First loss of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Champs 3X

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Which week do you watn the first lost of the season to come

Re: First lost of the season

I never want a loss. But I recognize that they might be better off in the playoffs if they have one so the undefeated thing is not THE STORY.

I guess if I had to choose, it would be against an NFC team at a point at which the top AFC seed was pretty well assured.

Just thinking the longer we go the more pressure it is

if we lose near the end of the regular season and are assured the AFC top seed, our excuse would be not playing at our full strength as to get prepared for the playoffs

10/20 hosting the Broncos.

I also think it may be the only loss.

Before some genius points out the Broncos are not great, so? If need be the Earths magnetic field flips or something. I'm not basing this on reality, just the weird mystic realm sort of crap.

Chargers in week 5...

Pressure had nothing to do with us losing the Super Bowl at all.

Unless you're reffering to the pressure applied by the Giant's D-line.

I hope we don't lose, ever.

:yeahthat:

Exactly.

could be the seattle game, seattle is one of the better teams in the nfl at home

2010 (after Feb)? I'm rooting for 38-0 in the next 2 seasons. I might be optimistic, but if we're throwing sh!t at a wall and seeing what sticks, why not? :D

This thread sucks.

I want my first Lost of the season to be the one where Kate and Claire frollic in bikinis on the beach and Locke and Ben have a Thunderdome style death match.

Pressure had nothing to do with us losing the Super Bowl at all.

Unless you're reffering to the pressure applied by the Giant's D-line.

I hope we don't lose, ever.

This thread sucks.

:agree:

Ridiculous. Cheering for a loss...please start watching figure skating or something.

But losing makes our offensive line better!

I swear, the gurus on NFL Live told me.

:agree:

Ridiculous. Cheering for a loss...please start watching figure skating or something.

Nobody cheering for a loss. Take your homer glasses off and smell reality for a second undefeated for 2 years in a row will be tough to do.

I have never understood, and probably never will understand this thinking that losing gives you a better chance of winning.
I just dont understand the idea that when you play in the SUPER BOWL you have more or less pressure because of what your record was.
That would entail players having a mindset like "Wow, we cant lose or everyone will laugh at us for winning so many other games then losing one" or "That SB would be a nice thing, but it might blow our undefeated record"
I just do not believe professional competitors think that way.

Nobody cheering for a loss. Take your homer glasses off and smell reality for a second undefeated for 2 years in a row will be tough to do.

Spare me the "homer glasses" garbage. I am pretty sure MOST fans of any team want the team they cheer for to win all of their games. Is everyone who said they don't like this thread wearing "homer glasses", or just me?

Yes, another undefeated regular season would be tough. So would winning the Super Bowl, but you're not asking when the Pats next Super Bowl loss will be.

Your thread stinks.

Last edited:
could be the seattle game, seattle is one of the better teams in the nfl at home

their division isn't as bad as the AFC East, but the teams (SF, Zona, St Louis) are pretty bad especially on the road.

Last edited:

Honestly I dont see any loss, but maybe 2-3 close games. I wouldn't be suprised if we go undefeated again, but I hope they dont repeat last year and get a taste of loss, perhaps after 10 or 12 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back