PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather bust going for the upside of Maye than trade him away and watch him become great and picking a game manager like JJ McCarthy.

You have to trust your coaching to get the best out of a guy with rare talents, if the Giants and Vikings are so horny for Maye you have to wonder what would give anyone any confidence the Patriots know better than O'Connell and Daboll?

If multiple teams with good offensive coaches are considering giving up the farm for a guy that would make me wonder why i can't see it.

Can we take Maye...then trade him to whoever takes McCarthy for J.J.+ picks/players?

LOL, Maye wearing a suit almost identical to Mac's three years ago.

If the Patriots are going to trade back (and they should) then it is almost Times Up!

Although they may wait until Washington plays its hand...

If you take maye you sit him till at least week 14 and try to lose as many close games as possible before you name him the starter. Hopefully you end up with a top 5 pick again next year and get your OT in 2025. Pick or trade for a WR with 34. WR’s usually take a year to get their feet under them, where top OT prospects usually can play effectively right away. We ain’t winning the the SB this year, and we don’t need another participation trophy playoff year like we had Macs rookie season

This kid has been interesting throughout this process:

I really like the idea of holding the Cardinals hostage for at least an extra third round pick by telling them we’ll let the chargers leap frog them for their preferred WR unless they poney up. Seems risky but I don’t really think
It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes