PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson Suspended 11 games (Updated)

There's a lot of smarmy supposition in the article, IMO.

The most potentially insightful part of what Florio wrote:

Why wouldn’t someone connected to the league’s handling of the Watson case have asked Harvey, who helped develop the current policy, for his opinion on how best to properly assess Watson’s behavior? Judge Sue L. Robinson’s analysis of the policy focused on the distinction between violent and non-violent sexual assault. The league may believe that there’s no distinction under the policy. Harvey, who helped develop the policy, may believe it.

But under the documented policy even violent first offenders are in the six game bracket. I don't see how that gets them to what NFL asked for, which is an indefinite suspension with right to ask for relief at one year.

Said another way, he was a lousy tipper.
If he wanted sex, he should have gone to a prostitute. I'm sure we would have heard all about it if any of these women had records as sex workers. I think it's safe to assume part of the kick for Watson was using his fame and money to turn a non-sexual encounter into a sexual encounter.

BTW - your lame attempt to equate what Bob Kraft "ALLEGEDLY" did only shows your bias and your attempt to create a narrative that would allow a serial abuser to be viewed as a victim. Not Happening.. Better you spend your time talking football instead of your "Bob Kraft is the devil" campaign. I usually like those posts about FOOTBALL.
WRONG

No, he didn't. And you stamping your feet and insisting on it doesn't make it so.
The Texans were never going to allow Watson to play.

He was suspended with pay.

Report: Texans Do Not Plan to Play Deshaun Watson in 2021 Season. The Texans do not plan to play quarterback Deshaun Watson during the 2021 NFL season, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Watson is currently facing 22 active civil lawsuits and 10 criminal complaints alleging sexual misconduct. Sep 12, 2021

If the Texans let Watson play in 2021 the NFL was ready to step in. Warson was NOT playing in 2021 one way or the other.

Goodell: It wouldn't be fair for me to preside over this appeal, as I have a severe conflict of interest. So instead I'm appointing Goger Roodell to ensure justice is served with integrity and balance.

The Texans were never going to allow Watson to play.
You seem not to remember that before any of this went down, Watson announced he would never play for the Texans again. So who benched whom?
He was suspended with pay.
No such thing exists.

You seem not to remember that before any of this went down, Watson announced he would never play for the Texans again. So who benched whom?

No such thing exists.
Watson was suspended and the Texans paid him not to play. If Watson refused the play then the Texans did not owe him any money.

Patricia is the NE OC with no official title. Everyone knows that he is calling offensive plays like everyone knows that Watson was suspended and IF the Texans let him play the NFL was ready to step in and end his season.

Watson was suspended and the Texans paid him not to play.
No such thing exists.
If Watson refused the play then the Texans did not owe him any money.
Well then maybe they should have called his bluff. But they didn't. They paid him in full.
Patricia is the NE OC with no official title. Everyone knows that he is calling offensive plays like everyone knows that Watson was suspended and IF the Texans let him play the NFL was ready to step in and end his season.
That idiotic analogy isn't apples and oranges, it's apples and elephants.

No such thing exists.

Well then maybe they should have called his bluff. But they didn't. They paid him in full.

That idiotic analogy isn't apples and oranges, it's apples and elephants.

Report: Texans Do Not Plan to Play Deshaun Watson in 2021 Season. The Texans do not plan to play quarterback Deshaun Watson during the 2021 NFL season, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I take Schefters word as gospel and not some dope like you.

Report: Texans Do Not Plan to Play Deshaun Watson in 2021 Season. The Texans do not plan to play quarterback Deshaun Watson during the 2021 NFL season, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

I do not know why you are being your usual a-hole self. Perhaps you are still butthurt from when I humiliated you on the whole "players don't tamper" issue...? Regardles, I don't disagree with any of the above. Apparently I have to repeat myself because your feeble mind didn't comprehend it the first time:

I do not know why you are being your usual a-hole self. Perhaps you are still butthurt from when I humiliated you on the whole "players don't tamper" issue...? Regardles, I don't disagree with any of the above. Apparently I have to repeat myself because your feeble mind didn't comprehend it the first time:

HAHAHA

You fool. The NFL does not fine players for tampering. I never stated that they did, but youre too stupid to understand that. The only person that you embarrass is yourself. Schefter is right 99% of the time and he states that the Texans had no intention to play Watson and he would know because he speaks directly with principals involved with these NFL franchises.

Schefter and Florio are not wrong. You are wrong. The NFL did not need to levy a suspension because the Texans refused to allow Watson to play last season. When does a player in the NFL still get paid after refusing to show up? Nobody except Watson because the Texans held all the cards. NFL players are fined for sitting out except for Watson.

NFL players make idle threats all the time.

I expect that the Patriots don't plan to play Brian Hoyer during this season AND they're paying him. So, according to you he's suspended.

HAHAHA

You fool. The NFL does not fine players for tampering.
That's because only teams (i.e. representatives of a team) can tamper. It is all written in black and white in the very reference you cited.
Schefter is right 99% of the time and he states that the Texans had no intention to play Watson and he would know because he speaks directly with principals involved with these NFL franchises.
No sh*t, dipsh*t. But way before that ever happened, and even before any lawsuits were filed, Watson announced he would never play for the Texans again. Maybe they should have called his bluff. But they didn't.

I mean, seriously.... all you are demonstrating here is your horrible combination of ignorance and stupidity.
Schefter and Florio are not wrong. You are wrong. The NFL did not need to levy a suspension because the Texans refused to allow Watson to play last season. When does a player in the NFL still get paid after refusing to show up?
Question: When does a suspended player still get paid?
Answer: Never. Because no such thing exists.
NFL players make idle threats all the time.
Maybe they should have called his bluff. But they didn't.

That's because only teams (i.e. representatives of a team) can tamper. It is all written in black and white in the very reference you cited.

No sh*t, dipsh*t. But way before that ever happened, and even before any lawsuits were filed, Watson announced he would never play for the Texans again. Maybe they should have called his bluff. But they didn't.

I mean, seriously.... all you are demonstrating here is your horrible combination of ignorance and stupidity.

Question: When does a suspended player still get paid?
Answer: Never. Because no such thing exists.

Maybe they should have called his bluff. But they didn't.
Arguing all day with a clown shoes poster gets you nothing. That is why I quit responding to you Bozo.

I expect that the Patriots don't plan to play Brian Hoyer during this season AND they're paying him. So, according to you he's suspended.
Did Schefter report that yo you.

Is the NFL ready to lower the boom on Hoyer. No

Arguing all day with a clown shoes poster gets you nothing. That is why I quit responding to you Bozo.
LOL!!

You respond to my post with a post saying how you have quit responding to me. LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one could possibly be as stupid as you are acting here......

No but seriously.... how badly does it hurt that literally everyone who weighed in on the topic agrees you are wrong?

Pretty much daring the NFL to do something preemptive?

WRONG

The fact that you're comparing what Kraft allegedly did (even tho all charges were dropped)and what Watson did is beyond laughable.It's not Krafts fault he's white
Your racism is showing

Watson was suspended and the Texans paid him not to play. If Watson refused the play then the Texans did not owe him any money.

The CBA does not allow a team to suspend a player for an entire season even with pay. The Texans didn’t suspend him. It was a mutual decision between Watson and the team. Watson could have showed up any time and demanded to practice and play and the Texans couldn’t do anything about it.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back