PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keith Foulke Retires..

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
all over the place this AM, retired before throwing a pitch for Cleveland, arm problems. A good memory for us in the WS, but he turned into an angry whiner after the glory year.

DirtDogs was all over that one today. . .A little surprised, but the elbow must be pretty bad.

all over the place this AM, retired before throwing a pitch for Cleveland, arm problems. A good memory for us in the WS, but he turned into an angry whiner after the glory year.

Well, if he's out of a job now, I heard this place is hiring. :D

burger-king-maaleh-adumin.jpg

I, for one, think he got a bad rap after the WS. He pretty much ruined his career by pitching all those huge innings in 2004, and never fully recovered. Sox fans, some of the worst "what have you done for me lately" types, forgot that and actually booed the guy for struggling.

If I were Foulke, I would have been a little chirpy, too.

''Boos?" Foulke said. ''Of course I heard it. And I'm not inviting them [the fans] to my World Series celebration either. They have all the right. They can boo, they can cuss me and tell me I [stink]. Go ahead. If they don't want me to do the job, tell them to tell management. I've done a lot of good for this team but, you know, let them boo."

''Are they going to keep me from coming to the ballpark tomorrow? No. They're not going to make it any harder for me to go home and look in the mirror. I'm more embarrassed to walk into this locker room and look at the faces of my teammates than to walk out and see Johnny from Burger King booing me. I'm worried about these guys, not everybody else."

Nothing all that bad in there. In fact, a pretty clear team-first attitude.

I really don't care what he did after 2004, for what he did against the Yankees and the World Series is the reason the Red Sox won. For that I will always admire him even if he is a jerk.

he was the mvp in 04 not manny .i also liked his honesty and no non sense attitude .you can make a case for him being the best closer in redsox history.

Like everyone else, I give him credit for being on the mound when IT happened; but lets also remember that this is a guy never really cared that much for Baseball. That, more so than his innings pitched in '04, is why his career is over so early.

Like everyone else, I give him credit for being on the mound when IT happened; but lets also remember that this is a guy never really cared that much for Baseball. That, more so than his innings pitched in '04, is why his career is over so early.
And you know this how?

And you know this how?

Look at his stats. His IP in '04 wasn't particularly high. In fact it was the second lowest of the previous six years and he always made it clear that Baseball wasn't high on his priorities-list.

he was the mvp in 04 not manny .i also liked his honesty and no non sense attitude .you can make a case for him being the best closer in redsox history.

foulke def was the ws mvp

Look at his stats. His IP in '04 wasn't particularly high. In fact it was the second lowest of the previous six years
What? He pitched 83 innings that season. His career average at that point was 82. Either way, I have no idea what your point is.

His knees have been bad since 03. He threw 14 inngings in the 04 postseason, including 100 pitches in 48 hours against New York. That was the last time he pitched effectively. Try and put two and two together.

and he always made it clear that Baseball wasn't high on his priorities-list.
Give me a break. What he made clear was that baseball was his job, and as far as you or anyone here knows, he did it until he couldn't do it anymore.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back