PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys need to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
Givens, you may have a point with, as of right NOW. We just don't have a replacement. But we have 5 months to address it. We find #2, we're all set. That's not to hard to do.

Willie Mac, he'll always be one of my favorites. But the writing was on the wall. His production was goin down (and check the stats, they don't lie) Sure, he makes big plays, so does Vrabel, who is even more productive at THIS point in their careers. So I'm not really worried that much about LB.

Kicker, your point is very valid. I don't think the Pats expected to lose Adam, nor do I think we'll find a better replacement.

But saying we need to re-build? Nonsense. We have plenty of time to adress all of those needs, and we have a draft coming up. That draft will add youth to the LB, safety, and RB position. Which sets us for the future.

I don't think your wrong in saying we have some holes, but re-builiding? No. This team is not far off from the Steelers at all even. We'll be OK, we have some holes, but we have 5 months to fill those holes.

SteelCity said:
A lot of you guys are good posters who have very well reasoned posts about your team's moves. Yeah there has been some noise but I should've expected it becuase I am from another team's board.

You guys made some good points and I appreciate the feedback.

Steel City why can't you admit we kicked your butt in the Super Bowl. Why can't you admit the refs gave it to the Squeelers. Why can't you admit the Squeelers and Patsies are two suck teams in the horrible AFSt!nk.

Seahawks will win two Super Bowls in a row this year, and soon to be the team of the millenium.

SEA HAWKER said:
Steel City why can't you admit we kicked your butt in the Super Bowl. Why can't you admit the refs gave it to the Squeelers. Why can't you admit the Squeelers and Patsies are two suck teams in the horrible AFSt!nk.

Seahawks will win two Super Bowls in a row this year, and soon to be the team of the millenium.
IF you get back to the superbowl this year, better hope that it isn't the Pats or Steelers looking at you across the line ;) ;) ;)

You bitter seahawk fans don't ever stop drinking, do you?

Go pick a fight elsewhere.

If you're gonna post here, please make it sensible. You make yourself look like a fool, fool.

Now, go away!!

arrellbee said:
IF you get back to the superbowl this year, better hope that it isn't the Pats or Steelers looking at you across the line ;) ;) ;)

Oh so now you two AFSt!nk teams are ganging up. Get a clue. We beat Pittsburgh except on the scoreboard. We would have beaten you too. Oh but you never got there. You played that wonderful and typical AFSt!ink game against the Donks (another piece of crap team).

borisman said:
You bitter seahawk fans don't ever stop drinking, do you?

Go pick a fight elsewhere.

If you're gonna post here, please make it sensible. You make yourself look like a fool, fool.

Now, go away!!

Who the heck are you??? Nobody is picking a fight. We were robbed in the SuperBowl just like Carolina and St. Louis were robbed when you played them in the SB. Taglibue probably gets royalties when an AFSt!nk team wins.

PatsWorldChamps said:
funny post... givens=barely a #2 nfl WR.. willie=oldest LB in the NFL... sorry, career over...AV= LOL... 2 kicks... that's it... great move to dump him.
wow.....ur an idiot. givens, barely a #2???? thats funny since he lead the team in receptions last year. willie is not the oldest LB and if he was, he still produces better than most others. 2 KICKS???? are you joking?? without willie and "AV", the pats DO NOT win all those SB's

SEA HAWKER said:
Who the heck are you??? Nobody is picking a fight. We were robbed in the SuperBowl just like Carolina and St. Louis were robbed when you played them in the SB. Taglibue probably gets royalties when an AFSt!nk team wins.
:rofl:

:blahblah:

:violent:

:horn: Time to sober-up and face reality.

BelichickFan said:
What's wrong with me is you act like we lost Brady, Branch and Seymour.

We lost our #2 WR (as did you, btw), a 34 year old OLB who'll be missed but we have Vrabel and Colvin and a kicker who was 4-8 from 40+ last year.

BFD.
stop trying to say adam was a terrible kicker, he was and is the best clutch kicker in the history of the game. and we could very easily lose seymour, who will most likely go to free agency(if he doesnt, either the pats overpay or hes an idiot), and branch will prob go to F.A. also.

SEA HAWKER said:
Oh so now you two AFSt!nk teams are ganging up. Get a clue. We beat Pittsburgh except on the scoreboard. We would have beaten you too. Oh but you never got there. You played that wonderful and typical AFSt!ink game against the Donks (another piece of crap team).
lol....yea i hate when we beat a team, then lost to them on the "scoreboard". that whole "scoreboard" thing is a relatively big thing in football. and when it says u lose by 11, i dont think u "beat them". and please tell me who the hell the seahawks beat that was of any substance?? carolina...please they didnt have a RB. indy....yea u beat there practice squad. u BARELY beat the giants. u lost to the skins and jags(we mauled them). any afc team in the playoffs would have beaten the seahawks.

SEA HAWKER said:

how can a team win 2 superbowls in ONE year??? last time i checked that was pretty hard. the "squeelers"(ur one funny guy), and the "patsies"(ur on a roll) would demolish the sea****s. and i dont see how the seahawks have gotten better, considering u lost the anchor of the left side of the o-line and signed a injury prone LB to an enormous contract.

Someday you'll grow up...

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
lol....yea i hate when we beat a team, then lost to them on the "scoreboard". that whole "scoreboard" thing is a relatively big thing in football. and when it says u lose by 11, i dont think u "beat them". and please tell me who the hell the seahawks beat that was of any substance?? carolina...please they didnt have a RB. indy....yea u beat there practice squad. u BARELY beat the giants. u lost to the skins and jags(we mauled them). any afc team in the playoffs would have beaten the seahawks.

The SeaHawks used to play in the big leagues. Then you migrated to the minor league NFC, and then ended up in the poorest division in that minor league. I'll give y'all credit; you were the best of that poor collection but don't come here and tell me all your victories over the 49ers, (!), Cardinals(!?!!) and Rams, a.500 club at best, count for all that much. Beating up on these clowns might have gotten you in to the Power Ranking Top Ten as the only NFC Team, but it cuts no ice among the big boys of the AFC.

SEA HAWKER said:

Oh yeah...those rams and panthers sure were robbed. I mean, I remember all the espn people complaining about the poor officiating and what not after those superbowls. Oh wait, that was last years superbowl. During those two superbowls, the only question the commentators were answering was whether they were the best superbowls ever.

I can't believe you would even suggest the rams were robbed. The Pats just had a better game plan and the Rams were to stubborn to adapt and overcome. Tagliabue didn't ask the Rams to not pick up the blitz from vrabel and force kurt warner to throw the pick to Ty Law for a TD. Besides the Refs were fair in that game when they called a holding call against the Rams on a play where the Rams were at the Pats 2 yd line and fumbled and Tebucky Jones returned the fumble for a touchdown. To say the Rams were robbed is just plain stupid.

The same can be said for the Panthers. Tagliabue didn't tell John Kasay to kick the ball out of bounds. In a way I'm glad Tagliabue is retiring so when the Patriots win the SB next year all the stupid fans of other teams will shut up about him helping the Pats win.

AzPatsFan said:
The SeaHawks used to play in the big leagues. Then you migrated to the minor league NFC, and then ended up in the poorest division in that minor league. I'll give y'all credit; you were the best of that poor collection but don't come here and tell me all your victories over the 49ers, (!), Cardinals(!?!!) and Rams, a.500 club at best, count for all that much. Beating up on these clowns might have gotten you in to the Power Ranking Top Ten as the only NFC Team, but it cuts no ice among the big boys of the AFC.

Do some research. We volunteered to move ot the NFC because the
AFSt!nk stopped playing defense. It was in our best interest to play in the NFC where real football is played. Who knew that the refs would steal three Super Bowls from us. Us, the Rams, and Carolina all got screwed. You know it and I know it.

By the way, ever heard of the Supersonics, Mariners, University of Washington, Gaylord Perry, Sue Bird, Jim Zorn, Dave Kreig, etc,. etc?

I'd like to see your list. Oh wait, they all can't wait to leave i.e. Vinitieri, Givens, McGinnest, Damon, Larry Bird, Joe Thornton, Borque. It's pathetic how your city and fans treats its stars.

SEA HAWKER said:
AFSt!nk stopped playing defense. It was in our best interest to play in the NFC where real football is played. Who knew that the refs would steal three Super Bowls from us. Us, the Rams, and Carolina all got screwed. You know it and I know it.

By the way, ever heard of the Supersonics, Mariners, University of Washington, Gaylord Perry, Sue Bird, Jim Zorn, Dave Kreig, etc,. etc?

I'd like to see your list. Oh wait, they all can't wait to leave i.e. Vinitieri, Givens, McGinnest, Damon, Larry Bird, Joe Thornton, Borque. It's pathetic how your city and fans treats its stars.

Too much coffee out there? :enranged: :enranged:

SteelCity said:
I can't believe all they key guys you guys have just lost.........

Givins is such a big game receiver.

Willie is huge in big games..... he causes so much havoc rushing the passer from just about any front 7 position. He is another big gamer.

Adam V.......... This guy's big game credentials are outstanding.

I hope nobody get offended by my post because I was just thinking about how great those players were in big games. Losing one of those guys would be a huge loss but losing all of them???? Wow....

The rebuilding started the day after we lost to Denver. But it's more like retooling...bringing in new young players and getting the team to be faster than last year. Only losing givens represents a hurdle...so it's really notbad at all...lateral moves.

SEA HAWKER said:

Don't give me that crap; I lived in Seattle for 5 years. The Hawks were treated like last weeks kitty litter. The Sonics and Mariners got all the coverage that the colleges didn't get...

You guys like feeding little 12 year old trolls much?

BionicPatriot said:
You guys like feeding little 12 year old trolls much?
Yeah, I realized that and gave up after my two posts. I didn't think of it as a 12-year old troll. I thought it was a bitter, drunk, irrational, senseless, confused, disillusional, pathetic, uninformed, sheltered, wannabe, know-nothing whatever.
And I'm being conservative here.

SEA HAWKER said:

OK, I'll bite. It's too easy. Are we to compare Boston/NE athletes to Seattle's to show that we have some good ones too? Well let's see....

Supersonics --- Celtics (I'm pretty sure the Celts have won as many championships as the Sonics.)
Mariners --- Red Sox (Ditto there.)
University of Washington --- (We don't value college sports highly here, with all the pro action. In New England the NCAA is seen as sort of a minor league diversion, except for March Madness, where UMass has made the Final Four.)
Gaylord Perry --- Babe Ruth (Ruth probably has at least that much name recognition.)
Sue Bird --- Who? (I'll just throw in Larry Bird for a name match.)
Jim Zorn --- Tom Brady (Surely Brady has reached the point by now where his resume is as accomplished as Zorn's.)
Dave Kreig --- Jim Plunkett (You might have me here. Plunkett did his championship work after leaving the Patriots, but Kreig didn't win that many titles while in Seattle either.)
etc., etc. --- Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, etc., etc.

I think the Boston list measures up to Seattle's, or at least comes reasonably close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back