PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm torn on who to cheer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After last night, I thought it was simple. My wife and father in law are Broncos fans so I cheer for them, after all they did the same for me. Then we have the Steelers. I can't help but like them for continuing where we left off. Embarrassing the Colts. Decisions decisions. I may just have to sit back and enjoy the game.

Pick Seattle man..they haven't won in God knows how long but let me explain why not to cheer for any else of the remaining teams...

Steelers- Pats have had trouble with in Past

Carolina- Because They Came close in SB XXXVIII

Denver- Team the Pats lost to( Not the team that beat the Pat's, They beat themselves...Denver just got a win for it)

Seattle...we didn't amke it in 2002 ...Tampa won...NFC again this year...Seattle to SMASH the Donkos on a neutral field

Cheer for the Steelers. Cheer for The Bus, could be his last season. Classy player and really deserve a ring to end his stellar career (disregard his fumble tonight, of course).

Brady>Manning said:
Pick Seattle man..they haven't won in God knows how long but let me explain why not to cheer for any else of the remaining teams...

Steelers- Pats have had trouble with in Past

Carolina- Because They Came close in SB XXXVIII

Denver- Team the Pats lost to( Not the team that beat the Pat's, They beat themselves...Denver just got a win for it)

Ugh...lets not get started on that again. I don't like the Panthers at all. Steve Smith is a jackass of the third degree and Delhomme isn't far behind. I have never seen an average qb think so highly of himself. Seattle I really have no problem with other than Holmgren. Like I said though already though, my wife and her dad are Broncos fans. One of my greatest Super Bowl memories was seeing his face when the Broncos won their first title then shortly after finding out his mother had passed away. And you can't help but pull for any team that makes Manning and Dungy look like idiots.

I'm all for Carolina. Delhomme's comments about the Pat's and Brady have always been classy. "Never wanting to stand outside the ring,being roped off etc" I wouldn't mind him being in that winners circle this Super Bowl. He has also got the best WR in the game in Steve Smith who happened to score me a whole grip of points for me in my fantasy league.

Pittsburgh's the Bus? grrrrr.. I like Jerome Bettis,he has mostly been a classy guy in his career,but if it means I'd have to listen to a bunch of Steeler fans brag for the next millenium I say no. I wouldn't mind seeing Heinz Ward going **** Vermeil again if they lose either.

huskeralk said:
After last night, I thought it was simple. My wife and father in law are Broncos fans so I cheer for them, after all they did the same for me. Then we have the Steelers. I can't help but like them for continuing where we left off. Embarrassing the Colts.

How about a tactical nuke over Ivesco field? I can dream, can't I? :D

No...wait....must...not...think...like...that.

shirtsleeve said:
How about a tactical nuke over Ivesco field? I can dream, can't I? :D

No...wait....must...not...think...like...that.

I second that.

We old codgers have no such problem. We remember many, many times when we were embarrassed by Denver and their fans. We many years, we seemed to play Denver almost every year, in Denver, and lose. In those days, there was only one team we disliked more than Denver, Miami.

huskeralk said:
After last night, I thought it was simple. My wife and father in law are Broncos fans so I cheer for them, after all they did the same for me. Then we have the Steelers. I can't help but like them for continuing where we left off. Embarrassing the Colts. Decisions decisions. I may just have to sit back and enjoy the game.

Pittsburgh v. Denver: I'll root for the Steelers for a lot of reasons not the least of which I don't think Plummer is worthy of playing in a Super Bowl. Flame away.

Carolina v. Seattle:I'll root for the Panthers in this one.

Carolina/Seattle v. Pittsburgh in the SB: I'll root for the NFC team. The look on Bill Cowher's face losing another SB would be priceless.

This could be like 2002 all over again. A team I really don't care about embarassed a team I hate, even if I don't completely hate Pittsburgh as much as I used too. Good stuff.

Steelers in the AFC. NFC, I don't care.

It's all Panthers from here, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back