PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

'07-'08 Patriots most hyped team in NFL History?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts???

Maybe this year, usually it has been the Colts over the past 7 years who are over hyped. THe Pats will be pretty over-hyped if they don't win the SB.

If they win the SB they won't be over-hyped at all.

Still a lot of hype to go before they dethrone the '03 and 04 Colts.:rolleyes: :bricks:

Honestly, keeping this on a genuine level (despite your initial post), I think this Pats team is pretty hyped, but pretty much on the same level as the Colts have been MANY times over the last several years.

Thoughts???

Its all about the $$$. If they can write about a team, and sell more, they will. We're the flavour of the month. Don't mean a thing till the Bru makes snow angels.

Honestly, keeping this on a genuine level (despite your initial post), I think this Pats team is pretty hyped, but pretty much on the same level as the Colts have been MANY times over the last several years.

oh trust me it was a genuine question

Thoughts???
Jealous? Why do you care? You used to use hype to justify the Colts existence when they choked year after year. When you lost, at least you had Pete Prisco to stroke you.

We don't give a crap what the talking heads think, or who they hype. They are a bunch of morons who will jump on the bandwagon of whatever team is hot, and will jomp off just as quickly.

I know which team is the best this year, which team improved itself and which didn't.

Jealous? Why do you care? You used to use hype to justify the Colts existence when they choked year after year. When you lost, at least you had Pete Prisco to stroke you.

We don't give a crap what the talking heads think, or who they hype. They are a bunch of morons who will jump on the bandwagon of whatever team is hot, and will jomp off just as quickly.

I know which team is the best this year, which team improved itself and which didn't.

I like all of the hostile comments coming my way when I didn't even mention my home team in my initial post......oh, And I know what team won the superbowl and which didn't :rolleyes: it doesn't look like my team was the one that needed to make drastic changes

Last edited:
I like all of the hostile comments coming my way when I didn't even mention my home team in my initial post......oh, And I know what team won the superbowl and which didn't :rolleyes: it doesn't look like my team was the one that needed to make drastic changes

I'm sure you've earned yourself those "hostile" posts.

You should also know that the Colts didn't belong there because Kelvin Hayden CLEARLY interfered with Reche Caldwell on what would have been a TD reception while HOBBS committed "face-guarding," a rule that has not been in effect for the past decade (or more) according to the NFL's Director of Officiating.

Gee.. Your so smart. With a name like, TOUCHDOWNCOLTS, we would have thought from your initial post that you were a Jaguars fan....:rolleyes:

lousy reffing helps too.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its all about the $$$. If they can write about a team, and sell more, they will. We're the flavour of the month. Don't mean a thing till the Bru makes snow angels.

Good point. If you have content that will sell papers/get viewers, why not be all over it? With that said, I do think they are the most over hyped I've seen in a long while. It's more of the story lines people tend to fall in love with. "Will Moss and Stallworth behave?" "Is Brady getting any one else pregnent?" Just stupid little ticky tack things that don't have a lot to do with what happens between the lines.

I've found it's human nature around these parts that when backed into a corner, you flip the script and put the accuser under the microscope. It gets the pressure off yourself and circumvents any worries of you having to explain yourself.;)

certainly a very hyped team... i dont remember any team ever being 2:1 favorites to win the super bowl? does anyone? XXXVI we were 50:1...
i think it is a fair question... was there ever a team with lower than 2:1 odds to win the SB?

I've found it's human nature around these parts that when backed into a corner, you flip the script and put the accuser under the microscope. It gets the pressure off yourself and circumvents any worries of you having to explain yourself.;)
this from a proven liar with multiple screen names.why dont you just pay your lost bets and stop embarrassing yourself.

Yeah TD Colts you are 1000% correct; the Patriots "ran" out after they lost the AFC Championship game and made all of these changes in personnel (when you lose, isn't that usually what happens?) , while your team basically did jack and let a number of players from a Super Bowl winner walk, to be replaced with players taken in an incredibly weak draft.

Hey, gloat all you can WHILE you can, right now everyone is 0-0, including you defending SB Champion Colts.

To answer your initial question, yes, there is WAY too much hype for my liking, but as others have pointed out to you, your team got the same treatment in 03 and 04.

Being a Colts fan, PLEASE explain to me how your team came here in 04 and should have blown the Patriots off the field, yet put up a grand total of 3 points.

And you Ballsack4ever, now I know why you continue to hang around here; to get your petty, cheap, childish, below the belt shots in whenever you can, you friggin king of the trolls that you have become and will always be.

You've got balls the size of King Kongs to talk about ANY friggin team being overhyped; your Doofins of a couple of years ago, the team with the whopping 9-7 record (win #9 coming vs the third stringers of the Patriots, but we all know you hold onto that win like grim ****ing death, the cheap ass, lame ass, pathetic win that it was) was the darlings of the media last year, predicted to go to the Super Bowl. Plus, we all remember your instant troll HOF thread to remind us all of that.

Please get a clue you ******* ******.

Last edited:
Yeah TD Colts you are 1000% correct; the Patriots "ran" out after they lost the AFC Championship game and made all of these changes in personnel (when you lose, isn't that usually what happens?) , while your team basically did jack and let a number of players from a Super Bowl winner walk, to be replaced with players taken in an incredibly weak draft.

Hey, gloat all you can WHILE you can, right now everyone is 0-0, including you defending SB Champion Colts.

Exactly. Dolts fans should enjoy it while it lasts because I guarantee it's not going to last long. Instead of being overly concerned about the abundance of hype this season's Patriots have received, Dolts fans should be concerned about what their team's already putrid defense is going to do after losing some of its key players.

And you Ballsack4ever, now I know why you continue to hang around here; to get your petty, cheap, childish, below the belt shots in whenever you can, you friggin king of the trolls that you have become and will always be.

You've got balls the size of King Kongs to talk about ANY friggin team being overhyped; your Doofins of a couple of years ago, the team with the whopping 9-7 record (win #9 coming vs the third stringers of the Patriots, but we all know you hold onto that win like grim ****ing death, the cheap ass, lame ass, pathetic win that it was) was the darlings of the media last year, predicted to go to the Super Bowl. Plus, we all remember your instant troll HOF thread to remind us all of that.

Please get a clue you ******* ******.

As far as AquaWelch4Ever is concerned, he is on a fast track to first-time induction into the Troll Hall of Fame. What an achievement................

Exactly. Dolts fans should enjoy it while it lasts because I guarantee it's not going to last long. Instead of being overly concerned about the abundance of hype this season's Patriots have received, Dolts fans should be concerned about what their team's already putrid defense is going to do after losing some of its key players.

As far as AquaWelch4Ever is concerned, he is on a fast track to first-time induction into the Troll Hall of Fame. What an achievement................

No you just don't like me, big difference.

Why won't it last long? Last time I checked the Colts still have the best QB in the NFL, the best pair of WRs in the NFL and still carry a solid ground game. When at their best, you can't stop their offense.

For the record, my name's Aqua4Ever04, you said it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back