PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hank (Poteat) To Jets (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtunstal

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
My appologies if anyone has posted this already. this sucks but I wish the best for him. goooooo hank.:D :cool:

Re: Hank To Jets

It's ok, they'll release him and then we'll sign him again. Isn't this his second stint with them this year already?

jaychamp said:
It's ok, they'll release him and then we'll sign him again. Isn't this his second stint with them this year already?

Im not sure if this is his second stint. But I hope he does stick with them he is a good player. I wish the pats had kept him, but hey thats the way it goes in the nfl.

They gave him a brief tryout before the season started - good luck Hank (your dead to me - again).

Count me in among the Hank Poteat fan club members. He always seems to be there to do a decent job for us. I don't know why BB would just cut him like that but coach knows a little more about football than I do.

Well, at least we don't have to worry about him picking off any of Brady's passes. ;)

Nah I'm really bummed by this news. I want Hank back now. :(

BONGOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Is this yet another case of Mangini trying to screw with us?

AGAIN??? He was with the Jests a whole two days last time we cut him, right? Or was it three?

All seriousness, my heart bleeds for ya Hank.... you deserve a damn HOME somewhere in the NFL, and with a real team. 'Course, now I must rend a garment atcha, just like Yussel Rabinovitch's old man. :(

I have nothing to say but good things about the guy

Time to close up shop on the Hank Poteat Fan Club (for the time being).

Tunescribe said:
Is this yet another case of Mangini trying to screw with us?

Yeah the offseason will be interesting to see how many Pats players he will go after.

Willie55 said:
Time to close up shop on the Hank Poteat Fan Club (for the time being).

I suppose but not completely. He very well could end up back with us before the end of the season. You know how these guys are.

The Jets play Miami this weekend. There was a blurb on NFL.com about how Hank is only like the 5th player in NFL history to face the same opponent two weeks in a row in the regular season. Maybe Mangini wants to copy the Pats game plan. I'm sure they are desperate for a win after the whoopin they got last Sunday.

Smart move by Mangini, scooping up HP a day after he is released by the Pats. Think he doesn't know that we'd be looking to get him back as soon as the next DB gets injured?

Poteat to Jets...

No bongos here..or even a shadow roster spot..Poteat signed by NY again...

The interesting thing is that the Jets cut Derrick Strait. He was drafted in the middle of the second round in 2004, right? Anybody know what's up with that?

Jets sign Poteat

Why didn't we sign him?? It will be interesting to see if Jets keep him long-term.

Re: Jets sign Poteat

Seriously, don't people look at the boards before posting? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick