PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges picks the Broncos, anyone surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garbanza said:
I must confess - I have a habit of feeling negative about games.....and quite frankly it has worked for me three of the last four years. At this point (playoffs) I do what it takes to convince myself that the Pats will probably lose. A reverse jinx of sorts....I 'dunno.....it's messed up. LOL! As they say, "don't fix it, if it 'aint broke." Still - Denver does scare me. No convincing required. They scare me more than Indy. Pats have historically had a very hard time against Denver - and especially in Denver.

My take on TJ? I think he takes this negative stance for much the same reason I do.....and I suspect he enjoys getting his former teammates riled up about it.
Well, then you and I approach games in the same way. I find rampant negativity reaps greater rewards, LOL. Plus, it saves you from having to eat crow around zealous coworkers.;)

LOL!!! B-Chick, it is sad, but true.... I try to lower my expectation regarding this team. Although I defend them to the core (you should see my posts at rival sites) I go out of my way to find something wrong with them here and with friends. And I do it because I just love my Pats! I am a superstitious freak.

Ordway just reminded me of another "difference" between now and then. Dillon wasn't the only RB missing. Faulk was out too. Our dynamic duo in week 6 was Patrick Pass and the thoroughly forgettable Amos Zeroue. I can still flash back to the Zeroue experience - Brady having to back out from under center to reposition him or explain the play he obviously didn't comprehend in the huddle. Yeesh....

Denver hasn't faced this team this season. This team has only really existed for the last 4 or 5 weeks.

MoLewisrocks said:
Ordway just reminded me of another "difference" between now and then. Dillon wasn't the only RB missing. Faulk was out too. Our dynamic duo in week 6 was Patrick Pass and the thoroughly forgettable Amos Zeroue. I can still flash back to the Zeroue experience - Brady having to back out from under center to reposition him or explain the play he obviously didn't comprehend in the huddle. Yeesh....

Denver hasn't faced this team this season. This team has only really existed for the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Oh, that's right! Sheesh, I didn't even remember how to spell that guy's name.

Bella*chick said:
Well, then you and I approach games in the same way. I find rampant negativity reaps greater rewards, LOL. Plus, it saves you from having to eat crow around zealous coworkers.;)

Ok you glass-is-half-empty, people. We nearly tied up the Donkeys last time with Brady and just about no one else. Now the big boys are back and spittin' nails.

Keep worrying for the rest of us, but come saturday night......I believe it will be our proudest moment yet.

when talking about Borges the Moron ALWAYS refer to this...

While wondering how Ron Borges of the Boston Globe got a job writing about football, a friend emailed me a Borges classic which he should be reminded of every time he opens his nauseating piehole. He wrote it on MSNBC.com following the 2001 draft: "On a day when they could have had impact players David Terrell or Koren Robinson or the second-best tackle in the draft in Kenyatta Walker, they took Georgia defensive tackle Richard Seymour, who had 1 sack last season in the pass-happy SEC and is too tall to play tackle at 6-6 and too slow to play defensive end. This genius move was followed by trading out of a spot where they could have gotten the last decent receiver in Robert Ferguson and settled for tackle Matt Light, who will not help any time soon."

If any of you ever see this mutt out in public,be sure to remind him that he's the most reviled writer ever in Boston media history

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST