PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick says Jackson is day-to-day

Status
Not open for further replies.
soxpatsbscs said:
Overpaying Brady? I'd say his fair market value is at least 15 mill per season, which almost any team would've given him. I think what Brady did was honorable but the FO has not done much in return. I in no way think that they've done this on purpose to save money, but I think they have not modified their evaluation process enough to stay competitive in the FA market.

This "Brady Took a Hometown Discount" line is tired, old and a myth and has been legitimately debunked, with documentation, for awhile now. Catch up, kid.

Uhhh, where is this debunking you speak of? I could swear to God I saw a quote of Brady saying he didn't need that much money if it can help the team. Link me to any proof and I'll be happy to shut up about it.

Keegs said:
wtf?
how long has this guy been injured for???

shouldn't her damn hamstring be healed now.?

I think the fact that many hamstring injuries heal within 2 weeks is blinding people of the fact that not all do. There are 3 grades of severity. I think there's also like a 30% chance of re-injuring the hamstring, in fact, we know that Jackson has already done that once. Thus the precautions taken with Chad Jackson.

Seriously, can people have some damn patience? Hmm, rush him out to play in Week 4 versus risk a nagging injury that will plague him throughout the season and perhaps long term?

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
So that's it?

Our season is over and we should just pack it in now?

Not at all, zippo. Sorry for the confusion; what I meant to say, is that the time for spending $$ on possible impact FAs has to wait for next year.

P.S. to anyone who believes that TB is underpaid: He is not. At all. In fact, if the final year, if not 2 years, of his contract had not been redone as part of his new contract, the precedent from which Richard Seemore and Meion based their holdouts would not have been established. In essense, TB's new contract is the reason that Meion is in Seattle. One can argue that TB is special; however, these New England Patriots have successfully operated on the foundation that nobody is special, that everyone sacrifices so that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Part of that sacrifice includes honoring the terms of your contract. One can also argue that TB did sacrifice, a lot; but how much did he, really? If TB's uneven performances are due in part to his dissatisfaction with the FO re. Meion, then he needs to save at least a part of his dissatisfaction for the man in the mirror.

Last edited:
captain stone said:
Not at all, zippo. Sorry for the confusion; what I meant to say, is that the time for spending $$ on possible impact FAs has to wait for next year.

P.S. to anyone who believes that TB is underpaid: He is not. At all. In fact, if the final year, if not 2 years, of his contract had not been redone as part of his new contract, the precedent from which Richard Seemore and Meion based their holdouts would not have been established. In essense, TB's new contract is the reason that Meion is in Seattle. One can argue that TB is special; however, these New England Patriots have successfully operated on the foundation that nobody is special, that everyone sacrifices so that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Part of that sacrifice includes honoring the terms of your contract. One can also argue that TB did sacrifice, a lot; but how much did he, really? If TB's uneven performances are due in part to his dissatisfaction with the FO re. Meion, then he needs to save at least a part of his dissatisfaction for the man in the mirror.

Anyone who believes that Tom Brady is not underpaid or did not take 20% less (or at least 30% less had he been a FA) or that the it was the team and not Tom who first broached getting an extension done on national television after he just catapulted Deion Branch to fame in winning his 3rd superbowl in 4 years (with the caveat that it be for less than Peyton Manning money no less) because they wanted a HOF 6th rounder locked up for the forseeable future with a cap friendly deal that would not only lower his cap # for the 2005 season when they were up against it but also set an example for his teamates of a team first financial attitude from the top down is not very well informed.

When Tom Brady looks at the man in the mirror he would be well within his rights to ask him WTF more do the fans and this FO and HC expect from me?

For the record: Tom Brady honored his entire 3 year $874K rookie deal. It was the extension added on to that deal, signed in 2002 while retaining his salary from his rookie deal, which because of the Patriots need for cap room had undergone annual restructures that pushed it's cap value into the $10-14M range in 2005 and 2006, that the team chose to tear up in order to construct a cap friendly deal under the difficult circumstances of an expiring CBA.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
This "Brady Took a Hometown Discount" line is tired, old and a myth and has been legitimately debunked, with documentation, for awhile now. Catch up, kid.

It has not been legitimately debunked, just Prisco tried to spin it that way.
Tom is the 4th highest paid QB by the first three year take method behind Manning by several million (who was a FA albeit a year earlier), and Michael Vick and Carson Palmer (who were not close to being FA when their deals were redone in 2004 and 2005. Catch up yourself. It's not a myth and your repeatedly claiming that is what's really getting old.

I wonder if she is feeling better now that it is Saturday?

MoLewisrocks said:
Anyone who believes that Tom Brady is not underpaid or did not take 20% less (or at least 30% less had he been a FA) or that the it was the team and not Tom who first broached getting an extension done on national television after he just catapulted Deion Branch to fame in winning his 3rd superbowl in 4 years (with the caveat that it be for less than Peyton Manning money no less) because they wanted a HOF 6th rounder locked up for the forseeable future with a cap friendly deal that would not only lower his cap # for the 2005 season when they were up against it but also set an example for his teamates of a team first financial attitude from the top down is not very well informed.

This is the longest sentence ever.

zippo59 said:
This is the longest sentence ever.

Wow that really was a long one. If that would have been out loud he'd have run out of breath long before the period.

MoLewisrocks said:
For the record: Tom Brady honored his entire 3 year $874K rookie deal. It was the extension added on to that deal, signed in 2002 while retaining his salary from his rookie deal, which because of the Patriots need for cap room had undergone annual restructures that pushed it's cap value into the $10-14M range in 2005 and 2006, that the team chose to tear up in order to construct a cap friendly deal under the difficult circumstances of an expiring CBA.

So what was TB's adjusted cap hit in 2005, as opposed to the $10-$14M range, which makes the rest of his current contract such a bargain?

P.S.: just because Atlanta is stupid enough to throw away all that $$ on Vick, doesn't mean that other teams have to be stupid with their $$, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes