PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Typical Bills Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You're Typical Bills Fan

Now come on....lol

Last edited:

its cold, it snows a lot, people love football, it is the butt of many jokes, and drinking is more than just a hobby

That could also describe New England. Atleast when I was still living there, it could. Just sayin :D

They are both HOF'ers - they will end their careers as 2nd and 3rd on the all time list, they just cant catch Rice. TO has also had 2 extra years in the league and is over 3 years older than Randy - and what was the difference in TDs - yep only 4 (actually if you count post season its TO 4 and RM 8 - so a tie!!)

Can we count the number of dropped balls ;)

ok, here you go:

randy moss had 7 drops, and had 69 receptions
terrell owens had 9 drops, and had 69 receptions.

not all that far apart...

Getting the drop on Patriots receivers - AFC East - ESPN

Getting the drop on Bills receivers - AFC East - ESPN

We are getting close to that time of the year when Bills fans are going to show up and tell us how the Bills are going 12-4 and win the Super Bowl this year.

I pray that Evens555 has the guts to show up this year.

Who didn't see this topic veering the way it has? Anyone?

You know, of course, that the Headline for this thread is misspelled. right?

It should read "Your typical Bills Fan", vice "you're" which is a contraction of "You Are"..... :rolleyes:

Hey... it's boring this evening. ;)

Strange that Marv disappeared from this thread. Oh well. See you in four months, Marv!

We are getting close to that time of the year when Bills fans are going to show up and tell us how the Bills are going 12-4 and win the Super Bowl this year.

I pray that Evens555 has the guts to show up this year.

Actually here's the sig from one of the guys on billievers.com

3 things are certain in life: 1) Death 2) Taxes 3) Buffalo Bills go 7-9

Over on the Bills boards, they are talking about signing Vick, I have to laugh.

Some actually said that they will stop being Bills fans, if Vick signs with Buffalo.

I guess choking in four Straight Super Bowls and sucking up the joint since then is ok.

LOL

The Pats have seen their fair share of hard times and empty stadiums there T-Bone. We're well aware of our 4 straight SB losses. Thing is, we didn't go 18-0 and were expected to go undefeated. Given the recent Patriots SB appearance, "choke" is probably not the word I would use to describe another teams SB loss.

just love the envy and jealousy. can't wait for the circus with T.O consume whatever strenght that team has!

That's why they only signed him to a one year deal. If he creates problems, peace out.

Strange that Marv disappeared from this thread. Oh well. See you in four months, Marv!

Still around. The city stuff just got tiresome. Every place has its problems. Trust me, I won't trade my life for anyone's. I just find it hilarious that some people actually think it makes them a better person because of where they live. Personally, I'd rather have a very nice big house in a safe neighborhood for $200,000 than rent an 200 foot apartment for $2,000 a month. I also have a ton of friends in Boston, so I regularly go there. You guys should be happy I don't live there because Boston girls love the Buffalo accent. :D

Anyways, whatever you think about Buffalo, we have some of the most passionate fans in the NFL. How would fill their stadium like we do after a decade of suckiness? Anyways, for the first time in a long time, I think we have the firepower to compete with the Pats*. Since we haven't beaten them in forever, I'll just assume 2 losses. But I really think the Bills will be making some serious noise this season.

Buffalo is actually a great little city, most people haven't been there though, so they wouldn't know it.

The stadium is almost as far from Buffalo as Foxboro is from Boston.

Buffalo's homes and buildings were built at the turn of the century when the city was one of the richest in the world because of shipping and electricity. It's a beauty, an architectural goldmine, with nice natural surrounding including the Niagara River and gorge. The weather is quite nice as well. It's problems stem from poverty, but that's another story altogether.

I've lived in lots of American cities, and for a small city, Buffalo I would rate toward the top. It's equal to Providence, IMO, though I miss the beaches in Providence. I'd take Buffalo over Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Hartford, Charlotte, etc., and yes Jacksonville too.

