2 245
Dan Klecko 5’11 275

Linebackers

Cato June 6’0 227(former safety)
Gary Brackett 5’11 235
Rob Morris 6’2 243
Gilbert Gardner 6’1 228

Bob Sanders 5’8 206

Don't discount the fact that June (concussion) and Morris (knee) were both questionable this week.

My strategy in the running game is to run right at their best player: Dwight Freeney. The guy is a great pass rusher, but he can't get off blocks to stop the run the way their other 3 linemen can.

Don't discount the fact that June (concussion) and Morris (knee) were both questionable this week.

My strategy in the running game is to run right at their best player: Dwight Freeney. The guy is a great pass rusher, but he can't get off blocks to stop the run the way their other 3 linemen can.

I would think Mathis is extremely light and Kaczur and Graham can seal him off easily.

I agree on June and Morris. The Pats just need to be methodical.

same thing on the other side

Indy's OL is small--keep battering them with Sey, Wilfork and Warren--and later in the game, Colvin and Green will tee off on Manning

The 2006 Patriots morphed into a badass team 5 weeks ago and I fully expect them to beat the snot out of this Indy team.

In spite of the media annointment, this seems like the weakest Colts team in the last few years and the Patriots are hitting on all cylinders right now.

same thing on the other side

Indy's OL is small--keep battering them with Sey, Wilfork and Warren--and later in the game, Colvin and Green will tee off on Manning

The 2006 Patriots morphed into a badass team 5 weeks ago and I fully expect them to beat the snot out of this Indy team.

In spite of the media annointment, this seems like the weakest Colts team in the last few years and the Patriots are hitting on all cylinders right now.

I can't believe all the hype that is being spun and actually gets me ticked. But I look back to the Nov game and the D-line was on manning all day. I expect more of the same and I expect a bruised and battered Manning with a crushed spririt at the end of the game.

Who will Manning throw under the bus after today? O-line for no protection or defense for not stopping the run?

Strategy: Punch them in the mouth.

very true, the pats are the more physical team. they just got finished playing probably the most physical team in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes