PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game 5 Thread

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Well Youk smoked that homer. The Sox needed that spark.

My question though is what happened with the play where Manny was thrown out? Did the 3rd base coach not do his job and give the stop sign? We all know Manny can't run that fast!

Comments?

Well Youk smoked that homer. The Sox needed that spark.

My question though is what happened with the play where Manny was thrown out? Did the 3rd base coach not do his job and give the stop sign? We all know Manny can't run that fast!

Comments?

Ramirez gave up on the play -- he didn't even TRY to slide under the high catch! And he slows down to flip off his helmet rounding third, which probably was uncomfortable on his dreadlocks. What a moron. And did you see Ramirez in the dugout when Youkilis hit his homerun? No emotion whatsoever.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does Eric Wedge look like a mix between Wes Welker and Randy Quaid?

I think the sox 3rd base coach shouldn't have waved Ramirez in. On replay I saw the coach signal to wave him in. He should know that manny is not a good base runner.

Last edited:
Slide under the tag? How about putting your head down and knocking the catcher into the middle of next week in an attempt to knock the ball out of his glove...........Christ is he clueless.............GREAT hitter, but just clueless.................

lmfao....manny is such a stupid bit!@

I thought that was a homerun! RBI single is all it goes for? BS. LOL.

that fat-a44essd coksuker just cost us

It was definitely a home run, and I would think that Joe Buck and Tim McCarver would actually have a clue about how it should be ruled. The ball clearly went OVER the yellow line and hit off the lip of the concrete or whatever it was beyond it. As a rule of thumb, any time you see a ball bounch UP from the wall, it most likely went over.

Slide under the tag? How about putting your head down and knocking the catcher into the middle of next week in an attempt to knock the ball out of his glove...........Christ is he clueless.............GREAT hitter, but just clueless.................

He could have done either, but didn't care/doesn't care. All he cares about is hitting homeruns -- not running the bases, not fielding, not winning -- just hitting homeruns. I kind of wonder, is Ramirez a dope smoker? Does MLB test for marijuana?

Wow Crisp is struggling big time at the plate! Why not sub in Ellsbury for him? You've got 2 on and no outs. Instead Crisp strikes out then Lugo grounds into a double play. These are the critical situations and Tito doesn't have the GUTS to make the call!!

Last edited:
Nice to see the Sox are continuing to get people on base and then promptly strand them by hitting into double play balls. I know I'll just end up giving up on them in a few innings. It's so infuriating.

Wow Crisp is struggling big time at the plate! Why not sub in Ellsbury for him? You've got 2 on and no outs. Instead Crisp strikes out then Lugo grounds into a double play. These are the critical situations and Tito doesn't have the GUTS to make the call!!

ya he's pulling a lovie smith and is gonna lose with HIS guys.

talk about no hitting and ruining great opportunities with me on.

7 stranded and counting...... I'm trying not to be negative about the Sox. But they won't let me be positive.

Bases loaded and of course... the Red Sox strand all 3 runners. What the hell is going on? Is this some kind of karmic revenge??

Beckett is pitching his ass off and he's not getting any run support.. Crisp can't even bunt. He and Lugo are about an automatic two outs as you can get...Bases loaded again and no runs....

Tito needs to do something to change things up. He should pinch hit for kelty or cocoa and get ellsbury on and run.

For the love of God get Ellsbury in for Crisp Francona..Eff the loyalty.. It's win or see you in Ft. Myers..Beckett can't do it himself..

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back