PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak: Seahawks wanting to immigrate to Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pom-Pom came back to Foxboro I would disavow this team.

Would be amazing however this could be just Legarette take this contract now or Marshawn will.
Malcolm We will bring in Sherman keep you as a 3 or fourth back greatly diminishing your value in free agency.
Don't F with us .

I happened to catch that. But what I thought was the bigger point he was making was that Lynch is interested in not so much interesting in coming to the Pats as he is interested in going to where his buddy Sherman is going next season (though Oakland remains the first choice)

And THAT'S where the narrative breaks down. The Problem with a Sherman trade is a similar one to the problem the Saints have with Butler, which is the double whammy of of BOTH paying the big money AND giving up the huge draft pick.

So everyone talks about how to pay Sherman 11MM/yr for the next 2 years, and forgets about the other elephant in the room, which is giving Seattle reasonable compensation for Sherman. So unless the situation in Seattle is so toxic that they'd let him go for something like a 4th or 5rh rounder, there WILL be no Sherman deal, and thus no Lynch deal.

It is fun though to fantasize a world where this kind of deal happens and the rest of the league collectively slashes their wrists or just "gives up" as Ryan Clark declared when the Sherman to NE rumor first surfaced. ';)

These Rex Ryan/Pete Carroll "player's coaches" are just great until years pass without the success the team was expecting. When everything is going well, they are the best coaches in the league, and by far the best coaches to play for, rather than evil Bill Belichick. Funny how the pundits - who once proclaimed an undisciplined, "fun" environment for players to be the model of excellence - are nowhere to be found, too busy with their mock drafts that look just like they guy next to them.

And keep Butler :eek:

Funny how the pundits - who once proclaimed an undisciplined, "fun" environment for players to be the model of excellence - are nowhere to be found, too busy with their mock drafts that look just like they guy next to them.

Yeah, I agree, it's not like Carroll has had a tremendous amount of success or anything and was a goal line INT away from repeating...

I won't lie... I'm so paranoid about troll headlines, I half expected this to link to an article by Dr. Ludvig Zolak, acclaimed bird expert, talking about surprising migratory patterns of the common seahawk.

I won't lie... I'm so paranoid about troll headlines, I half expected this to link to an article by Dr. Ludvig Zolak, acclaimed bird expert, talking about surprising migratory patterns of the common seahawk.
Oh, he's a well-known ornithologist and you'd migrate to his other works.

How reliable is Zolak when it comes to insider reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes