PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Attending a Buffalo vs NE Road Game

Bourne Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I might be spending a few months in Toronto this year and can see it's an easy drive.

While it's not clear if I'll be able to attend with my British proof of vaccination (read they're only accepting NY paperwork), I assume they will sort something for out of state fans before the season.

So has anyone attended a road Bills Pats game, worth it.. or better to save for Foxboro which I've already been to a few times? If I wear a Pats jersey, will I be thrown through a table? Thanks :D

I might be spending a few months in Toronto this year and can see it's an easy drive.

While it's not clear if I'll be able to attend with my British proof of vaccination (read they're only accepting NY paperwork), I assume they will sort something for out of state fans before the season.

So has anyone attended a road Bills Pats game, worth it.. or better to save for Foxboro which I've already been to a few times? If I wear a Pats jersey, will I be thrown through a table? Thanks :D

Have attended a couple of games there (two Pats and one vs Miami)

The stadium has great lines to watch because it's old school and not designed around luxury boxes.

Parking is haphazard since most is in people's yard.

Price is a great issue. In 2006, I talked with a couple at the Falls. They mentioned they make the trip because the cost of driving to Western NY, two nights hotel, eats, game attendance was still much less than attending in Foxboro.

Last edited:
Have attended a couple of games there (two Pats and one vs Miami)

The stadium has great lines to watch because it's old school and not designed around luxury boxes.

Parking is haphazard since most is in people's yard.

Price is a great issue. In 2006, I talked with a couple at the falls. They mentioned they make the trip because the cost of driving to Western NY, two nights hotel, eats, game attendance was still much less than attending in Foxboro.
I never made the trip but the stadium views sound nice. Prices may be climbing though for parking and accommodations now that the Bills are back in contention.

I never made the trip but the stadium views sound nice. Prices may be climbing though for parking and accommodations now that the Bills are back in contention.

That should prudently be assumed.

I live in Cleveland, so I go see the Patriots in Buffalo most years. It was a great bargain when the Bills were struggling, especially if the game was late in the season and the Bills were something like 4-9 and fans had given up. I'm not sure what the prices will look like this year, now that the Bills are good.

You will see tons of Patriots fans there. Lots of families drive out from Mass., do Niagara Falls on Saturday and the game on Sunday.

I second the above comment about sight lines. It's a good basic place to watch a game.

It never felt dangerous to be there as a Pats fan, other than the year after Deflategate and a Buffalo radio station and billboards were hyping things. Even then, there was just a little tension. Cheer the Patriots and don't talk trash and all should be fine.

I have friends that are into RV's and make the trip every year, its a very inexpensive trip.

There are a small handful of stadiums where I would never openly root for the road team.

Buffalo is one of them.

I've been several times. As a kid we sat in the rowdy section known as rockpile and found a few drinks thrown at us but more recently we get better seats and problems went away.

Buffalo - always wanted to go there, could never convince anyone to do the road trip

my road experiences
New Orleans - was fine
Jacksonville - was fine
Houston- was fine
New York
Giants - was fine, fans were actually fun to talk to
Jets - dangerous and volatile... it was the first time I ever felt unsafe
Chicago - was mostly fine... end of the game, a few fans postured in a threatening manner, were shut down by the other bear fans in the area...

Buffalo fans are fairly obnoxious if they are winning. They posture, point and laugh, they're jerks. They get pretty timid when they're losing.

Patriots fans (at Gillette at least) are so entitled they regularly threaten and assult their own kind over someone standing during the game. So we can't get too high horse over the behavior of others.

There are a small handful of stadiums where I would never openly root for the road team.

Buffalo is one of them.
I got sucker punched by a man in his 50s climbing up the stairs at a Dolphins game in Miami in 2004. I had just turned 18, so he got lucky. I can’t imagine Bills fans would be that bad. My company gave us suite tickets to the Jags/Bills playoff game a few years back and I saw a couple of fist fights but nothing bad. Most of the problems were just those idiots leaving broken tables in the parking lots after the game and setting them on fire. They have the IQ of a gnat.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back