The Pats have seen their fair share of hard times and empty stadiums there T-Bone. We're well aware of our 4 straight SB losses. Thing is, we didn't go 18-0 and were expected to go undefeated. Given the recent Patriots SB appearance, "choke" is probably not the word I would use to describe another teams SB loss.

they lost that game on a fluke play. the ultimate example of a choke would be the '04 yankees up 3-1 to the sox. alot of choking going on in that state.

Buffalo is actually a great little city, most people haven't been there though, so they wouldn't know it.

The stadium is almost as far from Buffalo as Foxboro is from Boston.

Buffalo's homes and buildings were built at the turn of the century when the city was one of the richest in the world because of shipping and electricity. It's a beauty, an architectural goldmine, with nice natural surrounding including the Niagara River and gorge. The weather is quite nice as well. It's problems stem from poverty, but that's another story altogether.

I've lived in lots of American cities, and for a small city, Buffalo I would rate toward the top. It's equal to Providence, IMO, though I miss the beaches in Providence. I'd take Buffalo over Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Hartford, Charlotte, etc., and yes Jacksonville too.

"The weather is quite nice as well"

Seriously.....:wha:
More wind than Chicago, about as much rain as Seattle and more snow than frickin Canada.... Sounds great, sign me up.

Since this conversation started I've been there 3 times on business and its only reinforced my experience/opinion of the town. Downtown was nice and Chippewa is..well Cheppewa (had a great time, hit E.B Greens and the B Chop House).
However, outside of that the dull doom and gloom appearance of the place, dillapidated housing, business fronts, streets, closed factories, half demolished Aud and general surroundings make it VERY unattractive.

Natural surroundings? The place is flat as a pancake, you can't see anything unless you actually go to it. Also the HUGE amount of ugly power lines from Niagara seem to be everywhere, especially taking into account that the tree lined streets are more or less tree-less or stumps (no $ for anything other than removal).
Buffalo enjoyed a brief period of prosperity and grew too large too fast to sustain. Now its got little going for it and no money to maintain what it has, good luck long term.
Go Bills (said in Canadian accent by guy w/a mullet)

Last edited:

"The weather is quite nice as well"

Seriously.....:wha:
More wind than Chicago, about as much rain as Seattle and more snow than frickin Canada.... Sounds great, sign me up.

Since this conversation started I've been there 3 times on business and its only reinforced my experience/opinion of the town. Downtown was nice and Chippewa is..well Cheppewa (had a great time, hit E.B Greens and the B Chop House).
However, outside of that the dull doom and gloom appearance of the place, dillapidated housing, business fronts, streets, closed factories, half demolished Aud and general surroundings make it VERY unattractive.

Natural surroundings? The place is flat as a pancake, you can't see anything unless you actually go to it. Also the HUGE amount of ugly power lines from Niagara seem to be everywhere, especially taking into account that the tree lined streets are more or less tree-less or stumps (no $ for anything other than removal).
Buffalo enjoyed a brief period of prosperity and grew too large too fast to sustain. Now its got little going for it and no money to maintain what it has, good luck long term.
Go Bills (said in Canadian accent by guy w/a mullet)

Chippewa is the worst part of the whole city. It's a joke. The Chop House sucks.

You've never been to the Elmwood Village? The Olmstead District? Here, have a look and then pan i all directions for a couple miles and you won't find a crappy home no matter how hard you try: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=300+l...nIsN&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1

That's like saying I've been to Boston 3 times. The booze cruise is great.

Here, read up: Buffalo shows its pride by embracing architectural treasures of the past -

Californians drawn here for the culture : City & Region : The Buffalo News

The place is an architectural jewel, beautiful buildings everywhere.

Buffalo's weather? Sounds like you're making stuff up.

Make Buffalo shine : Buffalo News Editorials : The Buffalo News

Read down to this paragraph:

One of Buffalo’s best-kept secrets is the fact that we have more sunny days from May through September than any other city in the Northeast—a factor that helped, along with combined efforts by organizers and the Buffalo Niagara Convention& Visitors Bureau, to bring the intercollegiate “Solar Splash” solar/electric boat competition to Delaware Park’s Hoyt Lake five years in a row.

