PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills punter accused of rape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police set up a recorded call between Araiza and the victim where Araiza admits to engaging in rape.

This is the same guy who had the 82 yard punt this pre season.

Bills look super bad too. They didn't know when they drafted him, but they were aware when he was competing for the job and still made him the starter.

I wonder what state she lives in. I hope do-gooders aren't searching all her social media activity to see if she looked up anything to so with abortion.

Police set up a recorded call between Araiza and the victim where Araiza admits to engaging in rape.

This is the same guy who had the 82 yard punt this pre season.
I read that he said said his name and had no recollection of the night during the set up phone call. Unfortunately, I’m getting hit with a paywall on the Times article. Could you share the part where you saw him admitting it?

Disgusting if true.

I wonder what state she lives in. I hope do-gooders aren't searching all her social media activity to see if she looked up anything to so with abortion.
We get it, man. It’s a bad story and you’re upset. Let’s not ****post about abortion. Put a “my body, my choice” flag in your avatar if you need to, and let’s stay on topic.

I read that he said said his name and had no recollection of the night during the set up phone call. Unfortunately, I’m getting hit with a paywall on the Times article. Could you share the part where you saw him admitting it?
Detectives set up recorded calls between the girl and the men accused, the lawsuit says, and Araiza confirmed on a call that they had sex and suggested she get tested for a sexually transmitted disease.

After reading the whole story, this is really disgusting. The school tried to bury this by not reporting it to Title IX for 7 months. As for the woman (girl, really, she was under 18) she reported the rape immediately. Just saying that for all the people who think she was looking for a payday from the freakin' PUNTER at San Diego State, of all places.

Detectives set up recorded calls between the girl and the men accused, the lawsuit says, and Araiza confirmed on a call that they had sex and suggested she get tested for a sexually transmitted disease.

That’s a bit different than admitting to rape, though. I also read that she had been dosed with something when they did the rape kit and pulled her blood. That’s… pretty bad.

Rape-alo Rapes ?

That’s a bit different than admitting to rape, though. I also read that she had been dosed with something when they did the rape kit and pulled her blood. That’s… pretty bad.
I was right.

It is rape. Statutory rape and if Araiza was 21 and the girl 17 Araiza is going away for felony rape.

I was right.

It is rape. Statutory rape and if Araiza was 21 and the girl 17 Araiza is going away for felony rape.

It’s California, though. He’s just as likely to secure a lucrative gig with the government as he is to do any jail time.

The laughing sound you hear coming out of the midwest is Matt Haack. That aside....

Araiza is entitled to the presumption of innocence and he is entitled to present his defense, but if media reports are accurate - which is a big "if" in this day and age but stay with me - then he's up the creek without a paddle. At the very least we are looking at statutory rape due to her being underage, and that's not exactly a "he said she said" situation.

Beyond that, we are looking at the allegation that she was intoxicated at the time. Her accusation states a drink he gave her "might have" contained something intoxicating beside alcohol, but even if all she had was alcohol, that makes it rape based on the fact that an intoxicated person cannot consent to sex (and if he did drug her...... ouch)

Then, of course, there is the salacious component that this wasn't exactly a romantic evening gone bad. He and his teammates ran a train on her. Setting aside the issue of consent, hopefully there are still parts of society allowed to be disgusted by that part alone.

It will be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting to see how the Bills handle this one.

As for the lawsuit.... well, rookie punters aren't exactly multi-millionaires and if he loses his job, he probably becomes just another flat broke jabroni, so she may very well not end up seeing any real money. Hopefully the DA decides to prosecute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference