PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You guys need to rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
shakadave said:
OK, I'll bite. It's too easy. Are we to compare Boston/NE athletes to Seattle's to show that we have some good ones too? Well let's see....

Supersonics --- Celtics (I'm pretty sure the Celts have won as many championships as the Sonics.)
Mariners --- Red Sox (Ditto there.)
University of Washington --- (We don't value college sports highly here, with all the pro action. In New England the NCAA is seen as sort of a minor league diversion, except for March Madness, where UMass has made the Final Four.)
Gaylord Perry --- Babe Ruth (Ruth probably has at least that much name recognition.)
Sue Bird --- Who? (I'll just throw in Larry Bird for a name match.)
Jim Zorn --- Tom Brady (Surely Brady has reached the point by now where his resume is as accomplished as Zorn's.)
Dave Kreig --- Jim Plunkett (You might have me here. Plunkett did his championship work after leaving the Patriots, but Kreig didn't win that many titles while in Seattle either.)
etc., etc. --- Bill Russell, Bobby Orr, Ted Williams, etc., etc.

I think the Boston list measures up to Seattle's, or at least comes reasonably close!

I'm not sure I appreciate your sarcasm. The only thing I'll say is you are a good spin doctor but that's it. By the way, Zorn is a household name in Seattle. Can you factualy say that about Brady? Nice try!

SEA HAWKER said:
I'm not sure I appreciate your sarcasm. The only thing I'll say is you are a good spin doctor but that's it. By the way, Zorn is a household name in Seattle. Can you factualy say that about Brady? Nice try!

"Zorn" in Native American means "trolls with little peckers'. That why it's a household name in Seattle.:rocker:

PATSNUTme said:
"Zorn" in Native American means "trolls with little peckers'. That why it's a household name in Seattle.:rocker:

Time to quit hanging out at the mall NUMNUTSme. Now apply your Clearasil and get back to class. Just another brilliant AFSt!nk response.

SEA HAWKER said:
Time to quit hanging out at the mall NUMNUTSme. Now apply your Clearasil and get back to class. Just another brilliant AFSt!nk response.

I thought it was good. And, I didn't make fun of you sign in name, did I SEA WHORER?

Time for trolls to go back under the rock they came out of.

SEA HAWKER said:

Well you did say "I'd like to see your list".

Brady may not yet have the name recognition Zorn has, I'll admit, but after attending the State of the Union as a guest of the President, hosting Saturday Night Live, playing well in several post-season football games, and winning Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year 2005, he's at least made a good start towards approximating Zorn's fame. Give him another 5-7 years and he might surprise you and start rising toward Zornness!

shakadave said:
Well you did say "I'd like to see your list".

Brady may not yet have the name recognition Zorn has, I'll admit, but after attending the State of the Union as a guest of the President, hosting Saturday Night Live, playing well in several post-season football games, and winning Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year 2005, he's at least made a good start towards approximating Zorn's fame. Give him another 5-7 years and he might surprise you and start rising toward Zornness!

Are you kidding me?
We are comparing Jim Zorn to Tom Brady?

That would be like comparing George Bush to the mayor of Podunk Iowa in name recognition.

Anyway...

... the Patriots rebuild after *every* year these past six. So, one more time. Maybe we'll get it right and even win a Superbowl or something.

---------------------

"Sir, the Nazis say they've got us surrounded on all sides. Say if we don't surrender we'll all be ghosts by the morning. What do you say, sir?"

"Nuts."

AndyJohnson said:
That would be like comparing George Bush to the mayor of Podunk Iowa in name recognition.

How dare you insult the mayor of Podunk Iowa like that.

Well this is a new twist......

SteelCity said:
Belichickfan....

I have always been very impressed with those 3 guys. In my opionion they were critical to the pats success in recent years.

I don't get how anybody can act like losing these 3 is nothing.....

Do you really think givens isn't a big deal? I think the guy is a heck of a posession receiver.

That 34 year old LB you speak of is a terror as a situation pass rusher. How many sacks did he register against the Jags? 3? 4?.... yeah... he's real washed up.

And how can you minimize your kicker? That's just insane.

A STEALER fan that has more LOVE and respect for the players that the Pats lost.....than most of the fans here...No THAT is insane....PS...do you need a tissue ;)

Aha Ha Ha Ha Haahaa

SEA HAWKER said:

Did you say that Jim Zorn's name is more recognizeable than Tom Brady's in their respective cities???? HA HA HA HA HA.....Have you ever been to Boston D-bag!!!! EVERYONE.....knows Tom Brady!!!!........PS Zorn couldn't carry Brady's jock either,.....

Can't believe I'm responding but...

1) Uh, Seattle lost. At the end of the game they had fewer points. They have never won a super bowl. Oddly enough, you only hear "we wuz robbed" arguments from teams that never won. When your team's won but loses THIS year, you hear - they didn't do enough to win it.

2) All this AFStink stuff? Uh, the NFC has been the weak sister for a number of years. You know this.

3) I need to say this, and no butt-kissing intended, but: the Steelers are our dopplegangers in this league. Look in the mirror, and they look back. Same value approach, same early shift to the 3-4, same no-excuses toughness. Hey Seattle - it's a good model. Look into it.

4) Talk to me about how the sky is falling in New England next fall. We're about a week and a half into free agency. We don't even know what's happening in the DRAFT yet, for God's sake. You lose your departing guys around now. You CAN sign your incoming guys now. Unless you're not just buying the superstar names ( a la Washington.)

5) YO! Latte MANNNNN! Can I get a HALF-CAFFFFFFFFF??? Come on dude. This is reminding me of co-Seattlite Kurt Cobain - always shooting off his mouth.

Respectively,

PFnV

Um, AFC titles?

SEA HAWKER said:
Do some research. We volunteered to move ot the NFC because the
AFSt!nk stopped playing defense. It was in our best interest to play in the NFC where real football is played. Who knew that the refs would steal three Super Bowls from us. Us, the Rams, and Carolina all got screwed. You know it and I know it.

By the way, ever heard of the Supersonics, Mariners, University of Washington, Gaylord Perry, Sue Bird, Jim Zorn, Dave Kreig, etc,. etc?

I'd like to see your list. Oh wait, they all can't wait to leave i.e. Vinitieri, Givens, McGinnest, Damon, Larry Bird, Joe Thornton, Borque. It's pathetic how your city and fans treats its stars.

How many SB's did your team manage to get to out of the AFC...or maybe a better question could be how many playoff games in the AFC did the Hawks ever win...anyway, it's all a moot point, since this is a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS fan site...it's over, this is a dead topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back