PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chin up, Pats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Like I said... this is Peyton's year. It was going to happen eventually. There's no shame in losing to the Super Bowl champions on their turf in a hell of an AFC Championship game...

As much as I'd love to run my mouth and say you guys are done, I can't do it. You guys still have a good team. What you saw last night in the second half is nothing that can't be fixed by a younger and faster LB or two, a healthy secondary (pay Samuel what he's worth - don't be cheap!), and another weapon for Brady. Do those things and you guys will be contending for another Super Bowl title next year.

PS-I see the the Charger nitwits are back... do you Charger idiots actually think the Pats losing yesterday makes the pain of your 14-2 season going down the drain any better? OUCH! That's still gotta hurt. LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:
Like I said... this is Peyton's year. It was going to happen eventually. There's no shame in losing to the Super Bowl champions on their turf in a hell of an AFC Championship game...

As much as I'd love to run my mouth and say you guys are done, I can't do it. You guys still have a good team. What you saw last night in the second half is nothing that can't be fixed by a younger and faster LB or two, a healthy secondary (pay Samuel what he's worth - don't be cheap!), and another weapon for Brady. Do those things and you guys will be contending for another Super Bowl title next year.

PS-I see the the Charger nitwits are back... do you Charger idiots actually think the Pats losing yesterday makes the pain of your 14-2 season going down the drain any better? OUCH! That's still gotta hurt. LOLOLOLOL
i agree with your post for the most part but.the pats arent cheap .they never where .theres a salary cap remember and the pats spent right up to the cap.if they can sign samuel i suspect they will but if hes looking for huge money he will be gone.

Last edited:
Uh, I don't know about that. We could have easily paid Deion Branch what he was worth but didn't. The lack of a deep threat hurt us last night.

But anyway, thanks for the post, man. Most Colts fans I've seen around here are nothing but respectable.

RS is not a Colts fan. Hey RS, I appreciate what you said and all, but to lose like that was a kick in the nuts. We had the lead for 59 friggin minutes.

The part that people around here fail to get is despite blowing a 21 to 3 lead, after the Colts tied the game, we took the lead back three times (please spare me with the bad calls, blah blah blah, whatever). We had the ball with about 4 minutes left, got a stupid 12 men in the huddle penalty, had a third and 4 on that drive and couldn't convert, punted the ball back and that was all she wrote. If they make a first down on that drive, the game is basically over despite Paytons heroics. Give the guy credit, we took away Harrison and Wayne and he killed us with the short passes. Like a great QB should, he found the open recievers again and again and again.

I also respect your opinion that the Patriots will be right back in the thick of things next year with a few adjustments, but I just don't see it that way. They need help in a lot of areas, LB's in particular, and have a brutal schedule next year. To get this close and lose is a tough pill to swallow. The Patriots of old would have stopped the Colts on the last drive, forced a field goal and with one minute left, would have gone down the field and kicked the winning field goal. Not this year, not this team.

After finally getting over the hump this year, I see the Colts making more than one trip to the big dance.

After finally getting over the hump this year, I see the Colts making more than one trip to the big dance.

Don't think so, this is their last, best chance. Colts receiving corps is getting old and they have a ton of free agents. Colts will be weaker next season.

I love it. A non-Pats fan comes to the site, starts a thread in the locker room and the team he picks on is the Chargers.

Hey Charger trolls, more proof that everyone thinks you svck!!!

Thanks for the kind words, GL to Oakland this offseason and also next year!

The thing is is that with both teams, Pats are strong, hefty(not as in fat) players, and are meant for mostly strenght. Colts are small, but fast little buggers, but not meant for strength, if you will. Some teams tend to have a bit of both, (ex. Chargers((only one I could think of, sorry. Not a coincidence.))) which is fine, but if one side falls, then slowly so does the other.

Thanks for the kind words, GL to Oakland this offseason and also next year!

Thanks BostonStrangler. But I think we need a lot more than luck these days. :(

Maybe divine intervention? Even that might not be enough. 2002 is so long ago....

It takes a lot of class to go to an opposing teams fans web page and be so poignant. Especially when you are from the victorious team.
Thank you.

It takes a lot of class to go to an opposing teams fans web page and be so poignant. Especially when you are from the victorious team.
Thank you.

Raider fan, actually. But thanks anyway. :)

Still have a lot of respect for your team and the way it operates.

RS is actually a Patriots fan in disguise. His username stands for "Raiders Suck". ;)

Well, C2C, maybe by the next decade (gawd, we can't suck forever can we?) it can stand for "R"aiders "S"tomp the Pats. :D Yeah!

Well, C2C, maybe by the next decade (gawd, we can't suck forever can we?) it can stand for "R"aiders "S"tomp the Pats. :D Yeah!
No RS, we can't suck forever. Soon enough things will be back in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents