PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You be the Offensive Coordinator

No. The INT against the Raiders will always be worse. He was not pressured, flushed himself out to the right for no reason, could have run for a first down, had two guys wide open, and threw back across his body right to the Raiders defender, who wasn't within 5 yards of either of them.

That might be the worst INT I've seen in the time I've watched the NFL. I've literally seen nothing quite like it.
The pick 6 against the saints was right up there.
Of course who can forget last years vs the Bears.

10 is competing against himself in the worst pick ever contest

Last edited:
Man what is Lowe even doing there? Anyway it's pressure from his guy that led Mac to doing his patented backfoot noodle sling.

A real QB would have stepped into the throw and been rewarded with a TD. Blaming Lowe misses the point. Was his block good, no, but it was adequate to score a TD. There seems to be some kind of curse that QB's, Newton and Jones are unable to complete slam dunk opportunities.

No excuse for that throw period. Obviously he has some kind of psychological problem or excess anxiety as root cause. Its not physical.
Problem is that severe psychological stress is unlikely to be fixable for him in the BB organization.
Yes time to move on. He has the yips.
Like Rick Ankiel and Daniel Bard in mlb.

I don't think we can jump to any conclusions on this play until we hear from the board's expert on adequate protection - @Rob0729

over it dead horse GIF

Hes in front of his man and keeping him from doing more then reaching an arm towards Mac. Granted its not a pristine pocket but in NFL terms that is a reasonable pocket i would expect ALL NFL caliber QBs to be able to work in. **** i would expect 95% of college caliber QBs and 60% of HS QBs to be able to work in that. He has the time to spot a wide open man in the endzone for the go ahead TD oline job done now its on the skill players. Gesicki was even more open then i remember, he has his man beat by yards, forget NFL thats HS football open! Macs pass is so bad the defender is in a full panic oh **** sprint backwards and he STILL underthrows him that he has to come back for the ball to intercept it. I didnt want to be too prisoner of the moment cuz holy crap has Tebow thrown some doozies but that is THE worst NFL pass i have ever seen thrown. It single handedly changed my opinion from get Mac some help and i believe he can at least be an adequate starter to get him off the team for a bag of peanuts. His time in NE is done and we need to move on.
Yup, that pass also changed my mind. Mac might still end up being a good NFL starter, but agree his time is done in Foxboro. Either we broke him or he broke down....doesn't matter anymore. Time to move on.

And there was no reason that pass should have been side armed...off the back of his foot...okay..but it the pass was over the top...that ball would have had a better chance.

No. The INT against the Raiders will always be worse. He was not pressured, flushed himself out to the right for no reason, could have run for a first down, had two guys wide open, and threw back across his body right to the Raiders defender, who wasn't within 5 yards of either of them.

That might be the worst INT I've seen in the time I've watched the NFL. I've literally seen nothing quite like it.

That was bad too....but think the Frankfurt one was the worst...

A real QB would have stepped into the throw and been rewarded with a TD. Blaming Lowe misses the point. Was his block good, no, but it was adequate to score a TD. There seems to be some kind of curse that QB's, Newton and Jones are unable to complete slam dunk opportunities.

Yep; in fact Low's guy is being pushed in front and past him when Corky did what he did... If he had shown just a heartbeat more patience, the dude would've been completely gone from his field of vision.

That throw wasn't just Bad; it was Inexplicably Bad. If you showed the tape of the game to an American Football-loving Vulcan and asked him to break down that play, his head would explode.

Regardless of all the excuses, Mac Jones is done. He has been for some time. Are you listening and watching Bob Kraft?

If I was OC I’d be absolutely hammered drunk every game. Only way to make it’s through with some sanity.

Corky sees defenders in front of him every time he lines up to take a snap.

Your explanation tells us why he panics every time.

And that play the defender in question was still four to five yards away and still being blocked when Corky heaved his stomach contents all over that pass.
Something happened to Jones along the way. He wasn't this bad in the beginning but he's regressing. In his first year he took a beating in the first half of the season and he seems to be totally gun shy now.

If I'm the OC I go to Kraft and ask him to find me a decent QB.

That’s one of the worst interceptions I’ve ever seen thrown which is compounded by the situation he was in and the open TD.
Carson Wentz has had some beauties but nobody has the volume of our own Mac Jones. If I'm the OC I'm unhappy with the person who saddled me with such a poor QB.

I'd also be wondering if the team was tanking. This season reminds me of Suck 4 Luck, with Mac Jones playing the part of Curtis Painter.

Something happened to Jones along the way. He wasn't this bad in the beginning but he's regressing. In his first year he took a beating in the first half of the season and he seems to be totally gun shy now.

If I'm the OC I go to Kraft and ask him to find me a decent QB.

Might be shell shocked. We've heard of QBs "seeing ghosts"

Seems like that is where Mac is at this point. He's expecting pressure even when there is none so makes dumb plays like throwing off his back foot.

Yet he's not physically gifted to make those sort of throws.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back