Buffalo windy? Boston is much windier.

Average rainfall? Buffalo has the least rain of any city in the northeast. It's been totally without rain this spring so far.

Here: Buffalo Research.com: The Truth About Snow in Buffalo

We deal with four months of snow. And then come April, we get nothing but sunshine and partly cloudy days straight through to November.

Our summers aren't muggy either.

Natural surroundings:

Niagara_River_Gorge_Rapids0002.jpg

about%205.jpg

19782842.jpg

Last edited:

Wow...That guy comes off as a complete idiot.

"Chippewa is the worst part of the whole city."
Well, its where people (females age 21-30) seem to flock isn't it?
"It's a joke."
Only if you are.
"The Chop House sucks."
Agreed

I spent 4 years there in school, I know what the city looks like and I'm not buying what your BUFFALO NEWS articles are selling. Don't tell me it has been a dry Spring when it rained both times I was there (wtf?).
News Flash on Buffalo's statistical wind as it relates to Boston or Chicago:
Boston and Chicago experience a fairly steady and predictable wind and Buffalo's is comparable if not lower (mundane topic of avg velocities). The big difference and what makes Buffalo "windier" is that it has a much higher frequency of high winds while the number of gales (above 40mph) highly exceeds Boston and Chicago. I'll take a constant and pleasant breeze to being blown off my feet any day (and I guess your not a boater).
Buffalo having nice summers is kind of an oxymoron considering that Spring comes late, Fall is short and Winter comes early.
I'll take my NE early Springs and Indian Summers where in any given year NE was many more warm sunny days than Buffalo's abbreviated Summer.

You choose to live there, good for you. Thats not a reason to sell the few good points of the place like a travel agent on Prozac (or a hallucinigen for that matter).

Buffalo is a picture of poverty regardless of how many decades old interesting architecture there might be in certain places. The vast majority of the local populace lives above their means which is clearly below yours, and could care less about interesting architecture.
I was there recently with Buffalo natives, all of which have good if not great state or federal jobs and none agree with your assessment (they know the state of the city pretty well as it happens to be their business).

"Chippewa is the worst part of the whole city."
Well, its where people (females age 21-30) seem to flock isn't it?
"It's a joke."
Only if you are.
"The Chop House sucks."
Agreed

I spent 4 years there in school, I know what the city looks like and I'm not buying what your BUFFALO NEWS articles are selling. Don't tell me it has been a dry Spring when it rained both times I was there (wtf?).
News Flash on Buffalo's statistical wind as it relates to Boston or Chicago:
Boston and Chicago experience a fairly steady and predictable wind and Buffalo's is comparable if not lower (mundane topic of avg velocities). The big difference and what makes Buffalo "windier" is that it has a much higher frequency of high winds while the number of gales (above 40mph) highly exceeds Boston and Chicago. I'll take a constant and pleasant breeze to being blown off my feet any day (and I guess your not a boater).
Buffalo having nice summers is kind of an oxymoron considering that Spring comes late, Fall is short and Winter comes early.
I'll take my NE early Springs and Indian Summers where in any given year NE was many more warm sunny days than Buffalo's abbreviated Summer.

You choose to live there, good for you. Thats not a reason to sell the few good points of the place like a travel agent on Prozac (or a hallucinigen for that matter).

Buffalo is a picture of poverty regardless of how many decades old interesting architecture there might be in certain places. The vast majority of the local populace lives above their means which is clearly below yours, and could care less about interesting architecture.
I was there recently with Buffalo natives, all of which have good if not great state or federal jobs and none agree with your assessment (they know the state of the city pretty well as it happens to be their business).

OhMyGod, are you like this in real life or just message boards? You were here 2 days and now you're an authority? ROFL!!

Freakin A', I gave you the stats, and PROVED it with FACTS.

You've got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case