PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hopes and Dreams :2018 Draft

Do the Patriots really want to do that? More specifically, do they want a player who apparently needs a significantly different system than the one Brady uses?

I would not worry about the system especially because by all reports Jackson ran Erhardt-Perkins at Louisville. If I remember correctly Jimmy didn't even have a real playbook in his offense at Eastern Illinois and after 2 seasons of studying his ass off with BB and McD he turned out alright. Palazzolo and Perry talked about it shortly on a recent episode of QuickSlants.

Personally, the things to be concerned about with him are more about his accuracy and how much that can be improved. Accuracy was a big reason why JB didnt work out. By all reports he was pretty inaccurate throughout camp and did not make the jump that the team expected him to have.

Makes you wonder if despite everything positive about Jackson the team will be ready to take on another player that is a project in terms of accuracy.

Burkhead was a great signing he was underused this season. when he was used he was very very effective

That’s because he was injured repeatedly during the season.

I'm going to keep my hopes and dreams simple. I want a stud NT. My hope and dream is that Vea falls to 31. Even with the splurge of teams going after other positions I doubt he gets past 20 but one can hope and dream.

I've been following Tim Settle a bit and think he has stud potential but as @reamer stated is still a raw talent. Which means to me he's a two year project. May be worth it over the long haul but doubt that helps the DL immediately.

Anywho the dream is Vita Vea.

Re: Jackson, I've heard two things in the last couple of days that, if true, would concern me:

Do the Patriots really want to do that? More specifically, do they want a player who apparently needs a significantly different system than the one Brady uses?

The game news & misinformation surrounding Jackson is incredible.

As someone who's been on the Jackson to New England from the beginning, he ran some Erhardt-Perkins along with other variations of Pistol.

Lots of real info about him in my threads

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back