PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it wrong to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the news on Shazier? Is he walking?

I like it better when the media enlightens the fans around a team's or players charitable causes when there are big games.

But I have no issue with the team rallying around Shazier and the media covering it.

I hope he gets to live a happy and healthy life with his family and friends going forward.

Personally, I prefer to rally round the family...with a pocket full of shells

Nope.

Shazier brought it on himself by leading with his head, instead of just tackling the guy. Not only is it OK to be sick of it, I have a difficult time mustering any sympathy for the guy - and I think he symbolizes the Steelers better than anyone else. Selfish, out for highlights on ESPN, trying to deliberately injure other players. And his teammates celebrate him. It's all I need to know.

Sheesh, dude! That's a little cold blooded.:eek:

He tried to injure someone by leading with his head, and ended up getting paralyzed.

You are welcome to your opinion, and I disagree with it, just like you disagree with mine.

If they want to celebrate (and if you want to as well) a player attempting a dirty hit, and getting hurt himself, that's your business.

You'd call it an unfortunate sad story. I call it karma.

Yeah I gotta go with Deus et al on this one. This is incredibly heartless and a bad look for Patriots fans. I don't want to be associated with this awful take whatsoever. It's way beyond the premise of the OP too, you're arguing a different point.

You are essentially celebrating the fact that a man may never walk again. I don't know how you can be so clouded by your fandom, but football is a game. Shazier isn't Bin Laden or someone, he just happens to play for a different sports team than the one you root for.

Your point that 'he was trying to injure someone' by leading with his helmet is a wild guess. You have no idea what was going through his mind when he made that hit. He has half a second to react to the play and to say that that half second was filled with "I am planning on injuring this player" is ridiculous. There have been plenty of cases where Patriots players have led with their helmets over the years; would you be celebrating if they became paralyzed as a result?

This is clearly a case, as has been said on this board before, where you "need to go readjust your moral compass."

Not really, although I do feel for the guy. That has to be rough, so my prayers are with him to at least to be able to walk again.

I will say, the guy was really overrated. Always hurt, can't play the run very well, as he's really small. He's fast and athletic, but just this offseason, Tomlin was directly calling him about with his "availability". He's essentilly one of these OSU workout warriors who is mediocre in the pros, but the hype of where he plays, brainwashes the media into thinking he's some great player.

Point blank: Kyle Van Noy would be Pitt's LB right now, even if Shazier was available. Dupree is a bust and Watt is way over-matched on the edge, as he too, cannot stop the run. He's wasy too small up top to set the edge. Look at his shoulders and how short his arms are. He gets demolished by LTs. Watch for it today.

Not at all. His situation, while unfortunate, has been over-sentimentalized.
The fact is, had Tatum been the one paralyzed, the nation would have painted Stingley as a criminally dirty player and the Patriots worthless scumbags.

Instead of course, we're the tiny few who see Tatum for what he was, and he's a hero in Oakland, and basically liked around the country, and most people think it was an accident. Nobody cared about Darryl, except us.

None of the anti-Patriots sentiment this century is "new".

When the Giants arrived in Arizona for SB42, they dressed in black for the Patriots' "funeral", mere weeks after they played the Redskins, when Sean Taylor's death led to an outpouring of national support and sympathy, and he was mourned like a head of state.

No one, before or after the Super Bowl, anywhere, any time, including right here in Boston, bothered to bring up the fact that the Patriots' 2007 season was dedicated to the late Marquise Hill, who lost his life after saving a young woman's. It was not a secret; his #91 was on each of our helmets.

Paraphrasing Nietzsche on the Jews, circa 1886:

"The whole problem of the Patriots exists only in nation states, for here their energy and higher intelligence, their accumulated capital of spirit and will, gathered from generation to generation through a long schooling in suffering, must become so preponderant as to arouse mass envy and hatred. In almost all contemporary nations, therefore – in direct proportion to the degree to which they act up nationalistically – the literary obscenity of leading the Patriots to slaughter as scapegoats of every conceivable public and internal misfortune is spreading."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes