PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm glad we don't have to face the refs next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'll say it:
I'm not happy SD won because I'd rather play SD over Indy. I don't think it matters too much since the Pats are better than both teams.
But I am glad that we won't have to play against the refs next week. I figure the refs are about a 10 Point advantage to the colts; which would've completely negated our home field advantage and then some.

I'll say it:
I'm not happy SD won because I'd rather play SD over Indy. I don't think it matters too much since the Pats are better than both teams.
But I am glad that we won't have to play against the refs next week. I figure the refs are about a 10 Point advantage to the colts; which would've completely negated our home field advantage and then some.

That's funny. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was watching that Colts/Chargers game.

It's getting to be so blatant that the media needs to start pointing it out. I can accept the fact that officials make mistakes and plays usually are close enough to go either way.

The problem is that the Colts receive an insane amount of help from "invisible" penalties. I'm talking about PI penalties where replay clearly shows that there was no contact whatsoever.

I'm not ridiculous enough to think there is some kind of fix in but I do think that the league should explore the amount of influence Polian and Dungy have over the officials.

It's all about making more money for the NFL. Everyone knows that Pats vs. Colts games get the highest ratings which is why the NFL told the refs to cheat for the Colts. They will deny this ofcourse but we all know that's the case.

Last edited:
It's all about making more money for the NFL. Everyone knows that Pats vs. Colts games get the highest ratings which is why the NFL told the refs to cheat for the Pats. They will deny this ofcourse but we all know that's the case.

I want to buy this but it does not explain why the Patriots get screwed everytime they play the Colts. I don't think it has anything to do with any other team in the NFL other than the Colts. Its Polian.

Oh wait, I see the problem. I meant to write the Colts in there. I meant the NFL told the refs to cheat for the Colts. LOL!

I want to buy this but it does not explain why the Patriots get screwed everytime they play the Colts. I don't think it has anything to do with any other team in the NFL other than the Colts. Its Polian.

That's because the NFL favors the Colts over the Pats. They want to make it a good team vs. bad team thing where the Colts are the good guys. That's why they made such a big deal out of Manning beating a much weaker Patriots team in the playoffs last season.

How can I give examples, it's not like I have a camera inside Roger Goodell's office or anything. Also, why ban me just for telling the truth?

We have obvious evidence and examples of a pattern of calls that the Colts get, in an incredibly obvious way. You should be able to site some similar examples of what you've seen that makes you think the refs have done similarly for the Pats.

We have obvious evidence and examples of a pattern of calls that the Colts get, in an incredibly obvious way. You should be able to site some similar examples of what you've seen that makes you think the refs have done similarly for the Pats.

Read my above posts. I meant to write that the NFL cheats for the Colts. It was a typo.

Oh wait, I see the problem. I meant to write the Colts in there. I meant the NFL told the refs to cheat for the Colts. LOL!

hahaha lol, I actually thought that, which is why I deleted my initial response (too late you had already responded). Nevermind my last response then ;)

Please tell me we've got Ed Hochuli.

That's because the NFL favors the Colts over the Pats. They want to make it a good team vs. bad team thing where the Colts are the good guys. That's why they made such a big deal out of Manning beating a much weaker Patriots team in the playoffs last season.

I dunno dude.

I know this, I hate watching the Colts play. I hate watching them because I know I will see at least 4 or 5 calls go their way that make the NFL look bad. It does not seem to matter who they play.

Even the Colts players don't understand why they don't get a flag on every single play. Just watch them. Once the play is over all Colts players look at the refs expecting a flag in their favor.

The problem is that fans complain about calls every week and in many or even most cases, they're far off base.

Just look at the Ravens/Patriots game. The Ravens mugged our WR's on virtually every play but the refs don't want to throw the flag on every play. Then when they do throw the flag, all those "Patriots Haters" go up in arms. Not b/c they were necessarily bad calls but rather b/c their hatred for the Pats is so much that it distorts their view.

The more you have fans complain about legitimate calls, the more you can dismiss the legitimate complaints. That's how they get away with this nonsense with the Colts.

What we need is for someone to put together a compilation of game footage to document each blatant call the Colts have received since Polian began throwing his weight around.

I thought the same thing about five minute after SD won. We won't have to contend with the reff.'s At leat I hope not. :rocker:

I don't understand why people would rather play the Colts than SD if the goal is winning the Superbowl. We were doing cartwheels around the house when the banged up Bolts sent Peytie Pie to the bench with his pouty face on! The only team I was afraid we couldn't beat (and it was reinforced by the crappy play of the secondary this week) was the Colts, and they are gone! Not having to play the refs is also an added bonus!!

Go Pats!!

Even the Colts players don't understand why they don't get a flag on every single play. Just watch them. Once the play is over all Colts players look at the refs expecting a flag in their favor.

So true. After the last incompletion yesterday they still stood on the field for a couple of seconds hoping someone would throw the flag. Every time there is an incompletion both Manning & the receiver who missed look around for the flag. It's disgusting.

So true. After the last incompletion yesterday they still stood on the field for a couple of seconds hoping someone would throw the flag. Every time there is an incompletion both Manning & the receiver who missed look around for the flag. It's disgusting.

Just look at Dallas Clark after he had the dropsie - thorwing his hands up that he was held, interfered. Almost to the point that what the eff reff, did you not get that memo from Bill Polian, Archie Manning ???????????????????

Now watch the refs favor Giants to save the remaining manning.

Just as a follow-up . . . is the bias as blatant when the Colts are on the road? Most of the egregious calls I can remember seem to be when playing them at the RCA Dome. (Not that they don't get the benefit of strange calls when away, but it seems more blindingly obvious when they're on their home turf.)

Just look at Dallas Clark after he had the dropsie - thorwing his hands up that he was held, interfered. Almost to the point that what the eff reff, did you not get that memo from Bill Polian, Archie Manning ???????????????????

Now watch the refs favor Giants to save the remaining manning.
I saw a replay of that. I couldn't understand what he was complaining about, there wasn't a Charger player any where near him. He just plain dropped it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore