PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Seahawks wanting to immigrate to Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Zolak's job was to yell like a caveman.

And THAT'S where the narrative breaks down. The Problem with a Sherman trade is a similar one to the problem the Saints have with Butler, which is the double whammy of of BOTH paying the big money AND giving up the huge draft pick.

Butler signs his tender

Saints trade back #32 to the Pats for Butler

Pats trade #32 to Seattle for Sherman

Amendola restructured - saving $5m

Pats cap space goes from $21m to $19m..

In that scenario they are basically trading Butler for Sherman and only taking on a $2m cap hit.

Here we go again. What's the count on rumors left unfulfilled so far (in no particular order):

D. Revis
D. Hopkins
R. Sherman
M. Lynch (most recent)
A. Peterson
D. Jackson
B. Marshall

Some seemed to gain a bit more traction than others, but these are just a few of the ones I can remember. Did I get most of them?

These Rex Ryan/Pete Carroll "player's coaches" are just great until years pass without the success the team was expecting. When everything is going well, they are the best coaches in the league, and by far the best coaches to play for, rather than evil Bill Belichick. Funny how the pundits - who once proclaimed an undisciplined, "fun" environment for players to be the model of excellence - are nowhere to be found, too busy with their mock drafts that look just like they guy next to them.

Worst Visual Evah: **** McPherson hugging every player after the evil that was 1992 They looked embarrassed to be on the same sideline as him. They were like "leave me alone man get off me."

Worst Visual Evah: **** McPherson hugging every player after the evil that was 1992 They looked embarrassed to be on the same sideline as him. They were like "leave me alone man get off me."

I remember that. I was embarrassed for him. Never going to bring a championship being a rah rah guy. Such as he was.

Here we go again. What's the count on rumors left unfulfilled so far (in no particular order):

D. Revis
D. Hopkins
R. Sherman
M. Lynch (most recent)
A. Peterson

D. Jackson
B. Marshall

Some seemed to gain a bit more traction than others, but these are just a few of the ones I can remember. Did I get most of them?

It has been a wild offseason because a lot of these (bolded) have actually been reported as fact, rather than just speculation based on circumstances, that there was real interest at one time, and no one has contested any of those reports. That doesn't even get into the free agency frenzy, the trades for Cooks, Allen, and Ealy, and the Butler situation, which clearly has legs based on the fact the Saints even worked him out. Probably the most active offseason, in terms of player movement, that I can recall in New England. From an excitement standpoint, second only to 2007, but we haven't even gotten to the draft yet.

I'll bet the experiences of Bennett have gotten the word out about the way things roll in Foxboro and Seattle would get some of that through the other Bennett....come, do your job, and people don't bug you much

it seems to be getting the attention of the more moody guys

It has been a wild offseason because a lot of these (bolded) have actually been reported as fact, rather than just speculation based on circumstances, that there was real interest at one time, and no one has contested any of those reports. That doesn't even get into the free agency frenzy, the trades for Cooks, Allen, and Ealy, and the Butler situation, which clearly has legs based on the fact the Saints even worked him out. Probably the most active offseason, in terms of player movement, that I can recall in New England. From an excitement standpoint, second only to 2007, but we haven't even gotten to the draft yet.
By "unfulfilled, " I meant that those guys are not on the roster... also went I also put "so far," as if to say that any of them could still happen, no matter how unlikely some of them actually are... Also why I didn't list the guys we acquired...

Last edited:
Not that I put any stock in this rumor but at this point in Lynch's career, I'm not sure he brings as much of an upgrade to us as we'd like to think.

I'd love to see Marshawn here just for his quotes. He's pure gold in front of the camera.

I'd love to see him for the weekly videos with he and Gronk.

I'd love to see Marshawn here just for his quotes. He's pure gold in front of the camera.
I think that would be pretty silent. Lynch doesn't like talking to the press and Belichick is not the sort to encourage his players to talk to the press.

People will take this much further than Zolak had it, and then they'll blame Zolak if it doesn't work out.

D. Revis
D. Hopkins
R. Sherman
M. Lynch (most recent)
A. Peterson
D. Jackson
B. Marshall

Looks like you've summed it up.

To be fair we should list the ones that came to reality. That would be......

1.) Brandin Cooks Trade

2.) Dont'a Hightower Return

I think that would be pretty silent. Lynch doesn't like talking to the press and Belichick is not the sort to encourage his players to talk to the press.

thats_the_joke.jpg

Those 2 players are arguably the "face" of the recent Seahawks. At least IMO. Those are the first 2 players I think of when I think of the Seahawks.

Sherman
Beastmode

That'd be pretty shocking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes